My chemical Romance

ssiscool

Yeah the same big talent as Fall Out Boy and Good Charlotte :rofl-lol:

Yes, because MCR are exactly like FOB and Good Charlotte. :rolleyes:

They are all under the Alternative Rock genre.

owned.

Who gives a shit? They don't sound anything like each other. :rolleyes:

Owned.

These 3 bands are popular because the mainstream Rock music is Alternative Rock. Yes, they sound similar.

Poison, Mötley Crüe and Van Halen didn't have the same sound but they are still Hard Rock bands.

You think Motley Crue and Van Halen sounds the same? :rofl-lol:

Edited by Chris Axl

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the same big talent as Fall Out Boy and Good Charlotte :rofl-lol:

Yes, because MCR are exactly like FOB and Good Charlotte. :rolleyes:

They are all under the Alternative Rock genre.

owned.

Who gives a shit? They don't sound anything like each other. :rolleyes:

Owned.

These 3 bands are popular because the mainstream Rock music is Alternative Rock. Yes, they sound similar.

No, they definately don't.

Ok so you can tell me why they are popular, right? Tell me about their elements on music and image.

You think Mötley Crüe and Van Halen sounds the same? :rofl-lol:

Learn before posting. Because they are Hard Rock bands, it doesn't mean they have exactly the same sound. Poison, Led Zeppelin, Def Leppard, Van Halen, Buckcherry, Alice Cooper, etc, are all Hard Rock bands.

Edited by JKKDARK

Learn before posting. Because they are Hard Rock bands, it doesn't mean they have exactly the same sound. Poison, Led Zeppelin, Def Leppard, Van Halen, Buckcherry, Alice Cooper, etc, are all Hard Rock bands.

What is your point exactly? You go on and on about this type of shit every chance you get, but you don't convey any point short of the fact that you have the IQ of the average doorstop.

Uh.... whut? You're not making any sense. First, you say some bands all sound the same because they're the part of one genre, but then you go on to say other bands sound different despite being part of the same genre.

Edited by Moop

Uh.... whut? You're not making any sense. First, you say some bands all sound the same because they're the part of one genre, but then you go on to say other bands sound different despite being part of the same genre.

Learn to read, when did I say that? lol.

Sounding similar is NOT sounding the same.

Learn to read, when did I say that? lol.

Sounding similar is NOT sounding the same.

Ah, if that's the case... then I agree with kevdo. What's your fucking point?

No, just no ok, Poison are NOT hard rock. :lol:

Edited by UseYourAppetite

My Chemical Romance Plan 'Punk' Album

My Chemical Romance are set to start work on a “punk rock” new album this year.

Speaking to NME.COM, singer Gerard Way explained why he wanted to pare the band’s sound down for their next record, the follow-up to 2006's 'The Black Parade'.

Speaking about a new song the band began playing live in November, Way said: “We haven’t told anybody the title yet because I noticed that if you change the title later, kids get pissed off. So it’s just called ‘New Song’ right now. It’s one of those songs that just spills out of you, and you’re very inspired. It’s nice because it’s a return to punk rock music. It feels like a rock song.

Way explained that, having done away with their theatrical stage show on their most recent dates, album number four would most likely follow suit. “I think (the next album) will definitely be stripped down. I think the band misses being a rock band,” he declared.

“That doesn’t mean we won't explore really crazy ideas on the next albums, or do something even crazier. It doesn’t necessarily mean we’ll start to take steps backwards creatively.

“But it felt in a live sense, this is what we do great live. And we’re better musicians for having written and played 'The Black Parade', so you're dealing with (the fact that) everybody's better as musicians and singers. So to have that to play with in a live sense is really thrilling. We can cut loose more.

The new song, with a chorus line that goes “Someone out there loves you”, is markedly more optimistic than most of the band’s output thus far.

“It’s letting somebody know something and its knowing that yourself and it’s a great thing to know,” said Way. “And it’s a completely different direction thematically than what we’re used to.

“We have stuff with a lot of hope in it but not like that. It’s written from a different kind of place. It’s not written from a place of scepticism at all."

LINK

I didn't even have to see your user name to tell this was you posting this.

Anyhoo, MCR are a great band, despite what some people may say. Ray Toro is a great guitarist.

Ray is an awesome guitarist. People usually assume he sucks, but those are the same people that never really listened to them.

Fucking idiot.

Black Parade is a very solid album; a lot of good songs. Some meh ones, but yeah. Three Cheers is an absolutely amazing album. You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison is one of my favorite songs. I Brought You My Bullets is awesome as well; Gerard's voice seems so passionate on that album. And Early Sunsets Over Monroeville hits pretty close to home for me.

Great band.

Three Cheers is my favorite album by them, by far. Gerard did seem a lot more "raw" on their first album, but I didn't like that to be honest. It was cool, but too sloppy for me. And It's Not a Fashion Statement, It's a Death Wish > You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison

Ok so you can tell me why they are popular, right? Tell me about their elements on music and image.

Because people like the music they make :rolleyes:

Have you ever really listened to them? Or do you just turn it on and think "OMG EMO, I might be a fag if I listen to this so I better turn it off." From reading your posts I really get the feeling you don't want to give new music a chance at all. That's fine, but realize most people left 1985 behind...

I've seen MCR live twice I believe, they were sweet each time.

Edited by kevin

Talent? Where? Did i miss it?

Fucking idiot.

Black Parade is a very solid album; a lot of good songs. Some meh ones, but yeah. Three Cheers is an absolutely amazing album. You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison is one of my favorite songs. I Brought You My Bullets is awesome as well; Gerard's voice seems so passionate on that album. And Early Sunsets Over Monroeville hits pretty close to home for me.

Great band.

I've heard the black parade and it's not solid-it sucks apart from 3 songs.They are just another shitty emo band-i really can't wait till this genre dies out.And Gerards voice is not passionate-it's whiny. :rolleyes:

I've heard the black parade and it's not solid-it sucks apart from 3 songs.They are just another shitty emo band-i really can't wait till this genre dies out.And Gerards voice is not passionate-it's whiny. :rolleyes:

Emo? Emo? Emo?

What the fuck is wrong with you people? If you want to throw the emo label on every fucking band I'm throwing it on Guns N' Roses. GN'R is way more emo than MCR. Axl is a whiny bitch.

Ironic how you can Axl a whiny bitch yet you're getting all defensive over people calling MCR emo.

I think he was trying to prove a point.

Really? Here I thought he was just being a douche. :lol:

I suppose everything said against the grand master William Bruce Rose, Jr is heresy and thus, being a douche.

I was being sarcastic on both accounts with both my posts.

I'll try next time to be more obvious about it. ;)

Always assume the rabid fans of a band like GN'R are always serious. You can never be sure.

For someone on a GN'R forum, it sure sounds like you don't like them much.

I was being sarcastic on both accounts with both my posts.

I'll try next time to be more obvious about it. ;)

Always assume the rabid fans of a band like GN'R are always serious. You can never be sure.

For someone on a GN'R forum, it sure sounds like you don't like them much.

I'm here for the lulz and Jack The Ripper. <333