Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mulholland Drive

good choice!

i'll second that with vanilla sky. i think that movie changed my life.

maybe memento too.

Still need to watch both those movies, even though I know how Memento ends.

watch vanilla sky now!!! really underrated film, never thought it would be as good as it was. tom cruise delivers, easily one of my favorite films by him.

Ok so you've made me curious and I really liked the cast so I've watched it. What the... ? :lol:

Is there like a correct way to interpret this movie or the whole point is to leave everyone draw their own conclusion?

Guest Sweet Tooth

The Wackness

It's decent at best.

Black Sabbath, your game is slippin'... you're getting more annoying and predictable, do something.

Alright, guys, I'm trying to figure out the title of an old zombie movie...

It has a teenage couple in it and one of the teens father works for the government or something. Also, at one point in the movie, the girl goes nuts (starting to turn "dead" iirc) and puts glass all through her skin and stuff. Shortly after, she rips some guys head and spinal cord out of his body.

That's all I can remember from it, really. I haven't seen it in years.

DOES ANYONE KNOW?!

Guest Sweet Tooth

The Wackness

It's decent at best.

Black Sabbath, your game is slippin'... you're getting more annoying and predictable, do something.

I'm sorry, what?

... read it again?

The Pianist

Very dark movie but might inspire you..........

Book of Eli....looks like a road Warrior movie but the theme is pretty cool

If your into SciFi I love Chronicles of Riddick

If you want deep then try

Clockwork Orange

Brazil

Eraserhead

Blue Velvet

No offense, but the theme to Book Of Eli is not cool. It was an alright movie.

BIBLE. COOL. ok

Mulholland Drive

good choice!

maybe memento too.

watch vanilla sky now!!! really underrated film, never thought it would be as good as it was. tom cruise delivers, easily one of my favorite films by him.

Ok so you've made me curious and I really liked the cast so I've watched it. What the... ? :lol:

Is there like a correct way to interpret this movie or the whole point is to leave everyone draw their own conclusion?

you didn't understand it?

the moment David woke up to Sofia on the sidewalk, it was all a dream. he was depressed with his disfigured face so he decided to go under Life Extension (hence the Benny the Dog mention the entire film). He popped tons of pills prior to going under and went into comatose. The dream turned into a nightmare as result, and he forgot everything that was happening was a dream. Once he found out, Tech Support fixed the "glitch" and he was able to realize what was happening. At the end, he jumped off the building and chose to go back into a normal life rather than stay in the dream.
Edited by Forsaken

Mulholland Drive

good choice!

maybe memento too.

the moment David woke up to Sofia on the sidewalk, it was all a dream. he was depressed with his disfigured face so he decided to go under Life Extension (hence the Benny the Dog mention the entire film). He popped tons of pills prior to going under and went into comatose. The dream turned into a nightmare as result, and he forgot everything that was happening was a dream. Once he found out, Tech Support fixed the "glitch" and he was able to realize what was happening. At the end, he jumped off the building and chose to go back into a normal life rather than stay in the dream.

Well this is what I though too but....

.. when he woke up Sofia was next to him, you can clearly hear her voice "open your eyes. It doesn't make any sense; she should have been dead by now. He slept for 150 years, at least that's what the tech support told him."

Mulholland Drive

good choice!

maybe memento too.

Well this is what I though too but....

.. when he woke up Sofia was next to him, you can clearly hear her voice "open your eyes. It doesn't make any sense; she should have been dead by now. He slept for 150 years, at least that's what the tech support told him."

yes, she was definitely dead after the 150 years but she wasn't dead when he first went under. If you remember David has a viewing when he went under (which is shown at the end), and Sofia showed, gave David's "best friend" a wave a left. Life Extension was based off of David's thoughts and what he considered to be happiness. He thought Sofia would be the ultimate companion and continued to chose her in his dream. at the same time, he could have chosen any one else, but he longed to always be with her, but in reality he never saw her again after the night at the club. OH and if you are referring to the end voice saying "open your eyes" it isn't Sofia, it was a nurse at L.E.
Edited by Forsaken