Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I saw guns in 2013 and Axl was on time. 

The lateness during the illusions and later on could be put down to a lot of different factors. Axl being a diva, Axl being deranged, selfish, endulging the chaos, and trying to piss off fellow band members, the list goes on! 

Between 87-93 I didn’t have so much a problem with this! If you purchased a ticket in those times, you had to know what you were getting yourself in for! So o don’t really buy the whole “the poor fans” thing! It was what it was!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tadsy said:

I saw guns in 2013 and Axl was on time. 

The lateness during the illusions and later on could be put down to a lot of different factors. Axl being a diva, Axl being deranged, selfish, endulging the chaos, and trying to piss off fellow band members, the list goes on! 

Between 87-93 I didn’t have so much a problem with this! If you purchased a ticket in those times, you had to know what you were getting yourself in for! So o don’t really buy the whole “the poor fans” thing! It was what it was!!!

I personally think the band were splintering in 93. Add to that power plays by members of the band, and im sure they were all guilty of it. We could also add yodas influence in axls life as well which i think was the main reason.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, donny said:

he never kept Angus waiting for 3 hours.

i'm sure Axls head would be on a stick now if he did.

True. Angus wouldnt tolerate that shit. Acdc know how to treat their fans.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m quite suprised of the entitlement some fans have and how they feel they are owed certain things because of their fandom. Axl doesn’t owe us a new record, or live shows, or access to anything. I think he was on record as saying he didn’t care about the bootlegs that are out there. 

Back in 06, I believe it was, whenever the large batch of leaks came out, I remember there was a song that we all didn’t know the title of and there were people literally badgering Ron Thal about the name of a song and I remember just sitting back in my chair in awe of the balls that it would take to be like “ Hey, we stole this shit but we don’t know the name of this song.. could you tell us the name?” 😂 I mean you gotta have some brass balls to pull that off. 

Imho, Axl was controlled chaos and his attitude towards the media, his fan base, lack of released material was probably him and his personality but also a calculated one. 

I was actually quite surprised he reconciled with Slash in 2015/2016 and was a little bummed that the 2002 lineup never really materialized. I really liked the duo of Bucket/Robin. Not to take away from Slash because Slash belongs right next to Axl & Duff. If I could only grab one GnR record for the rest of my life, it would easily be UYI2. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Download said:

I’m quite suprised of the entitlement some fans have and how they feel they are owed certain things because of their fandom. Axl doesn’t owe us a new record, or live shows, or access to anything. I think he was on record as saying he didn’t care about the bootlegs that are out there. 

Absolutely no one on this board thinks the band owes them anything. And again...this has nothing whatsoever to do with getting anything for free.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to be on HTGTH a lot, especially 2002-to around 2012 or so, I go back from time to time, and a lot of people that were active during the buildup of Chinese Democracy haven't been active on their accounts since 2009, some 2010. It's kind of sad, I think a lot of people moved on. The anticipation of CD was so much fun, but they really are mostly a touring band now. And it's cool, I would still go to a show if they came around, but there is only so much you can discuss with a setlist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ericstacey said:

I used to be on HTGTH a lot, especially 2002-to around 2012 or so, I go back from time to time, and a lot of people that were active during the buildup of Chinese Democracy haven't been active on their accounts since 2009, some 2010. It's kind of sad, I think a lot of people moved on. The anticipation of CD was so much fun, but they really are mostly a touring band now. And it's cool, I would still go to a show if they came around, but there is only so much you can discuss with a setlist.

Or maybe they thought CD was a letdown? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2019 at 9:23 AM, RussTCB said:

Absolutely no one on this board thinks the band owes them anything. And again...this has nothing whatsoever to do with getting anything for free.

I swear just a few days ago was wondering what happened to all the trolls that said "Axl doesn't owe you anything" in every thread. :lol:

I haven't seen that argument in awhile. It was unavoidable when i first signed up.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Or maybe they thought CD was a letdown? 

Its a masterpiece compared to 'Living The Dream'. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

Its a masterpiece compared to 'Living The Dream'. 

Maybe.. but I'd rather take albums on LTD level released every 3 years than albums on CD level released every 14 years 

Edited by sl4yer
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sl4yer said:

Maybe.. but I'd rather take albums on LTD level released every 3 years than albums on CD level released every 14 years 

Fair Enough. LTD is the only Slash album that I haven't listened to repeatedly apart from the rest of SMKC and Slash albums. CD gets a huge bad rep and its a shame, its not a bad album...very underrated. I've been a Guns fan since I was 15...I'm 33 now, to say Guns had one album released in the 18 or so years I've been fan 10 years since the last one got released is a bummer. Its not exactly been plain sailing in the GnR world but hopefully there's some new music to enjoy in the next 18 months...;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Or maybe they thought CD was a letdown? 

I think that might have been the case for some, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Edward Nygma said:

Its a masterpiece compared to 'Living The Dream'. 

What is this 2005 where we need to pit Slash and Axl against each other? Since you took it there.. At least Living The Dream wasn't released under the Gn'R name....

In my opinion both albums suck. I am a fan of almost all things Slash  but Living The Dream is just boring..  Myles just ruins every song that may have had potential and most of the riffs aren't even that great.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2019 at 6:15 PM, Edward Nygma said:

Fair Enough. LTD is the only Slash album that I haven't listened to repeatedly apart from the rest of SMKC and Slash albums. CD gets a huge bad rep and its a shame, its not a bad album...very underrated. I've been a Guns fan since I was 15...I'm 33 now, to say Guns had one album released in the 18 or so years I've been fan 10 years since the last one got released is a bummer. Its not exactly been plain sailing in the GnR world but hopefully there's some new music to enjoy in the next 18 months...;) 

Axl did it to himself, imho. Chinese was good but was so blatantly obvious that no one had the balls to tell Axl no. So now Axl has to deal with living with the material and he’s never really satisfied. Instead of an album being a snapshot of where you’re at, at that point in time, it’s like he’s trying to create something that’s never really attainable and he’s permanently stuck in a position of “ I don’t know if soon is the word.” 

I’m a huuuge fan of the Deftones and thank god they release albums reguarly every 2-3 years, so I get to enjoy the journey and listen to the band evolve over the course of 20+ years. Going from UYI to CD there was an 17 year gap of umm..how did we get to here? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2019 at 8:06 AM, Tom-Ass said:

What is this 2005 where we need to pit Slash and Axl against each other? Since you took it there.. At least Living The Dream wasn't released under the Gn'R name....

In my opinion both albums suck. I am a fan of almost all things Slash  but Living The Dream is just boring..  Myles just ruins every song that may have had potential and most of the riffs aren't even that great.

 

I dunno, Myles pretty much ruins some really good work by Slash. He should have picked Astbury to be his guy for the solo albums. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2019 at 2:31 PM, Edward Nygma said:

Its a masterpiece compared to 'Living The Dream'. 

I've been on this forum for 13 years, a lot has changed but one thing is always the same: if somebody makes even the slightest reference to CD criticism, somebody will say it's better than whatever album Slash has out.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23.2.2019 at 5:06 PM, Download said:

I’m a huuuge fan of the Deftones and thank god they release albums reguarly every 2-3 years, so I get to enjoy the journey and listen to the band evolve over the course of 20+ years. Going from UYI to CD there was an 17 year gap of umm..how did we get to here? 

Their last album was pretty dull though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×