Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Borders and Barnes and Nobel: Guns and Roses? "Nothing is listed on our screens sir. Are they still around?

A new album? Chinese Democracy??"(deer caught in headlight stare with crickets chirping in the background) "We have Greatest Hits listed do you mean that?"

"No -Chinese Democracy from Guns and Roses!"

"Are you sure its a Guns and Roses album sir??"

Then I lose it and kick over a James Blunt display..Hop up on the counter and grab the skirt by her collar and scream.... YOU HAVE TO HAVE THIS ALBUM HERE BY CHRISTMAS YOU UNDERSTAND!!??IT HAS TO BE HERE BY CHRISTMAS!!!

As security led me away in my straightjacket I could here the clerks mutter.

"Chinese Democracy?? From GUNS AND ROSES???..this guy really really picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue!"

Found this very amusing.. also, love the "Airplane" quote!

KK x

I thought I'd phone my local HMV and Virgin megastore here in Watford just to see what they said. The guy I spoke to from Virgin said there is nothing at all and that he doubted it would be out any time before February, but added" but then this is Guns n Roses". I then spoke to someone from HMV in Watford and he looked it up on their system and actually said it was due to be released next Monday(13th Nov), but that it had been withdrawn. He said it was for legal reasons, that something must have happened to force them to pull it. Not much help, I know, but I thought I'd pass it on. Interesting that HMV said it was "due for release" next Monday. :question:

I thought I'd phone my local HMV and Virgin megastore here in Watford just to see what they said. The guy I spoke to from Virgin said there is nothing at all and that he doubted it would be out any time before February, but added" but then this is Guns n Roses". I then spoke to someone from HMV in Watford and he looked it up on their system and actually said it was due to be released next Monday(13th Nov), but that it had been withdrawn. He said it was for legal reasons, that something must have happened to force them to pull it. Not much help, I know, but I thought I'd pass it on. Interesting that HMV said it was "due for release" next Monday. :question:

I called HMV in Oz and they said the same thing, that they had a date and it was pulled ....she said that its not the first time chinese democracy has been through that process :rofl-lol:

then i spoke to a guy and he said that it definately wont be out this year from what he knows, i think that would be accurate if they pulled the album anyway, so thats a little dissapointing.

Edited by motownjunkie

I'm guessing this will be added on to the Tuesday Guessing Thread, but interesting noe-the-less!

It's a shame GnR can't just say when it is! Or even mention the album anymore!

It would be great if Axl could mention something about it at the gig tomorrow etc...

LP

It still says "deleted" and "unavailable", so it's nothing too exciting!

Edited by Longpig

HMV just make it up as they go along. Although i'm sure they'll get it right sooner or later. Maybe they have been told to say the new date, to throw us fans off the scent.

I'm holing out for November the 21st. If no album shows up, then 18 December will be the next hope. In the mean time, life goes on as normal :D

Edited by dobadog

im beginning to wonder if an album actually exists, i would love to be proven wrong on this though

or is it axls insecurity starting to get the better of him

or it could be just a big con to raise some cash, if so expect a backlash

STARTING to get the better of him?!!

It got the better of him years and years ago!

LP

HMV just make it up as they go along.

umm actually we dont :fuckyou:

how many times have i said this in this thread

the dates we get come from label representatives

and obviously if the dates are wacky the label isnt sure either

I was in one of those "Saturn" shops today, one of the two biggest record and electronic stuff stores in Germany, and asked about Chinese Democracy. They had NO info about it, the guy at the counter even told me that he doubts it, that it'll come out this year because they already have all the releases until the end of 06.

He was even surprised to hear about a New GNR record, since a colleague of him is a big GNR fan and didn't ever mention it...that's what he told me.