There Goes the Challenger!

Len Cnut

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

The only reason I clicked on this thread was out of sheer disbelief as I thought for one second that, after 23,189 posts on MyGNR, Len had finally started a thread about Guns N Roses.

I was wrong. Most disappointed.

I've started tons of threads about GnR on here, its just you sort of ran out of subject matter around the late 2000s, lets face it, there's only so much you can wheel out the old Adler vs Sorum arguments until it all becomes slightly redundant.  Picking apart the vagaries/musical mechanics of GnR is like watching paint dry quite frankly.  Were this an interesting band that had released something worth a shite in the past quarter of a century you might get more out of it.  No one looks a spot of musical poo-picking than me, its just Guns n Roses post 1993 its perhaps the worst topic for such excursions that I can think of.  The Stones, The Beatles, The Who, The Kinks, anyone wanna go down that path with either of the aforementioned and I'll talk all fuckin' night.  Pistols, The Clash, The Happy Mondays, any of these bands and I'll talk your fuckin' ears off.

After a while there's nothing to discuss, just sitting there making threads that refer constantly to the lack of new music, which at this juncture is like a middle aged man begging a tart for a shag that ain't so much as kissed him since the Clinton Administration.  it's undignified to be a GnR fan in 2017.

Edited by Len Cnut

35 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I've started tons of threads about GnR on here, its just you sort of ran out of subject matter around the late 2000s, lets face it, there's only so much you can wheel out the old Adler vs Sorum arguments until it all becomes slightly redundant.  Picking apart the vagaries/musical mechanics of GnR is like watching paint dry quite frankly.  Were this an interesting band that had released something worth a shite in the past quarter of a century you might get more out of it.  No one looks a spot of musical poo-picking than me, its just Guns n Roses post 1993 its perhaps the worst topic for such excursions that I can think of.  The Stones, The Beatles, The Who, The Kinks, anyone wanna go down that path with either of the aforementioned and I'll talk all fuckin' night.  Pistols, The Clash, The Happy Mondays, any of these bands and I'll talk your fuckin' ears off.

After a while there's nothing to discuss, just sitting there making threads that refer constantly to the lack of new music, which at this juncture is like a middle aged man begging a tart for a shag that ain't so much as kissed him since the Clinton Administration.  it's undignified to be a GnR fan in 2017.

You know I wouldn't have you any other way Lennyboy. ;)

4 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

:lol:

I watched a lot of this on YouTube the other night.  The guy supposedly hit 150 mph+ during the 20+ minute chase.  He was hauling ass...lol.  Then he bailed and it took law enforcement another 10-15 minutes to find him somewhere in the brush.  

He was fuckin' shifting though, wasn't he?  He's actually a really good driver, he's wasted in a life of crime! 

Just now, Len Cnut said:

He was fuckin' shifting though, wasn't he?  He's actually a really good driver, he's wasted in a life of crime! 

Haha yeah, he came within inches of wrecking a half a dozen times.  Someone should take him to the track and teach him auto racing when he gets out of jail.  :lol:

2 minutes ago, soon said:

You know, I can understand how someone might derive a great deal of pleasure from that.  

Oh, I'm sure it's an insane adrenaline rush.  Highly dangerous, putting your life and others lives at risk and illegal...but yeah, I'd imagine it's a thrill for some people. 

4 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Oh, I'm sure it's an insane adrenaline rush.  Highly dangerous, putting your life and others lives at risk and illegal...but yeah, I'd imagine it's a thrill for some people. 

Totally and not to mention the theft, but even that part sounds fun.  You just see a nice, powerful car and think "Im takin that for a ride." 

On 12/11/2017 at 4:03 PM, soon said:

Totally and not to mention the theft, but even that part sounds fun.  You just see a nice, powerful car and think "Im takin that for a ride." 

I've been in similar situations but never with me driving, my driving is terrible.  Nor was it in a vaguely comparable car.  My mate linked me up in a stolen Ford Orion once and we took that for a joyride, proper hammered the fuck out of it, pushed it quite hard on a few A roads.  It gave way on us later and the funniest thing happened, we basically were push starting this car, this nicked car, we must've been around 14 or something and this fuckin' copper pulls up, parks across the road and just stays there.  Well we had to carry on what we were doing cuz...well, how can you not?  Anyway eventually he comes over because we were on this main road trying to push it into this side road up towards a housing estate and it was uphill so this copper actually helps us push it :lol:  I was fuckin' shitting myself I don't mind telling you.  We lied to him that it was my mates first car and his Dad had bought him a bit of a banger, he asked where the P plates were and he said he took em off cuz he was embarassed of em and the copper just laughed.  I was proper shitting it though when he pulled up across the road cuz I was thinkin' we'd been hammering it all over these A roads and somebody had reported us, my initial instinct when i saw him walking over was to run, each in a different direction, he could've only chased the one of us and we knew all those estates like the back of our hand so one of us at least would've gotten away.  Looking back I'm glad we didn't. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I've been in similar situations but never with me driving, my driving is terrible.  Nor was it in a vaguely comparable car.  My mate linked me up in a stolen Ford Orion once and we took that for a joyride, proper hammered the fuck out of it, pushed it quite hard on a few A roads.  It gave way on us later and the funniest thing happened, we basically were push starting this car, this nicked car, we must've been around 14 or something and this fuckin' copper pulls up, parks across the road and just stays there.  Well we had to carry on what we were doing cuz...well, how can you not?  Anyway eventually he comes over because we were on this main road trying to push it into this side road up towards a housing estate and it was uphill so this copper actually helps us push it :lol:  I was fuckin' shitting myself I don't mind telling you.  We lied to him that it was my mates first car and his Dad had bought him a bit of a banger, he asked where the P plates were and he said he took em off cuz he was embarassed of em and the copper just laughed.  I was proper shitting it though when he pulled up across the road cuz I was thinkin' we'd been hammering it all over these A roads and somebody had reported us, my initial instinct when i saw him walking over was to run, each in a different direction, he could've only chased the one of us and we knew all those estates like the back of our hand so one of us at least would've gotten away.  Looking back I'm glad we didn't. 

That is gold!!!  Good thing you didnt run.  The cop helps you push it!  At some point later in the day he must of been informed of a stolen car with that description and just silently hoped they wouldn't find his prints on it!

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Another thing weird in that situation was I thought coppers always travelled in twos...this one weren't though.  Getting chased on foot was actually considered quite fun to some mad fuckers.

So.... that was a weirdo dressed up like a cop :lol:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, soon said:

So.... that was a weirdo dressed up like a cop :lol:

Yeah, just some guy that had stumbled out of a gay bar having been on a 48 hour bender, disorientated who pulled up across the road and decided to see if he could go and pick up these two young boys struggling with a Ford Orion like 'OK, i'm gonna go up front and you guys just push from the back OK?  Just push n push n push n...' :lol: 

Edited by Len Cnut

47 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah, just some guy that had stumbled out of a gay bar having been on a 48 hour bender, disorientated who pulled up across the road and decided to see if he could go and pick up these two young boys struggling with a Ford Orion like 'OK, i'm gonna go up front and you guys just push from the back OK?  Just push n push n push n...' :lol: 

Oh Lord :nervous: