Could this be The General?

ManetsBR

-You wrote The General. Despite very few people having heard it, it has become a legend in the Guns N' Roses world. What do you think about that?

Brian: it's an awesome jam... i hope it's released soon!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WZAFtQU0IU%26%61%75%74%6F%70%6C%61%79%3D%31&player_feature=embed

Too much structured to be just a jam. Clearly a song. The band jammed and If The World and Axl played Prostitute in 2006, we only didn't know they were not only some jams. This is a Guns N' Roses song, I'm pretty sure.

Edited by ManetsBR

IMO this is good enought to be The General. And pay attention, the same riff of the beggining is played again in the end. And it looks like the descriptions we have so far.

And maybe when Axl said we may have already listened to a part of The General he was not refering to the Checkmate leak as many people think.

I never once thought that the "Checkmate" clip was The General. Isn't The General supposed to be a sequel to Estranged or something? If so, perhaps this is part of The General, with the piano and such. It's definitely possible that it could be. If not, then I wouldn't count it out all together to not be any song.

This is similar to another jam they did awhile back too. The other one had way more piano in it though. Sounds freaking amazing nonetheless.

I am still listening. The other one I am talking about had more piano in the beginning and is definitely a bit different. It wasn't as long as this one, though. Wish I had the link to it... :(

-You wrote The General. Despite very few people having heard it, it has become a legend in the Guns N' Roses world. What do you think about that?

Brian: it's an awesome jam... i hope it's released soon!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WZAFtQU0IU%26%61%75%74%6F%70%6C%61%79%3D%31&player_feature=embed

Too much structured to be just a jam. Clearly a song. The band jammed and If The World and Axl played Prostitute in 2006, we only didn't know they were not only some jams. This is a Guns N' Roses song, I'm pretty sure.

I dont know but this is a fucking awesome jam session..definately not a spontanious set of chords being thrown out there. Thought occours to me that they could be doing this every show...ya know teasing the shit out of us to see whats going on in the studio. If the next album has this sound.. im up for another fifteen years wait.

I may be looking too much into it but...

"One of my favorite songs is this song called 'The General', which is so... it's by far the heaviest metal tune I think ive ever heard Axl do, this slow, grinding riff with these high, piercing vocals, screaming vocals. [...] [Axl] goes, 'Well, this comes out on the third record. It relates to this song, it's a trilogy, this goes with this lyrically.'" (Baz, Metal Edge, 11/06/07)

This jam is very heavy, very deep. And it has a slow and awesome riff, in the beggining and in the end of the jam.

"[bach] says Rose told him that a slow, grinding track called 'The General' is 'the sequel to [use Your Illusion II's] 'Estranged,' that goes to the parable that Del James wrote of the trilogy' (James penned the short story that inspired the 'November Rain' video)." (Rolling Stone, 06/25/08)

Well, with all this orchestra, piano, and being kind of timeless, it could be really a sequel to Estranged.

Q: Could you tells us more about "The General"?

A: You may have heard parts of it somewhere.

(Axl Rose, chinesedemocracy.com, Dec. 2008)

He could be refering to a jam like this one, and not necessarily the Checkmate leak as many people suppose.

Dont forget the militar drum in the end and the fact that the band on their jams and Axl in his solos have already played new songs before they were released and without mentioning they were new songs.

Credits for GNR-Evolution for the quotes.