Thinking About Selling My Rig

I haven't played my rig in ages and I really don't see myself doing so any time soon, so I'm thinking about just selling it off. I've got an acoustic that I like enough to keep around probably but my electric rig is just taking up space.

My amp set up is nothing special at all; Line 6 Spider IV head with 4 speaker cab. My guitar is a 2015 Les Paul Traditional Pro III in Honey Burst though, so I'm thinking I could get around $1200 for it.

Any idea if I'm right on that guess and would anyone happen to know what I could ask for the Line 6 head & cab?

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I haven't played my rig in ages and I really don't see myself doing so any time soon, so I'm thinking about just selling it off. I've got an acoustic that I like enough to keep around probably but my electric rig is just taking up space.

My amp set up is nothing special at all; Line 6 Spider IV head with 4 speaker cab. My guitar is a 2015 Les Paul Traditional Pro III in Honey Burst though, so I'm thinking I could get around $1200 for it.

Any idea if I'm right on that guess and would anyone happen to know what I could ask for the Line 6 head & cab?

Sweet axe, man!

I found this for the head, used $259 CND.  https://reverb.com/ca/p/line-6-spider-iv-hd-150w-modeling-amp-head

Did I get the correct model?

Im in the exact same position, looking to sell my idle half stack, a mandolin and some other stuffs.  I have a Hiwatt Custom 100 head with the proper/ original type of tubes and a Marshall JCM 800 Lead Series 4x12 w/ green backs,  in white vinyl.  Im stressed about it as the Hiwatt is a sellers market amp.  I dont wanna ship it because even rugged vintage amps are delicate, Id like to sell it in person.  But its worth so much now; will anyone around here have that cash?  I sometimes think to just sell it to a store, for like half of what id get on my own because a bird in the hand... So Ive done nothing instead, lol.

3 minutes ago, soon said:

Sweet axe, man!

I found this for the head, used $259 CND.  https://reverb.com/ca/p/line-6-spider-iv-hd-150w-modeling-amp-head

Did I get the correct model?

Im in the exact same position, looking to sell my idle half stack, a mandolin and some other stuffs.  I have a Hiwatt Custom 100 head with the proper/ original type of tubes and a Marshall JCM 800 Lead Series 4x12 w/ green backs,  in white vinyl.  Im stressed about it as the Hiwatt is a sellers market amp.  I dont wanna ship it because even rugged vintage amps are delicate, Id like to sell it in person.  But its worth so much now; will anyone around here have that cash?  I sometimes think to just sell it to a store, for like half of what id get on my own because a bird in the hand... So Ive done nothing instead, lol.

Yep, that's the right one. 

So I'm guessing I could probably get like $400 for the amp & cab combo. 

@RussTCB, don't sell the axe man; they don't take up much room.... I have only bought one Gibson and would never sell it (I am a sentimental old fool).

@soon, keep the 800, be safe with that Hiwatt sale. I sold a JCM 2000 DSL 100 and Greenback loaded cab when I quit playing live years ago and always regretted it. 

3 minutes ago, SoundOfAGun said:

@soon, keep the 800, be safe with that Hiwatt sale. I sold a JCM 2000 DSL 100 and Greenback loaded cab when I quit playing live years ago and always regretted it. 

Oh, man.  Sorry to hear you regretted it.  Hope it found a good home at least.  

Its a good point.  Not all marshal cabs are created equal and this one is high quality, too.  The vinyl is rather beat up, so I think that would drive the price down more then is warranted.  And now that I think of it, If I sold them together the price would likely be negotiated lower then if I sold just the amp, maybe?

Looking to move with the proceeds so it will come down to if theres room for cab at new apartment and if I can swing keeping it.

Yeah, gotta be safe with the hi watt sale.  Its currently selling for 2.5x what I paid for the entire half stack.  (ah, memories... 50 bucks a week, forever, and then it finally came home with me)

9 minutes ago, soon said:

Oh, man.  Sorry to hear you regretted it.  Hope it found a good home at least.  

Its a good point.  Not all marshal cabs are created equal and this one is high quality, too.  The vinyl is rather beat up, so I think that would drive the price down more then is warranted.  And now that I think of it, If I sold them together the price would likely be negotiated lower then if I sold just the amp, maybe?

