My attempt at the November Rain

Get a metronome, get your rhythm tight. Learn the scale used for the solo. Some parts of it are quite off key. Sounds like you're just picking random notes as fast as you can for effect.

Keep practising.

thanks.

Yeah I tried making it kinda more shredding than it's supposed to.

Edited by Chris Axl

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said, timing needs some work as well as learning your way around the fret board more. Your Harmonic's are pretty good and you deffinately give the guitar life, I can see you becoming a really good player, keep practicing :)

It feels like you're stressing to muych when you play. You're hanging right in the middle of just the right rythm/tempo and to fast. And when you play fast it sometimes sounds a little "grumsete" (don't know the english word :P )

Practise a lot on it very slow and then faster and faster, but DON'T rush ;)

thanks.

I gotta let you guys know.... I just learned the solo. And didn't really try to play it like Slash plays, kinda trying to show more of how fast I can play.. :tongue2:

But thanks for the tips everyone

It's the wrong solo for speed showcasing really. Hmm, maybe something more Paradise City Outro would be suited for speed.

nah thats poor.

The lad asked for 'constructive' critisism. If you think it was poor, then at least say what you thought was wrong with it so he can work on it. Otherwise it sounds like you dont really know what you're talking about. I'm not saying you dont - but just back up what you say is all I mean.

I havent got time to listen to it right now Chris, but I will do so soon. I dont know much about guitar work though! (I cant play) but i'll know how it sounds to my ears