"The greatest singer in the world cannot save a bad song" - Quincy Jones, 2018

ludurigan

"The greatest singer in the world cannot save a bad song", says Quincy Jones, in 2018

i don't know why but that quote gave me some weird chinese feelings!

:rofl-lol:

===

Is there innovation happening in modern pop music?  

Hell no. It’s just loops, beats, rhymes and hooks. What is there for me to learn from that? There ain’t no fucking songs. The song is the power; the singer is the messenger. The greatest singer in the world cannot save a bad song. I learned that 50 years ago, and it’s the single greatest lesson I ever learned as a producer. If you don’t have a great song, it doesn’t matter what else you put around it.

===

Full interview with interesting quotes on Beatles and MJ and (if I understood correctly) Marlon Brando fucking Marvin Gaye and Richard Prior and a mailbox = http://www.vulture.com/2018/02/quincy-jones-in-conversation.html?utm_campaign=nym&utm_source=tw&utm_medium=s1

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

This mad old cunt has just got to that age where he's gonna be found talking to lamposts barefoot at 2 in the afternoon.  Amongst his other gems in the past week was the admission that, apparently, Marlon Brando and Richard Pryor were having an affair in the 70s :lol: 

Plausible. Apparently Tallulah Bankhead and Billie Holiday were having it off.