Looking to move with the proceeds so it will come down to if theres room for cab at new apartment and if I can swing keeping it.

Yeah, gotta be safe with the hi watt sale.  Its currently selling for 2.5x what I paid for the entire half stack.  (ah, memories... 50 bucks a week, forever, and then it finally came home with me)

How old is the cab? I took the back off mine and each plywood panel inside was signed by Jim Marshall, probably worth fuckloads as well. I have the DSL40C now, it is pretty much the same sound, but not quite. Although my cab is loaded with a v30, so that has an effect. Need to get a creamback for the DSL40C .

35 minutes ago, SoundOfAGun said:

@RussTCB, don't sell the axe man; they don't take up much room.... I have only bought one Gibson and would never sell it (I am a sentimental old fool).

My thing is this; the guitar isn't much without the head & cab which are the two things that really take up space, ya know?

8 minutes ago, SoundOfAGun said:

How old is the cab? I took the back off mine and each plywood panel inside was signed by Jim Marshall, probably worth fuckloads as well. I have the DSL40C now, it is pretty much the same sound, but not quite. Although my cab is loaded with a v30, so that has an effect. Need to get a creamback for the DSL40C .

I wanna say 84' but I'll have to refresh my memory.  I know that its a year where production methods were changed thereafter, leaving some to call it "the last great cab Marshall ever made." Of course its not, but it is pretty great.  Its wired for 16ohms...so... nah, Ill have to take off the back. I cant remember.

Wha?!  Thats awesome about the signature.  I dont remember seeing that on mine.  Its been a while though, hence selling it.  Who knows maybe it will find its way back to you some day?

Ive heard lots of good stuff about the DSL40C's!  Swap em out and youll be golden.  

Im planning to go with a 6 or 10 watt tube combo after hearing gibbos rig on a video.  Gonna be an adjustment, lol

20 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

My thing is this; the guitar isn't much without the head & cab which are the two things that really take up space, ya know?

Get yourself an interface with a hi-z input on it (Focusrite Scarlett 2i2/4) and check out some amp sims!

18 minutes ago, soon said:

I wanna say 84' but I'll have to refresh my memory.  I know that its a year where production methods were changed thereafter, leaving some to call it "the last great cab Marshall ever made." Of course its not, but it is pretty great.  Its wired for 16ohms...so... nah, Ill have to take off the back. I cant remember.

Wha?!  Thats awesome about the signature.  I dont remember seeing that on mine.  Its been a while though, hence selling it.  Who knows maybe it will find its way back to you some day?

Ive heard lots of good stuff about the DSL40C's!  Swap em out and youll be golden.  

Im planning to go with a 6 or 10 watt tube combo after hearing gibbos rig on a video.  Gonna be an adjustment, lol

They started using MDF on the back panel astound that time I think. I how that can does come back one day!

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Get a used blues Jr/hot rod deluxe for 300 or 400 and an OCD and youre set

Or get a Marshall DSL15C

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Never sell the guitar...

Keep it and buy one of these Vox mini modeling Amps so you can always plug in whenever you want!  Less than $130 and takes up about as much room as a pair of boots.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox/3W-Battery-Powered-Modeling-Amp.gc

On 1/2/2018 at 8:07 PM, ZoSoRose said:

Get a used blues Jr/hot rod deluxe for 300 or 400 and an OCD and youre set

Or get a Marshall DSL15C

19 hours ago, KURT19 said:

Never sell the guitar...

Keep it and buy one of these Vox mini modeling Amps so you can always plug in whenever you want!  Less than $130 and takes up about as much room as a pair of boots.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox/3W-Battery-Powered-Modeling-Amp.gc

I keep hearing suggestions like this. My biggest problem is that besides the space considerations, I just don't even see myself playing it again :/ I'll have to do some more thinking on it.

On 1/2/2018 at 6:37 PM, RussTCB said:

Roland MicroCube is not a bad amp. Tiny, sounds decent, and cheap. I like Blackstar's 1 watt tube amps too.

I wouldn't expect more than $200-$300 for the Line 6 stack.

$1,200 will get you a quick sale with that LP if it's in good condition. I usually see Trads go for $1,200 - $1,800 depending on finish/specs. I'd aim for somewhere in the middle personally.

Edited by OmarBradley
  • Like 2