Slash is aware that his playing has changed since he sobered up: "I tend to play a lot faster"

ludurigan

He still has it. More feel than ever, I'm still waiting for his blues album. He's limited technically but his ears are phenomenal.

3 hours ago, appetite4illusions said:

When you look at what he achieved sonically and culturally through the voice of his guitar, he did his best work as a young man and the consistancy of that work hasn't carried over as much in his solos.

If it comes to AFD I agree, on UYI though a big amount of solos is just mindless noodling. I'm also playing guitar and I find for example this solo as one of his best, like, ever. Phrasing, tone, the entire idea. Flawless. https://youtu.be/dJ5vVhTBLGA?t=157

• Like 1

I'm so glad Duff and Slash are now clean and sober, but I've seen footage of early concerts where you know Slash is so drunk, yet the man killed it on guitar. I'm freakin amazed by that.

Anyway, I know that once the drugs and drinking started to effect their music, that's when Slash realized he had to get clean.

Seeing over the years so many artists trying to get clean and failing, so seeing someone like slash and Duff accomplish sobriety is a great thing.

• Like 1

Safari Inn was good. Slash’s best solo is the godfather theme. Obviously Paradise City is awesome. The solo on Can’t Get It Out of My Head was great. 

I always feel like they get cut short. I want a 3-5 minute solo on every song. 

Hopefully Slash noodles his ass off on the next GNR album. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 2