The truth, and the end.

2 minutes ago, Pele said:

He grossly over-implies his association with the band.  His 'association' is that Beta tells him stuff every now and again - that's it.  He's not an insider, he doesn't go to shows.

One hilarious example of him not being in the know what when Rose pulled out of Jimmy Kimmell interview.

Basically, Downzy announced he's received an email saying the Kimmel appearance was off. - but this guy said "don't worry, all is well.  be sure to tune in"

His ridiculous followers replied and said (and I quote) "I'd be inclined to side with Jim here", "If Jim says all is well, then I'm gonna be as chill as a motherfucker!” and “Don't listen to mygnr ever just look at past threads and you can see they are not to be trusted.”

However, no worried that the show might actually be cancelled says “Will get clarification ASAP- heading home now.” (as if some clarification would magically be at his house)

He then appeared with “The rumored show that was never officially confirmed nor officially announced is not going to happen” (which Downzy had already confirmed.

Users asked if he has more detail, he replied “No other details to publicly share at this time” (although he found out nearly 3 hours after everyone else, he seemed to have acquired all the information, but cannot publicly share it)

He then went on to say “The difference is, if it is news that could potentially be disruptive or damaging, it won't be reported here- or will be timed where it can do no damage” (now implying he knew all along – forgetting he raced home to get the news that we all already had).  He later said "not able to discuss at present, sorry” 

So you can see, he's not always in the know.  He gets little bits of info every now and again but grossly overplays his 'insider' status using implied wording.  He claims to be in Malibu and he is nowhere near.

So do you have examples where he is in the know and that would unequivocally point to him having a relationship with Beta, and not just some other source? Because to me, this just sounds like someone faking being somewhat on the inside for the power rush, and doesn't at all convince me that he is in league with Beta re: taking down the YouTube vids. In fact, if you were to take down vids I can see why claiming to operate with the consent of the band's management would be of help. So maybe he is just lying about and some fans fall for it. Wouldn't be the first time :)

Just now, SoulMonster said:

So do you have examples where he is in the know and that would unequivocally point to him having a relationship with Beta, and not just some other source? Because to me, this just sounds like someone faking being somewhat on the inside for the power rush, and doesn't at all convince me that he is in league with Beta re: taking down the YouTube vids. In fact, if you were to take down vids I can see why claiming to operate with the consent of the band's management would be of help. So maybe he is just lying about and some fans fall for it. Wouldn't be the first time :)

I know 100% that Beta communicates with him via email every now and again.  She told him when DJ left, she told him when Ron left, she told him when Axl met Slash.  He in turn told a group of 6-7 people, and they all knew way before the fanbase.  

He doesn't have a direct line in for 24/7 info.  He basically gets some of his emails answered by Beta.  There isn't really much more to it.

1 minute ago, Pele said:

I know 100% that Beta communicates with him via email every now and again.  She told him when DJ left, she told him when Ron left, she told him when Axl met Slash.  He in turn told a group of 6-7 people, and they all knew way before the fanbase.  

He doesn't have a direct line in for 24/7 info.  He basically gets some of his emails answered by Beta.  There isn't really much more to it.

Be that as it may, and even if I was to trust you on him being privy to events before they are publicly disclosed, I don't get how you are so sure it must be Beta that is the source nor that she approves of him taking down YouTube videos. Again, armed with some examples of having been able to spread insider info before, he could easily fake the source being Beta to support his claim he is taking down videos with the blessing of the band's management. Not that I necessarily believe any of it. 

To me there seems to be something of a dude-bro-masculinity-vibe in claiming to be an "insider." But what these people are more accurately is 'GNR fan community online influencers' and the most masculine thing in the world of Online Influencers is sporting a man bun while striking a yoga pose in front of a sunset. #MeatlessMondays. Just saying.

Edited by soon

4 hours ago, Pele said:

The profile was set up on the forums, and 4 users had access.

The 'character' was essentially this individual, living out his fantasy life online.  90% of content was done by him.  Another user posted occasionally, I don't think the others bothered.

He claims now it was a collective effort, but it was pretty much a one man band with a very devoted (at the time) sidekick.

