Rolling Stones to quit touring???

highvoltage

:question:

Is this true? Any ideas people?

THE Rolling Stones will reportedly quit touring for good after playing London's O2 Arena this Sunday, after 45 years in the music business.

The veteran rockers are believed to have declared that their current A Bigger Bang Tour will be their last because frontman Sir Mick Jagger, 64, and guitarist Keith Richards, 63, will be too old to do another.

A source said: "We've been told this will be the last tour. Embarking on a Stones world tour takes years to plan. Mick and Keith would be in their late 60s by the time they would be ready to rock once more."

Mick, Keith, drummer Charlie Watts, 66, and guitarist Ronnie Wood, 60, end their massive two-year tour this week with three dates at the new O2 Arena, with their final performance on Sunday.

The band was formed in 1962 and has been touring regularly ever since.

The group have sold more than 200 million albums worldwide over the last five decades, and played thousands of sold-out shows.

The Stones have been receiving rave reviews for the latest leg of their tour, and wowed 60,000 at Ireland's Slane Castle on Saturday.

The band started in London in 1962 with original leader Brian Jones, but he was usurped by the songwriting partnership of singer Mick Jagger and guitarist Keith Richards.

Jones died in 1969, shortly after being fired from the band and was replaced by 20-year-old Mick Taylor.

The band has released 55 albums and have had 37 top-10 singles. They have sold over 300 million albums worldwide. Their latest album, A Bigger Bang, was released in 2005 and their world tour is still continuing.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story...3-10388,00.html

I have no idea what this is based on or whether it's true or what. Someone help out?

The group have sold more than 200 million albums worldwide
They have sold over 300 million albums worldwide.

:huh:

I'd wait till it's official from a UK news site instead of an Aussie source :P

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcomi..._show_ever.html

I'm not saying it's true by the way. I posted the article to see if anyone else knew.

I hope not. Otherwise I would have fought like hell to get O2 tickets :mellow:

Anyway, there's too much money to be made... If Chuck Berry can still tour at the age of 80, then The Rolling Stones should have no problem.

Edited by LCG

maybe its time...

Well fuck you.

I hope that the Stones will keep rocking as long as they can still stand.

fuck me?? uh, get a girlfriend, it might be rewarding that way. did it ever occur to you that the problem is that they can't fuckin stand? what do you think the words "too old" meant from that statement? i dunno what it is about my grasp of the fundamentals of nature that bothers you so but the fact is, stones or no stones, everything comes to an end. and thats all i was saying, maybe its time. wasnt a diss or anything.

Edited by ffrankwhite

Anyway, there's too much money to be made... If Chuck Berry can still tour at the age of 80, then The Rolling Stones should have no problem.

Chuck Berry is touring? I thought he only played club shows where he lives.

Chuck Berry is touring? I thought he only played club shows where he lives.

Nope, he was even in Norway in July. It's a shame I couldn't see him.

it's about time, but i dont believe it. they've been saying this forever. kinda like The Eagles who have been on their Farewell Tour for like 4 years now, then decide to record anothrr album...

Edited by RJ88

maybe its time...

Well fuck you.

I hope that the Stones will keep rocking as long as they can still stand.

fuck me?? uh, get a girlfriend, it might be rewarding that way. did it ever occur to you that the problem is that they can't fuckin stand? what do you think the words "too old" meant from that statement? i dunno what it is about my grasp of the fundamentals of nature that bothers you so but the fact is, stones or no stones, everything comes to an end. and thats all i was saying, maybe its time. wasnt a diss or anything.

But it's still cool for the Pistols to record new music and tour...in their 50's?

same shit...different pot