Will you be doing much of the older stuff on tour? Check out the answer of BUCKETHEAD`S collaborator/jam partner

ludurigan

22025583-22025584-slarge.jpg

NEVER paid much attention to Bootsy Collins

YEAH, that is until I listened to THIS

Are you kidding me?

Has the Barry White spirit possessed this man?

Or something?

Is there anyone funking this hard out there?

In 2017?

Ok, my mistake, i am definetely late to the party

So OK, I am now sending THIS to everyone I know, and i am trying and reading whatever i can about Bootsy and his new album because THIS is from his new album, right?

and what do I find?

I find that BUCKETHEAD plays on his new album

Not only that

I find that BOOTSY and BUCKY (come on, BUCKY sounds at least 18 times better than BUCKETHEAD) are collaborators, jam partners, funk buddies or whatever you wanna call it!

http://liveforlivemusic.com/news/bootsy-collins-buckethead/

So, OK, we got a connection here, there is basically one person between Axl and Bootsy, one degree of separation hahahaha

Now I am reading an October 2017 Bootsy interview for Rolling Stone

And the nice people there ask him this

Will you be doing much of the older stuff on tour?

And you know what? His answer goes like this...

I know I might have to do a few, but I'm gonna try to make sure they don't push me to do a whole set like I have been doing. I think this album is going to allow me to break out of having to do that. Because this ain't back in the day. This is a new day and the sooner we embrace that, the better. Being creative calls for change. If I did the older stuff, it would have to be moving forward. Just me being in the mix is old school enough. You're gonna get what I got in me. So I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Full interview

Ok.

Now I not only have THIS

But I also have a strong enough connection to what is going on right now on the (remains of) GNR on tour

so I figure that I can post this on the forum and discuss

I like that a lot

Oh

Just one more thing

Bootsy Collins is 66 years old