GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

Btw @Asia because of that discussion I re-watched your video again and I have to say it's my absolute favorite Slaxl video of the ones I've seen. It's just so adorable and precious and I like the song choice and everything :wub::wub::wub: You really should make more of these!

Thanks. I will. I'll just wait for some more material still ;) Also, when you want to do it right - take those pieces directly from the shows not from other compilations, search and look for those that haven't been spotted before and aren't just everywhere, put them in the right order, fit them in with the music, choose the music, it's really time consuming, I guess I was doing it for a week or more. But it sure was great fun!

13 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

:lol: Ah, thank you!

It really does seem to be exactly the same shirt Axl has. (Or maybe it even is literally the same shirt :ph34r:)

Slaxl Clothes Sharing 2k16 ?

Or both just having bought/been given the same shirt? Or Axl giving Slash the same shirt as a present after showing it to him on stage?

(Btw what's with the Loony Tunes writing? And the arrow pointing at Slash? Is that something Meegan added? I don't get it :P)

Any pic of Axl wear same shirt?

@killuridols I dont get it about tht pic? Could You please give the details? Is it about the shirt just like Lumikki said? :)

3 minutes ago, stella said:

Different bands HAVE figured out different things, but there's no denying that it has impacted the industry negatively in a major way. Bands DO now say, "why bother if it's going to be pirated," the sales of albums are way down - in the 80s and 90s it was unheard of for only one album in a year to go platinum - and bands that do release albums do so more sporadically. I remember in the late 80s, it was a big deal that Def Leppard took four years to put out Hysteria after their last album. Now, four or five years is a perfectly acceptable gap between albums, and many established bands go even longer than that.

And once again, a band who is playing live IS making music. Once again, there's more than one way to express one's musical ability. I'm not sure why you object to this so much. If we judged musicians based only on their body of recorded work, a lot of people who have spent their lives making music would be knocked out of that definition.

Yes it has impacted the industry negatively but it is not a new phenomenom. The industry has already figured out other ways to make money and still release music. We are not stuck in 2001.

Maybe bands do release albums more sporadically but that doesn't mean they NEVER release anything new. Metallica, Radiohead, Aerosmith, even AC/DC have recently released stuff or are about to do it. When we are talking about GN'R the gap is even wider than wahts considered "normal" now, so we are still in a bad place. Not to mention their back catalogue is small and even Axl aknowledges this.

Seventeen years between the Illusions and Chinese Democracy. Eight years since Chinese Democracy so far, no clue when the next one will come out (if ever).

I don't think a band playing live is "making" music. They are just playing, performing, unless they were improvising or jamming. What's so hard to understand about it? Or what's the point of changing the meaning?

I don't object anything. Look for my previous response, a musician can be someone who either just plays instruments and other people's compositions or they can be also performers, composers and recording artists. Guns N' Roses falls into the last category. There's no use to be talking about session musicians, orchestra boys or buskers, because I am talking about GN'R and I dont care what other musicians do. This whole time I was talking about Guns N' Roses, the rock band that play their own music.

16 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@killuridols Maybe he took her cos she can't speak English and won't have a clue what's being said :lol:

:awesomeface:

15 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

It really does seem to be exactly the same shirt Axl has. (Or maybe it even is literally the same shirt :ph34r:)

Or both just having bought/been given the same shirt? Or Axl giving Slash the same shirt as a present after showing it to him on stage?

(Btw what's with the Loony Tunes writing? And the arrow pointing at Slash? Is that something Meegan added? I don't get it :P)

Yes its something she added but its not pointing at Slash, it's pointing at Lulu and she's calling her Looney Tunes because of what she's doing and staying up when she should have gone to bed.

:heart:

15 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

It is the same shirt! I loved it when Axl wore it so i remember it and IIRC he never wore it again, right? I wonder if it's because he give it to Slash or it's because he didn't want to be matchy-matchy

2 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Any pic of Axl wear same shirt?

@killuridols I dont get it about tht pic? Could You please give the details? Is it about the shirt just like Lumikki said? :)

Dude even I know what's up with that shirt. It's that shirt Axl wore during one of the shows that he just had to show to Slash.