Wow. The lives of these skidmarks is even sadder than I imagined.

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

In fact, if you were to take down vids I can see why claiming to operate with the consent of the band's management would be of help. So maybe he is just lying about and some fans fall for it. Wouldn't be the first time :)

This is what I've always assumed, because I'm sure TB would have no problems about doing it themselves. Although it's fully in the realm of possibility that they are aware exactly what's going on but just don't give a shit.

Just as long as Fernando can keep designing lame t-shirts, attending totally productive 3 hour meetings and photoshopping himself into group photos, he doesn't need to concern himself with anything important.

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Be that as it may, and even if I was to trust you on him being privy to events before they are publicly disclosed, I don't get how you are so sure it must be Beta that is the source nor that she approves of him taking down YouTube videos. Again, armed with some examples of having been able to spread insider info before, he could easily fake the source being Beta to support his claim he is taking down videos with the blessing of the band's management. Not that I necessarily believe any of it. 

I believe @Pele because I know first hand that TB are not so structured as you are and they do develop relationships with a certain type of fan: the 100% loyal to Axl kind of fan.

I know they do answer emails but not just any email. How do I know this? Because I've seen the emails with my own eyes, from the cellphone of the person they replied to.

Obviously, it is up to you to believe forum members or not and if you don't, I can't say to you that you're not in your right, after all you don't know any of us. However, when you ask for proof, well... some things cannot be publicly shown here or anywhere.

When you have sources or some respect for privacy of people, you just don't go around displaying the proof or revealing the sources. But what I'm trying to say is that what Pele is saying it is not far-fetched, at least it is not in my experience.

Bottom line is TB and some other people from the GN'R organization are not as inaccessible as some fans might think. Some of their relationships with fans originated around 20 years ago when the Internet was in diapers.

Time and persistence has helped them trust a certain group of people, even if they were not and are not physically close to TB or Axl.

I have always had the feeling that they (TB, Del, Rose himself) have this idea of what constitutes ''a fan'', and get constantly exasperated with places like mygnr (et al.) who fail to live up to this ''ideal''. They want fans to say, ''gee whiz'' - in my rendering these fans all speak in 1950s ''small town America'' speak! - ''gee whiz, I'd suuurrre like to buy myself that GNRAIR jacket, it'll suuurre come in handy on dem cold nights'', subsequently handing over their credit card details. Their ideal fan does not question; does not ask awkward questions about ''new material''; has expendable income and is thoroughly willing to spend that income on any (official) product.

They like their fans to be repositories of a sort of very ''official'' top-down perception of Guns N' Roses, not the grass roots scene of bootlegging, discussions, gossip and speculation. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

29 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have always had the feeling that they (TB, Del, Rose himself) have this idea of what constitutes ''a fan'', and get constantly exasperated with places like mygnr (et al.) who fail to live up to this ''ideal''. They want fans to say, ''gee whiz'' - in my rendering these fans all speak in 1950s ''small town America'' speak! - ''gee whiz, I'd suuurrre like to buy myself that GNRAIR jacket, it'll suuurre come in handy on dem cold nights'', subsequently handing over their credit card details. Their ideal fan does not question; does not ask awkward questions about ''new material''; has expendable income and is thoroughly willing to spend that income on any (official) product.

They like their fans to be repositories of a sort of very ''official'' top-down perception of Guns N' Roses, not the grass roots scene of bootlegging, discussions, gossip and speculation. 

This should be mandatory reading for anyone trying to understand the intellect of Mr Rose. It’s a quote from Mick Wall 

”Getting to know Stuart provided a unique insight into Axl's small-town origins. I was boiling eggs in the kitchen one morning when I asked Stuart to fetch some eggcups. He looked at me puzzled.

"Egg what?" he said in his sing-song Midwestern accent.

"Eggcups. You know, for putting eggs in?" 

"Say what?"

I fetched them myself. "Eggcups. See?" He looked but no lights came on. "What do you call them then?" I asked impatiently.

"Uh, we don't call 'em nuthin. I never saw nuthin like that before..."

