Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's hard at this point, but some of you still believe some guy or girl's word from a music store more than what has been said by Axl himself.

Until the end of 2006, I'm not getting my hopes up, nor am I believing any tard from a music store. After 2006, if the album is not out, then we all know who is going to take the shit for that. Right now, we know nothing.

Don't forget that November 21st was a rumour.

Ok Gang...

The conversation I had was indeed a friend of mine who orders for an large independant chain where I live.

He's been in the music retail business for about 25 years and knows his stuff.

He was merely trying to drive home the point that if the title isn't in the system, it's impossible to order...and if you can't order it, then how is it going to find it's way into retailers?

I was simply passing on the conversation as something to consider.

He may very well be wrong, but I doubt it.

Ok Gang...

The conversation I had was indeed a friend of mine who orders for an large independant chain where I live.

He was merely trying to drive home the point that if the title isn't in the system, it's impossible to order...and if you can't order it, then how is it going to find it's way into retailers?

And thanks for that. :)

But the manner in which you put it: "NO RELEASE FOR CHINESE DEMOCRACY 11/21/06"

At this crucial/delicate point in time where we are all as anxious as you are was truly not necessary.

Could've been put differently if it was you just passing us something to "consider".

But thanks.

Edited by Justagroupie

Ok Gang...

And thanks for that. :)

But the manner in which you put it: "NO RELEASE FOR CHINESE DEMOCRACY 11/21/06"

At this crucial/delicate point in time where we are all as anxious as you are was truly not necessary.

Could've been put differently if it was you just passing us something to "consider".

But thanks.

So noted. I edited the subject line to reflect the content more accurately.

Just to throw this out there. I talked to a guy (who i dont know, just a random worker who was in charge of the music department) about how stuff works in the back, getting shipments and how long they sit in the back til its time to be put out. He told me that every now and then, when its a big release, that they dont even get the shipment til the morning before the store opens of its release date. Playstation 3...which i think comes out on the 17th.....there is a truck coming in at 6:30 am with the PS3's on there. So....yeah.....there is still hope.

bahahahaha...

oh you people crak me up. "my friend" . "its not in the system so its not confirmed"

"its not in the site so its not confirmed"

bahahahha

Not sure how "major" this retailer is, but at the retailer I work for, they sure as hell order their music a lot further in advance than the FRIDAY before the new release. They order their quantities weeks in advance, and it's based on a number of things. you think a company like Best buy can order their CDs 4 days before the street date, confirm quantities for all 400+ stores nationwide and get the shipped in time, plus miraculously have it show up in the sunday circular that was printed 3 weeks earlier???

This isn't credible.

I know it's hard at this point, but some of you still believe some guy or girl's word from a music store more than what has been said by Axl himself.

Until the end of 2006, I'm not getting my hopes up, nor am I believing any tard from a music store. After 2006, if the album is not out, then we all know who is going to take the shit for that. Right now, we know nothing.

I'm sorry but I'd trust a random person over Axl Rose anyday.

I hate to say it, but I agree.

Hey, that's up to you. Personally, with all this retailer garbage floating around, no one's word is really true. Still, people give up because it may not be Nov. 21st, when Axl clearly said this year many times. It doesn't have to be November anyways. We just went along with some stupid rumour from another retailer. What does that remind me of?

Ah yes, another retailer. No one knows anything at this point. Retailers are exactly the same as DJs: "Uhh, yeah, Chinese Democracy will be out the 21st I think." or "Hmm, we have no record of a Guns N' Roses release on our computers." None of these cut it, so choose who you want to believe, but I'll stick with Axl over this line of pinheads anyday. Axl may be unreliable, but he's much more in the know than individual people who everyone claims "knows everything about the music business."

I spoke with a friend who does ordering for a major music retailer. Below is the transcript of our phone call conducted today (11/15/06) at 2:20pm Central Time.

ME: Hi, hear anything on Chinese Democracy?

RET: Nothing. It's not even in the system.

ME: So is it at all possible that CD would be in your store next Tuesday (21st)?

RET: No. It's impossible since I need to have info in the computer to actually order it and there is nothing.

ME: What about the rest of this year?

RET: The last reasonable date would be November 28th...after that, it kind of dries up.

ME: Are you suggesting that it won't be out this year?

RET: Anything's possible, but at this point, with nothing in the system showing any release date, the window is closing fast.

He also indicated that he orders new releases the Friday before the Tuesday release. So, for example, in order to have CD in stores by next Tuesday (21st) he would have to have something in his computer by tomorrow morning at the very latest.

I believe that if CD were coming out this year, the PR machine would have been ramped up a few weeks ago. The most telling thing is that AXL has made no reference to it's release at any of the concerts this fall.

We may be waiting a bit longer than we thought...

Nice try Merck

Listen I use to manage a Sam goody store and let me tell u. From a mangers point a view, Managers don’t know shit!! Trust me on this. The distributors can come in, any day without the Managers knowing this. Overnight with a packet saying display this tomorrow. So stop asking the retailers, we know more than them trust me!

Also Itunes can do the same too. Sammy Hagar New Album was not up on until midnight of the day if was going to come out. Witch is what GNR is going to do too. ;)

If Ax said this Year, than just wait it out. Or listen to the Demo tracks shit. Trust me, I want this album too. But Bitching is not going to get us any ware.

Listen I use to manage a Sam goody store and let me tell u. From a mangers point a view, Managers don’t know shit!! Trust me on this. The distributors can come in, any day without the Managers knowing this. Overnight with a packet saying display this tomorrow. So stop asking the retailers, we know more than them trust me!

Also Itunes can do the same too. Sammy Hagar New Album was not up on until midnight of the day if was going to come out. Witch is what GNR is going to do too. ;)

If Ax said this Year, than just wait it out. Or listen to the Demo tracks shit. Trust me, I want this album too. But Bitching is not going to get us any ware.

I talked to a buddy of mine who used to run Rainbow records and he said he rarely never knew shit about new releases, and they would get their shipments at ANY time beofore the date. They would close the store at midnight, (unless it was a midnight release) and open a cd and play it while they set up the display and stocked it, which they could usually do by the time the cd was over. So all this "No way" bullshit is just that, Bullshit. The Cd may or may not come out. But record store managers have no control on ordering anymore, it is all done by computers. Rarely do managers do anything but tell the other emplayees to vacuum. No offense, even if you are the vacuum guy, but it is all in corporates hands.