Top Posters In This Topic

Oh so many.. :(

- All i want is you . U.2

- Everybody Hurts - R.E.M

- Life Goes On - Poison.

- Dont Speak - No Doubt.

- Stop Crying your heart out - Oasis.

- Alone - Heart.

- I wish it would rain down - Phil Collins.

- Another Day - Dream Theater.

- Glycerine - Bush.

- Jealous Guy - John Lennon.

- November Rain - Guns n' Roses.

I posted this on another forum under the topic 'beautiful songs.' It's basically the same exact topic so it's easier for me to paste than to re-word it.

Guns N' Roses - Don't Cry (This original demo version)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VfvhDKDzue0

Album version is all very nice but it's too overproduced. This song is best when it's just Axl and the band. No Shannon Hoon, no stupid harmony...just raw magic. I'm still gutted we didn't get a proper recorded version of this song as it was originally intended but the demo is pretty good quality and it gets me every single time. :heart:

Porcupine Tree - Lazarus

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dfmOtTMa-8M

I love the piano so, so much in this song. Steve sings in such a beautiful tone that just compliments it perfectly. The whole concept of Deadwing (the album the track is from) is a topic of big debate among PT fans and the meaning of the song is somewhat ambiguous. I like that it can be interpreted in many different ways, though. You can look at what it probably is about (a man seeing a ghost etc) but you could easily apply it to many other things..

Buckethead - Too Many Humans

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=z7eQg0nqH5A

What's this? No insanely fast ridiculous shredtastic song from Buckethead? It's quite a shame that people who have minimal knowledge of him always assume that's all he's about. The guy is a fantastic composer and can get as much emotion out of a guitar as anyone. I don't care what anyone says, he's not just some guy who can shred insanely fast, he's a magical musician who can make a guitar do things that 99.9% of other guitarists wish they could.

Agalloch - In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion

http://rapidshare.com/files/79455508/Agall...panion.mp3.html (Isn't on Youtube so I uploaded it)

It's heavier than the other songs and quite different in style but it's still the definition of beauty for me. 15 minutes of haunting folk metal. I don't know how many times I've posted about this band and this song on here so I can't really say anything new. It's just the peak of what music should be, really. Some may dismiss the beauty of it because of the growly vocals at parts but Agalloch aren't a band for simple minded and ignorant people so that doesn't bother me. Anyone who sticks with it the entire way through will experience something that music very seldom does to you. I must have listened to this song hundreds of times in the last three years and every single time it haunts me. It's bleak, beautiful, epic, exhausting... I just love everything about it with all my heart.

Opeth - Death Whispered a Lullaby

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=P2Z5A3WjsW8

Steve Wilson of Porcupine Tree wrote the lyrics to this song and I only found that out a few months ago shockingly enough. Didn't surprise me in the slightest when I heard that, though, since it has his amazing craftmanship all over it. Is this Opeth's best song? Nope. Not by miles. Hell, it's not even the best on the Damnation album, probably, but it has always struck a chord with me. After hearing all their death metal stuff this was the first song of their progressive work I came into contact with. Just a totally new side to them and I love everything about it. Haunting lyrics, beautiful guitar melody and that solo live? Christ on a stick. It's alright on record but you should hear it live. Mind blowing. I had a few other choices in mind for my 5th but I don't think it would be right putting them over this. It might not be the best song of the bunch but it's the one that touches me the most.

:)

Dont cry-Guns and roses

November Rain

Foolish games -jewel

Rooster- alice in chains

Nutshell- alice in chains

there are so many that touched me on different times ...for different reasons

I forgot about that song.That song made me feel like shit too.

And ill add two more..

today - smashing pumpkins

landslide the smashing pumpkins version...

The fields of athenry can sometimes get me choked up, especially if ive had a drink.

Heres the lyrics,

By a lonely prison wall

I heard a young girl calling

Micheal they have taken you away

For you stole Trevelyn's corn

So the young might see the morn.

Now a prison ship lies waiting in the bay.

Low lie the Fields of Athenry

Where once we watched the small free birds fly.

Our love was on the wing we had dreams and songs to sing

It's so lonely 'round the Fields of Athenry.

By a lonely prison wall

I heard a young man calling

Nothing matters Mary when your free,

Against the Famine and the Crown

I rebelled they cut me down

Now you must raise our child with dignity.

By a lonely harbor wall

She watched the last star falling

As that prison ship sailed out against the sky

Sure she'll wait and hope and pray

For her love in Botany Bay

After the Virginia Tech shootings, I listened to Collective Soul's

"Shine On" and cried.

In the light of Christmas, I heard a song called "Christmas Shoes"

by a group called New Song, it reminded me of my mother who

died of cancer in 1993, 6 days before Christmas.

Other notables:

"Yesterday" - The Beatles

"When I See You Smile" - Bad English (John Waite vocals)

"Hell is for Children" - Pat Benatar

MY ALL TIME FAVORITE:::::

"When the Children Cry" - White Lion.

Frosty The Snowman... I was six or seven and when I woke up my Dad had this song playing, and says "Hey, Tom here's your favorite song.." I don't know what it was but I started bitching and screaming, and I always cried when I got worked up. Man I was such an asshole as a kid. But other than that no song has ever made me cry, wait...actually "Don't Want to Miss a Thing" during Armagedon made me cry. Another moment I'm not proud of, but I guess it just hit a soft spot.

okey dokey, I think I shared to much.. :tongue2:

Courtney Love-Un-Cool

I wasn't expecting it I mean the entire album was this smash mouth stuff and I was listening to it to get over some personal stuff and that song spoke to me like when I first heard SCOM.

Edited by Axl98