Thriller

wasted

So, I finally got Thriller.

It's not that good. There's only 10 tracks. 5 of them are good - Wanna Be Startin, Girl is Mine, Thriller, Beat It, Billie Jean.

It's not even as good as For Those About To Rock.

How can this be the biggest selling album of all time.

CD is gonna own this shit.

80 million sales is my prediction for Cd, always has been. Would that top Thriller?

It's not that good. There's only 10 tracks. 5 of them are good - Wanna Be Startin, Girl is Mine, Thriller, Beat It, Billie Jean.

80 million sales is my prediction for Cd, always has been. Would that top Thriller?

:lol: No. Thriller has sold over 100 million copies. Even AFD didn't come anywhere close to that.

Definitely not his BEST album, but it's still one of my favorites.

Edited by luvaxl4ever

:rofl-lol:

OK. Well, let's say 80 million in the first 3 years, then sell another 20 in the next 10 years. Boom!

I will also start to spread the word that Thriller isn't woth it. Check out the MJ's Greatest Hits it's better than Thriller.

:rofl-lol:

OK. Well, let's say 80 million in the first 3 years, then sell another 20 in the next 10 years. Boom!

I will also start to spread the word that Thriller isn't woth it. Check out the MJ's Greatest Hits it's better than Thriller.

LOL, all of GNR's albums together haven't outsold Thriller. (they've sold about 90 million)

I think Thriller was so huge because of the videos the albums spawned, and from what I understand the re-released version comes with the videos. THAT would be worth it.

keep things in perspective.

Thriller doesnt compare to anything GNR has ever released in terms of value to me, even Spaghetti Incident.

Thriller is in the 'choreographed pop music' category. And probably top of the heap there.

Never was my favorite style of music, but it was awesome. Michael was HUGE at the time and Quincy Jones is a great producer. Not to mention Edward Van Halen's work on "Beat it", which he never got paid for. Apparently he just did it as a favor, 2 takes. However, I gotta think Ed got paid something later on, he better have, he made that song. Big crossover hit. Rock stations played it, only because Ed was on it. Otherwise they would never have played Michael Jackson.

Also, this is when Jackson should have stopped with the plastic surgery.

What makes the album so good is the other 5 songs you failed to omit, are alot of other peoples faves.

This really is a great album.....I think it would hard for anyone to make a case against it.

I think it is probaly as close to perfection, as any artist has achieved, in the last 30 years.

Also it contains, what I think is the best song of alltime: Billie Jean.

Great comparison.

That's what I thought. :blink:

And someone said M.J.'s plastic surgery should've stopped there - YES. At least he still had part of his original face.

I was about 13/14 yrs. old when Thriller came out. Loved it and listened to it a lot for a while. It was great in it's day.

Edited by AxlsAngel

They won't have enough plastic for Chinese D yo

Chinese Democracy will sell so much that they have to clear out the whole G Section to make room.

Great comparison.

I know, two different genres, two different audiences, how can you comapre them?

Just on pure sonic enjoyment.

I mean Britney's Blackout is better than Thriller. To be honest it's not hard...

Bad is better than Thriller.

Bad is better than Back in Black.

Good morning!!!

The days of any one band or singer selling that many records are gone, thanks to the internet

GUnsguy

This is just an excuse for bands who never sold any records anyway.

Chinese Democracy will sell so much they have to print more money at the bank for people to use.

Thriller was the album that broke musical barriers, Michael was the first black artist to be showed on MTV. And the first artist to do a music video which had a story line like Thriller for example. This was huge back then.

Also the billie Jean performance was a major success where Michael showed off the moonwalk for the first time. After that it was Michael mania.

Overall the album has sold 104 million copies, that is over a 25 year period.

Edited by Axl-rocks

Also, he had follow hits with Bad, Dangerous which made more people buy Thriller. I only just bought Thriller but I've known the songs like my whole life. I got the 25 year special edition with DVD and this booklet in it.

Bad to me is a better record. He was still doing epic videos for Smooth Criminal.

Black and White had a hype video too. So did Heal the World.

Invincible seemed like his only flop.

Now he's broke and has to sell Neverland or whatever.

Thriller had tons of motives to sell that much..

- epic videos (realeased during the mtv era)

- catchy hits

- radios played beat it,thriller and billie jean almost all the time

- MJ was a really talented singer and performer

- People used to buy vinyls and tapes a lot in the 80's

- If Vanilla Ice sold 10 million copies from 1 album..MJ can't be a surprise.

- There's no mp3 at this time

Billie Jean was on rock and pop radio. I think Beat it was meant for rock radio but they played Billie anyway. Thriller is pretty cool song. But for 100 million people to buy an album with basically two songs on it is...spectacular. Mikey had to become virtually the anti-christ before people really stopped buy his records.

There are songs on MTV now that won't sell as much as Vanilla Ice. He was quite innovative really though. Ahead of his time.

:rolleyes: no artist will ever sell that much cds today.. if people outside this forums still care for GNR they will be luckey if they beat the GH sales.. around 2,5-3 mill copys..

:rolleyes: no artist will ever sell that much cds today.. if people outside this forums still care for GNR they will be luckey if they beat the GH sales.. around 2,5-3 mill copys..

We should all buy a few copies each.

Really? No love for the amazing Baby Be Mine, Human Nature, and P.Y.T.? Those songs are highly spoken of even by non-hardcore MJ fans.

The only dud on the record is The Lady in My Life, IMO - Because it's a weak song that lets the record go out with a whimper, when it should've gone out with something more upbeat.