And you call yourself a Slaxl fan? :suspicious::lol:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Frey said:

Dude even I know what's up with that shirt. It's that shirt Axl wore during one of the shows that he just had to show to Slash.

And you call yourself a Slaxl fan? :suspicious::lol:

Yup I just remember N' Watch it again

Sorry, just because Im making a mistake You doubting Me as Slaxl Fan :max::P

Edited by SerenityScorp

11 minutes ago, giuls said:

It is the same shirt! I loved it when Axl wore it so i remember it and IIRC he never wore it again, right? I wonder if it's because he give it to Slash or it's because he didn't want to be matchy-matchy

Pretty sure the first:wub:, They finally make a moves ,eh :awesomeface:

If its the second, I think They like to matching shirt, The Brazil, The red shirt N' tht one :wub:

27 minutes ago, Mararoyce said:

Regarding TB having financial control over Axl's $ - I work in the entertainment biz myself, with finances. There is a rule amongst studios that you can't work with your family. There has been issues in the past of families syphoning money, easily done, books are easily cooked. I'm not saying it's happening, but it puts Axl in a very vulnerable situation.

I wouldn't do it myself, but I still think that if TB was trying to get money out of Axl, they'd have pushed relentlessly for a reunion all this time. Because that's worth a lot more than NuGuns was.

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yes its something she added but its not pointing at Slash, it's pointing at Lulu and she's calling her Looney Tunes because of what she's doing and staying up when she should have gone to bed.

But the arrow is pointing at Slash, so doesnt she mean Slash with Looney Tunes? *confused*

16 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yes it has impacted the industry negatively but it is not a new phenomenom. The industry has already figured out other ways to make money and still release music. We are not stuck in 2001.

Maybe bands do release albums more sporadically but that doesn't mean they NEVER release anything new. Metallica, Radiohead, Aerosmith, even AC/DC have recently released stuff or are about to do it. When we are talking about GN'R the gap is even wider than wahts considered "normal" now, so we are still in a bad place. Not to mention their back catalogue is small and even Axl aknowledges this.

Seventeen years between the Illusions and Chinese Democracy. Eight years since Chinese Democracy so far, no clue when the next one will come out (if ever).

I don't think a band playing live is "making" music. They are just playing, performing, unless they were improvising or jamming. What's so hard to understand about it? Or what's the point of changing the meaning?

I don't object anything. Look for my previous response, a musician can be someone who either just plays instruments and other people's compositions or they can be also performers, composers and recording artists. Guns N' Roses falls into the last category. There's no use to be talking about session musicians, orchestra boys or buskers, because I am talking about GN'R and I dont care what other musicians do. This whole time I was talking about Guns N' Roses, the rock band that play their own music.

:awesomeface:

:heart:

Look, it's obvious we're not going to agree on this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RooSaa said:

But the arrow is pointing at Slash, so doesnt she mean Slash with Looney Tunes? *confused*

because its a video, not an image.

video doesnt start there. and that writting gets stuck throughout the whole video.

:facepalm: omg i shouldnt have posted that, now people are saying Meegan calls Slash looney tunes :facepalm:

@Lumikki :unsure:

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

video doesnt start there. and that writting gets stuck throughout the whole video.

:facepalm: omg i shouldnt have posted that, now people are saying Meegan calls Slash looney tunes :facepalm:

thank you for explaining :)

12 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Just crop it

Let it be. It was a proof tht Theyre in love again :wub:

Edited by SerenityScorp

10 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I was going to say it's cute she give him a nickname, well, it's cute with her daughter too! 

1 minute ago, giuls said:

I was going to say it's cute she give him a nickname, well, it's cute with her daughter too! 

yeah none of that is mean stuff... she was just scolding the girl for bad behavior but all in a cute loving mommy way :hug:

she also calls her "nutter butter" :heart:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

yeah none of that is mean stuff... she was just scolding the girl for bad behavior but all in a cute loving mommy way :hug:

she also calls her "nutter butter" :heart:

Nah, like i said, i find it cute, the second nickname is super cute too :wub:

Edited by giuls
i keep making typos today