GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

12 minutes ago, Asia said:

He wasn't pissed off, you can even hear him chuckle a little with laughter there. I bet my everything he was not angry then. He was generally in good mood. He is a little irritated with Duff at the end  because Duff kinda almost sat on his broken leg but I wouldn't call it anger but momentary irritation.

There's no anger nor sarcasm in his voice, a bit of jokefulness if anything, especially in the fuck you. Come on, it's so exaggerated, intentioanlly. Besides I watched that show, he really wasn't angry.

Ok, Ok you win. I watched it with headphone (my kids love to repeat bad words) :lol: and I don't think he sounds angry, but he does flounce off to his little tent haha 

13 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I bet he's peeping through those curtains, feeling a bit heartbroken :cry:

He'll be on Twitter in a bit, passive aggressively "liking" things about 4tus :lol:

Out of likes

This is wht He thinks about tht pic

Edited by SerenityScorp
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Frey said:

I really don't get you girls sometimes :lol:

What's so "sweet" about this picture? It's just a picture of Axl and Fortus standing/sitting in a room?

I didn't wanna be mean and put not Izzy (like what I was thinking) :P

its quite sweet, Axl hanging out with fortus, better than you know who :lol:

5 minutes ago, Frey said:

What's so "sweet" about this picture? It's just a picture of Axl and Fortus standing/sitting in a room?

For me because Fortus is almost nonexistent lol It's nice to see a pic of him every now and then, the poor guy gets a lot of shit for no reason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes, that's the one. Should have worded it better, myself. That pic from when they went out afterwards for dinner and I think they went on the London eye, seems to have only been Sasha with him that time. 

But Sasha works for them so it's the same as having TB doing the babysitting :lol:

23 minutes ago, Frey said:

:rofl-lol:

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

The pirate thing has been going on for 2 decades I believe... It's nothing new and it's nothing that Axl is not aware of. It is also not something that has prevented artists from making music ever since. New ways have been figured out by different bands and they work.

Different bands HAVE figured out different things, but there's no denying that it has impacted the industry negatively in a major way. Bands DO now say, "why bother if it's going to be pirated," the sales of albums are way down - in the 80s and 90s it was unheard of for only one album in a year to go platinum - and bands that do release albums do so more sporadically. I remember in the late 80s, it was a big deal that Def Leppard took four years to put out Hysteria after their last album. Now, four or five years is a perfectly acceptable gap between albums, and many established bands go even longer than that.

And once again, a band who is playing live IS making music. Once again, there's more than one way to express one's musical ability. I'm not sure why you object to this so much. If we judged musicians based only on their body of recorded work, a lot of people who have spent their lives making music would be knocked out of that definition.

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

:lol: Ah, thank you!

It really does seem to be exactly the same shirt Axl has. (Or maybe it even is literally the same shirt :ph34r:)

Slaxl Clothes Sharing 2k16 ?

Or both just having bought/been given the same shirt? Or Axl giving Slash the same shirt as a present after showing it to him on stage?

(Btw what's with the Loony Tunes writing? And the arrow pointing at Slash? Is that something Meegan added? I don't get it :P)

Edited by Lumikki

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

Thanks for adding all these things Marc said to the discussion. His opinion really counts for a lot, and if even he says these things, then I think we're right to be concerned.

I've actually read all of the Canter Banter threads, but that was a long time ago, and I've forgotten a lot of it by now.

The thing Marc mentions about Beta not telling Axl about Marc's email and the book makes me think my suspicions about her not passing on Izzy's messages are true as well.

I have to say it really pisses me off that Beta and the rest of TB seem to have taken it upon themselves to decide what Axl gets to see, hear and know about and what not. Especially since it always seem to be people from Axl's old life that they need to "protect" him from apparently, but they never seem to feel the need to protect him from creepy fuckers like Nur Khan.

And the thing about TB having financial control over Axl too is just scary.

I think he is Fernando's friend as well, yes. But I don't remember where I read that unfortunately.

Axl saying to Beta that he wished she was his mom breaks my heart. I remember reading that in these old interviews and it made me feel all :unsure::cry: then and it still does now.

Unfortunately not having a good mom can really screw up a child for life. Especially in the first few years of a child's life. If there's a lack of love and affection for the child (or even abuse and neglect), and the child doesn't form a proper attachment to their mom (or any other care-giver, but usually it's moms for obvious reasons) this can have far reaching consequences. Can even cause Reactive Attachment Disorder in children in some cases.

In Axl's case we do know that he said he never felt loved by his mom and that he felt he was unwanted and a burden to the people in his family. Growing up with that kind of feeling has got to leave marks on a child. And that's before we even get into the whole issue about his mother never protecting him from abuse (or even being abusive herself? Some of Axl's quotes make it sound like his mother beat him too) by his father and step-father.

I really hope Duff (and Slash) can influence things for the better as well. Being on tour with Axl and TB should give them some pretty good insight into some of the things that are going wrong.

@MillionsOfSpiders I have zero evidence for this, but I share your impression. Probably because Fernando for example doesn't seem to be the kind of person someone like Duff (or even Slash) would have respect for. And Duff was probably annoyed by them from the very first time he had to deal with them back at the hotel in London when they refused to let him go to Axl. (Because I get the impression they were there during that incident, but then later on Axl only took Sasha with him. Probably because he would have been embarrassed to appear with his mom and her kids, instead of a female partner or something.)

I thought it was Axl, but like I said I'm terrible with crappy audios, so who knows.

Huh, interesting. I do like the idea of Axl being serious about his "I love you, too" (obviously lol), but I really wish I could get a better picture of the whole situation.

Btw @Asia because of that discussion I re-watched your video again and I have to say it's my absolute favorite Slaxl video of the ones I've seen. It's just so adorable and precious and I like the song choice and everything :wub::wub::wub: You really should make more of these!

Regarding TB having financial control over Axl's $ - I work in the entertainment biz myself, with finances. There is a rule amongst studios that you can't work with your family. There has been issues in the past of families syphoning money, easily done, books are easily cooked. I'm not saying it's happening, but it puts Axl in a very vulnerable situation.

• Like 1