“We had to get this done before we do what’s next” - Axl

I recall Axl saying something similar to the topic headline in one of, if not the, last shows of the tour.

What are your thoughts on what this means? I’m hoping it’s something to do with a new album. Maybe something to do with funding for promo, etc? 

I think it’s Axl’s way of acknowledging rumors of a Guns N Roses album and just sticking to his way of one thing at a time. When the NITL tour started Axl and Slash have admitted they didn’t plan anything past Coachella because they weren’t sure it would work. 2 and a half years later it did work and they will need to redo that process if they are to work together creatively.

I think the thought going forward is this could easily end over creative differences once again. So for Axl and Slash it’s definitely been a one step at a time approach. And honestly the next step might not be an album. Idk what they have planned but with all the success the tour carried they now have a lot on the table in terms of future projects. For them it’s about how to sort it out and do it in a way that feels natural. 

But with that said it would not surprise me at all if they toured more before they release anything 

Edited by IncitingChaos

Could mean anything. I stopped trying to decipher Axl, the only time I feel like understanding this guy is when listening to his music. If they did this tour to test the waters when it comes to the market and getting along with each other, I think it's safe to say it was a big success. So let's hope for a new album in the not too far future.