Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

Haven't various retail outlets offered release dates and even pre-sales for years now? I'm still trying to have faith that CD will be out this year, but the chances are getting slimmer by the day. By this point, there should be a single and video, cd's should be being pressed, etc. There has not been any sign of these things happening, and someone somewhere should have at least have some reliable info that the process of promotion and release has begun.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

This may be old news to some - but i walked into my local music zone record shop and asked about a release date for chinese democracy - the bloke behind the counter got his sheet of release dates out and said it was NOV 13th - i asked was this definate and he replied that although it is on the sheet for albums to be released it may/likely be changed?!

I then went into HMV and asked (the bloke actual smiled when i asked) and his computer did say NOV 13th but apparently it has now been removed!! he said this was proberbly because the release date has been put back but hey who knows????

This may be old news to some - but i walked into my local music zone record shop and asked about a release date for chinese democracy - the bloke behind the counter got his sheet of release dates out and said it was NOV 13th - i asked was this definate and he replied that although it is on the sheet for albums to be released it may/likely be changed?!

I then went into HMV and asked (the bloke actual smiled when i asked) and his computer did say NOV 13th but apparently it has now been removed!! he said this was proberbly because the release date has been put back but hey who knows????

I realize this may have seemed like exciting news to you at the time, but random rumors from record store employees have been around every few months for the last few years and certainly do not qualify as "news."

I realize this may have seemed like exciting news to you at the time, but random rumors from record store employees have been around every few months for the last few years and certainly do not qualify as "news."

*Closed*

:( wish i had the power to do that

Well i just thought that other uk fans like myself would like to know what HMV and music zone were saying so everyone didnt have to go round asking the shops - If music zone are saying the 13th (subject to change) i consider that news.

I have been asking record shops for many years now (getting laughed at by a few) so getting a release date was great news to me!!

plus if its on the release date schedual for music zone it aint a rumour is it???

Edited by Jaysgnr

Well i just thought that other uk fans like myself would like to know what HMV and music zone were saying so everyone didnt have to go round asking the shops - If music zone are saying the 13th (subject to change) i consider that news.

I have been asking record shops for many years now (getting laughed at by a few) so getting a release date was great news to me!!

plus if its on the release date schedual for music zone it aint a rumour is it???

There have been various release dates popping up for years and some stores have even gone so far as to offer pre-sales, so the fact they gave you a date isn't credible news.

That being said, any little tidbit of info at this point is exciting. If I had walked into my record store and the person at the register said that it was on the computer to be released on a particular date I would be extremely happy. The simple fact is that we can't really trust any info unless it is directly from management.

Putting all that aside, November 13th(U.K.) and 14th(U.S.) is very possible. I think CD should be out in November at the latest in order for there to be a big enough buzz for Christmas sales, but knowing Axl it might very well be the last possible date which would be 12/26(U.S.) .

I called my HMV store, and the guy laughed at me, and said that they had no idea, and that there has been rumours for about 10 years....

mind you, maybe my problem is that I asked HMV....they are pathetic and over-priced....