New Bumblefoot Interview, Radio Chatter, WRIF Detroit

RussTCB

32 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Cool, I'll have to listen to it on my way to class. Always liked Bumble

I listened to it this morning and it's good. There's very little GNR talk but that's to be expected. Plenty of other things going on for Ron to talk about anyway.

• Like 1

I'm just going to leave this new interview here :

"Jeff has that magical ability where he can hear the rhythm of the music and come up with a melody that no one would have thought of and is friendly to the ear.

"It's an approach all great lead singers have. I've seen it in everyone that I've worked with: Scott Weiland had it; Scott Stapp did; Axl of course, and definitely Jeff Scott Soto.

"They will take a song and add this whole new layer you never thought it could have. That's what makes them so great."

https://www.guitarworld.com/artists/psychotic-symphony-ron-bumblefoot-thal-discusses-new-supergroup-project-sons-of-apollo

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silent Jay said:

Not entirely no. I will have more time later in the week, probably.

Anyway I look at Sons of Apollo closely so I know more or less most of the stuff already.

Cool. There's some cool things here and there in the interview.

• Thanks 1

I'm glad to hear he seems to be in a more positive place regarding Guns N' Roses and Axl. I am not a huge fan of Bumblefoot's work outside of Guns N' Roses (in bands or solo), but I thought he played the hell out of the old songs, and I actually liked the majority of his additions to Chinese Democracy. I would have preferred Brain May's solo on "Catcher in the Rye," but Bumblefoot did a good job considering Axl seemed to have moved on from May's work. The only song I felt Ron detracted from was "Riad n' the Bedouins." 

Edited by themadcaplaughs

22 hours ago, themadcaplaughs said:

I'm glad to hear he seems to be in a more positive place regarding Guns N' Roses and Axl. I am not a huge fan of Bumblefoot's work outside of Guns N' Roses (in bands or solo), but I thought he played the hell out of the old songs, and I actually liked the majority of his additions to Chinese Democracy. I would have preferred Brain May's solo on "Catcher in the Rye," but Bumblefoot did a good job considering Axl seemed to have moved on from May's work. The only song I felt Ron detracted from was "Riad n' the Bedouins." 

I hear what you're saying about his stuff on Chinese. I actually like 95% of what he did and I do think he improved on a lot of things which is crazy because the songs already had so many layers.

As far as him being positive about GN'R & Axl; I never want to act like I'm speaking for him but I can tell you I've discussed GN'R with him at length and he's never had any ill will towards the band, Axl or especially the fans.

Thanks for elaborating Russ. When he left the band, I did not think he had any ill will. I just figured he felt it was time to move on after so many years of new no music, but in some of those interviews he gave from 2015 until recently, he mentioned that his departure from Guns N' Roses was pretty ugly, so I was never sure.