I looked at him. "Are you taking the piss, Stuart?"

"No, sir. Where I'm from, we don't put 'em in no cups, we just peel 'em and suck 'em."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

This should be mandatory reading for anyone trying to understand the intellect of Mr Rose. It’s a quote from Mick Wall 

”Getting to know Stuart provided a unique insight into Axl's small-town origins. I was boiling eggs in the kitchen one morning when I asked Stuart to fetch some eggcups. He looked at me puzzled.

"Say what?"

I fetched them myself. "Eggcups. See?" He looked but no lights came on. "What do you call them then?" I asked impatiently.

"No, sir. Where I'm from, we don't put 'em in no cups, we just peel 'em and suck 'em."

tumblr_no2ayuNoFu1qgwm78o1_400.jpg

Ok, but years and years of you living in a big city, having travelled around the world several times and treated with thousands of different people have not broaden that small town mentality? :question:

You really have to be secluded to a tight circle of people in order to not modify your intellect after having lived so much :shrugs:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Ok, but years and years of you living in a big city, having travelled around the world several times and treated with thousands of different people have not broaden that small town mentality? :question:

You really have to be secluded to a tight circle of people in order to not modify your intellect after having lived so much :shrugs:

Oh you would think! Unfortunately I know tits that have been in 25-30 countries and may as well never have left their hometowns. Travel does not immune a person from being a Tit m... 😂

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Why does he have boxing tape wrapped around the bottoms of his sweatpants? 

(Also appears to possibly be holding the boiled egg in his right hand) 😂

It almost looks like he is wearing puttee, what the British Army used to wear during World War One,

Spoiler

british-army-wool-puttees-photo-u3?w=650

Her boots also really go with that dress. 

1 hour ago, Powderfinger said:

"Say what?"

I "hear" it in posh English: "He doesn't use eggcups. How dreadful!" 

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Her boots also really go with that dress.

It was the grunge women's fashion in the early 90s.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Powderfinger said:

"Say what?"

Hmm, anyone questioning Axl's intellect might be doing so at their own peril.  I think you might be confusing intelligence with sophistication.  By his own admission he was "fresh off the boat" when be first got to LA.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Hmm, anyone questioning Axl's intellect might be doing so at their own peril.  I think you might be confusing intelligence with sophistication.  By his own admission he was "fresh off the boat" when be first got to LA.

This is a very good point. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Now that we’re talking the real important things like fashion choices I feel obliged to let you know that combat boots and little summer dresses was the thing in the early 90s. It was considered cool.

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It was the grunge women's fashion in the early 90s.

If there is one thing I know nothing about it is lady's fashion. 

to support the argument that TB like a certain “attribute” of loyalty no matter what in the fans they keep close to them, look no further than the dude who runs the other forum! 

As for diesel daisy, he never fails to deliver a Clanger! Nearly spat my coffee out at work reading the last 2 pages of this thread 😂👌

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

"Say what?"

Ah yes, that classic British sophistication that we're so well known for.

"My good sir, are you taking the Mickey Bliss? Now hand me that cup so that I may consume these fine aborted chicken foetuses. I will need all the strength I can get if I am to hunt down some foxes later in the day, of course I will not eat these as I am not some sort of savage. Pip pip cheerio!"

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Here's my thing though; I do not want to believe TB has anything to do with the two people claiming to work on their behalf. The only thing I've wanted this whole time is for TB to come out and say that directly; "we have nothing to do with these two people. None of their actions are 'on our behalf' up an to and especially including threatening people's families".

A simple statement is all it would take for me to say "Ok, they say they're not involved with these two, so I will take them at their word". However, their silence is a real problem for me given the fact that I am 100% certain they are aware of the situation. Not only did Del acknowledge it (by insulting the fan base) but I know for certain the whole situation was brought to Fernando's attention, yet they've still said nothing. That's very troubling for me. 

This bit right here is pretty much the single biggest problem with GnR management. Or lack thereof. It always has been. And it's depressing as hell. This is the kind of shit you would be taught not to do in a band management 101 class. This whole thread is depressing... 

• Like 2