Arcade1Up Machines.....thoughts?

RussTCB

20 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Cool for kids, my niece would like this, but otherwise obviously way too small. I'd rather get a custom arcade machine for myself lol

I've read that altough the machine is only 3/4 size, the height of the controls is the same as a regular arcade machine.

I was thinking of adding one to my music room, where everyone is always sitting down anyway. The biggest reason I'm holding off for now is selection. I'm not an overly huge fan of any of the games currently available. If they put out an MK machine (heavily rumored for early next year) or a Donkey Kong machine, I'd buy both no questions asked.

18 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

cc: @Kaneda

Dude is banned, he won't be replying to the thead.

7 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I didn't watch all of the review but the guy showed his kids using it didn't he? And it was their size.

It would be more expensive but you should get a custom cabinet loaded with 100's of games from arcade, SNES, MegaDrive etc

My bad.........I forgot that they're much shorter on their own. They make a riser that helps them reach the right height:

And yeah, I totally hear what you're saying and I know about those other cabs. This would be more in my budget though and I'd really only use it a couple of times through the year. 

Honestly man, I'm WAY more interested in that Alpha Cade machine he had next to it. No, it doesn't come with the screen or CPU with loaded games. But $350 for the cabinet and controls... Has me curious. I already have the CPU, games and TVs. Man... I'm about to Google that thing.

As for the little street fighter game? If that appeals to you, go for it I suppose. But like he said in the video, buy a raspberry pie and throw it in the other machine. That's WAAAY cooler imo. 

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I've read that altough the machine is only 3/4 size, the height of the controls is the same as a regular arcade machine.

I was thinking of adding one to my music room, where everyone is always sitting down anyway. The biggest reason I'm holding off for now is selection. I'm not an overly huge fan of any of the games currently available. If they put out an MK machine (heavily rumored for early next year) or a Donkey Kong machine, I'd buy both no questions asked.

Dude is banned, he won't be replying to the thead.

Whatttt

Honestly, I just went to their site and I'm leaning towards the 4 player control panel for $450. I could just make my own cab, with like a 32 inch screen. It's the joysticks and buttons that are BIG thing with these machines. When I made my arcade machine (a couple of years ago) I settled for xbox 360 controllers (cheaper and they are wireless), but I REALLY wanted the joysticks. But now I'm thinking I might want to do something BIG like this with it. It's really the joysticks and buttons that are the BIG expense. $450 isn't cheap by any means, but it just makes them SO much cooler. Like I said earlier, I am interested in the one he had in the video, but only 2 players and 19" screen is a bit of a let down. I have around 30 or so 4 player games, so it would be fun to be able to properly utilize them. Obviously most games are just 2 players, but a few are really iconic 4 player games (ninja turtles and simpsons).

I would ALSO love to get a steering wheel for driving games!!!

@RussTCB check this out

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

50 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Honestly, I just went to their site and I'm leaning towards the 4 player control panel for $450. I could just make my own cab, with like a 32 inch screen. It's the joysticks and buttons that are BIG thing with these machines. When I made my arcade machine (a couple of years ago) I settled for xbox 360 controllers (cheaper and they are wireless), but I REALLY wanted the joysticks. But now I'm thinking I might want to do something BIG like this with it. It's really the joysticks and buttons that are the BIG expense. $450 isn't cheap by any means, but it just makes them SO much cooler. Like I said earlier, I am interested in the one he had in the video, but only 2 players and 19" screen is a bit of a let down. I have around 30 or so 4 player games, so it would be fun to be able to properly utilize them. Obviously most games are just 2 players, but a few are really iconic 4 player games (ninja turtles and simpsons).

I would ALSO love to get a steering wheel for driving games!!!

@RussTCB check this out

I've seen that Alpha Cade but I think it might be just a bit about what I want to spend. 

You'd have to see my music room (you're welcome any time!) to understand. I'm looking to throw a machine in the corner that I'll barey play with. I'm guessing it'll get played 3 times a year at the most. 

22 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I've seen that Alpha Cade but I think it might be just a bit about what I want to spend. 

You'd have to see my music room (you're welcome any time!) to understand. I'm looking to throw a machine in the corner that I'll barey play with. I'm guessing it'll get played 3 times a year at the most. 

Thanks I appreciate the offer. 👍

2 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

This isn't my machine right now, but I'm leaning towards something like this. (With 4 player controls not 2)

https://www.recroommasters.com/Xtension-Sit-Down-Pedestal-Arcade-Cabinet-p/rm-xt-sd-ped-pro.htm

I looked at that other Rec Room Masters stuff you posted. That stuff looks great but it's just a touch outside of what I want to (or rather, should) spend.

28 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

These look dope as shit, but I know myself, and I would buy the riser, and play it like 3 times before it became a coat stand.

Since I'm in my basement spinning records at least once per week, I'm really hoping I use it more than that. I'm on the fence about the riser since almost everyone hanging out for my music nights is always sitting.

• Like 1

Just now, RussTCB said:

I looked at that other Rec Room Masters stuff you posted. That stuff looks great but it's just a touch outside of what I want to (or rather, should) spend.

Since I'm in my basement spinning records at least once per week, I'm really hoping I use it more than that. I'm on the fence about the riser since almost everyone hanging out for my music nights is always sitting.

I forget, but isn't the riser pretty cheap?  I saw these a while ago and I don't remember the price of the riser, but I remember thinking "I'd have to get that."

17 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

@RussTCB

I came across this review of the Arcade 1 Street Fighter cab. Check it out!!!

Nice. My buddy got that same cabinet and I got to check it out at his house last night. It's pretty damn sweet. I was holding out for either Mortal Kombat or Donkey Kong but I think I've just going to grab one of the ones that's available for now, then grab one of those if/when they're released.

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

@RussTCB,

did you buy it yet? I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

Nah, I won't be getting one for a couple of weeks at least. We have a Vegas vacation coming up soon that funds have to go towards. I played my buddies SFII the other night and loved that though.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the Arcade1UP machines in Walmart yesterday. I gotta say, I was surprised how small they are. I thought they would be a little bigger. My local Walmart had like 6 or so of them (I thought they were hard to get?) 

Anyways, after I get my BIG MAME machine up and running (I've been working on the software lately, still can't afford the hardware I'm wanting), I might be interested in adding one or two of these to my collection. I've been hearing rumors of a Ninja Turtles, Final Fight and Mortal Kombat machines. Honestly the Street Fighter one appeals to me the most, then maybe the Rampage one. I plan on making my MAME machine 4 players, so games like Ninja Turtles will always be better on my big machine. But a couple of little street fighter or rampage cabs...  does sound fun.