Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

Ok, so today I go to the BestBuy on 5th ave. and 44 st. and I ask a girl that works there if she knew when the new Gn'R cd was coming and she says "Chinese Democracy? that's coming out in two weeks, well two weeks from Tuesday so it'll be the 14th of November" and I asked if she was sure or that and she said '' I'm 100 percent positive" so I asked her how'd she know, and she said "that's what the memo we got said, 'release date the 14th, shipments arrive the 9th'." ....after she said that I cried a little I must admit :ph34r: .......but I was just damn happy! :wub: ..............of course this could only count as a rumor, but she sure looked like she knew what she was talking about. :krider:

Kannon.

*EDIT*

I didn't actually cry :huh:

Edited by kannon21

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so today I go to the BestBuy on 5th ave. and 44 st. and I ask a girl that works there if she knew when the new Gn'R cd was coming and she says "Chinese Democracy? that's coming out in two weeks, well two weeks from Tuesday so it'll be the 14th of November" and I asked if she was sure or that and she said '' I'm 100 percent positive" so I asked her how'd she know, and she said "that's what the memo we got said, 'release date the 14th, shipments arrive the 9th'." ....after she said that I cried a little I must admit :ph34r: .......but I was just damn happy! :wub: ..............of course this could only count as a rumor, but she sure looked like she knew what she was talking about. :krider:

Kannon.

*EDIT*

We have many rumors like this!!!

I can't think it isn't happening! rock4

Kannon.

*EDIT*

cool. go on the 9th and ask to see it

I was at my local record store today and asked for information about CD. The owner of the shop checked her computer and there was still NO info given. No release date for anything GNR related for the next 3 weeks. She said, she might get info about new Universal releases on November 20th. Still there always might be the chance of a "quick release" for a CD, when the record stores are informed only 2 days before the CDs arrive. In her opinion, labels become more and more crazy.

Yeah, we talked quite a few minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

I know we've been in this place many times before, but HMV still say that Chinese Democracy will be released next Monday (13.11.06), yet unless im really ignorant(which is likely) ive not seen or heared any updates regarding a release date. Please inform me.

My source from HMV was the guy working at the check out, and before I asked him, another forum member asked in another store.

Gracii

When? I've never actually seen it advertised in HMV and why the hell did they say that release date anyway because its not as if its ever been confirmed by Geffen.

Chinese Democracy used to be available for pre-order on their website. Now it just says it is unavailable (although the release date is still up). They had that release date for the same reasons why Rolling Stone say it is coming out on the 21st and all the other places with their own release dates. They heard from a friend of Geffen manager's milkman that this is the release date.

Edited by Guest

..any more news on the random girl front?

There's a lot of random girls working in record stores all over the globe, surly another one of them (random girl types) will speak out soon :D

Random Girl is all-knowing

Seriously though,if Random Girl keeps picking random dates eventually one will be correct so people who speak to Random Girl will think they're in the know.

There's a lot of random girls working in record stores all over the globe, surly another one of them (random girl types) will speak out soon :D

Seriously though,if Random Girl keeps picking random dates eventually one will be correct so people who speak to Random Girl will think they're in the know.

:D

An evolutionist once claims: time, in terms of billions of years, will make wonders even the chance is infinitesimally small. The human brain may be too complex to comprehend. Ask a monkey to sit in front of a piano. Give him endless time. What is the chance of our "ancestor" striking the notes of Beethoven's Fur Elise correctly? link

If Axl+Co. delay CD much longer they will be viewed as a bunch of monkays :D

Edited by dobadog

Alright. I just e-mailed one of the best record stores in Stockholm (Pet Sounds: http://www.petsounds.se ) about the release of "Chinese Democracy". I have some worrying news about their answer:

"Sorry, den har försvunnit från releasebladen."

which in english translates to:

"Sorry, it has been removed from the release papers."

So, in other words they had it listed for release but it has now been removed. :(

I for one will be pretty upset if the album diesn´t come out this year.

Edited by Lukinx

Last friday I was at my local recordstore again and asked if there were any news regarding CD again, and again I was told that there aren't any infos about it.

Great, isn't it.

Here come the conspiracy theorists-Geffen has all record stores under a gag order and the cd manufacturing plant as well.

Everyday, this year gets less and less likely.

someone on another forum said gnr have switched from geffen to interscope

that could cause the lack of information

my store still says dec 19th

i dont get how its been deleted from some systems cause it was never in ours

i ask our universal rep every wednesday hes not saying anything for a reason

someone on another forum said gnr have switched from geffen to interscope

that could cause the lack of information

my store still says dec 19th

i dont get how its been deleted from some systems cause it was never in ours

i ask our universal rep every wednesday hes not saying anything for a reason

a glimmer of hope perhaps?

Last friday I was at my local recordstore again and asked if there were any news regarding CD again, and again I was told that there aren't any infos about it.

Great, isn't it.

Here come the conspiracy theorists-Geffen has all record stores under a gag order and the cd manufacturing plant as well.

Everyday, this year gets less and less likely.

i don't think such a gag order is as ridiculous as you make it sound. if you look at recent interviews (bbf, bach) there is clearly a gag order on those in and around the band. why would they let record store employees talk about CD if no one in around the band can?

i do agree that "everyday, this year gets less and less likely", though i cannot help but wonder if perhaps that is the way we are supposed to be feeling right now...maybe just wishful thinking, i know....