Music biographies

carsonskitz

sorry if this is in the wrong section...i wanted some opinions on books on musicians...ive read the heroin diaries, tommy land, slash, gnr the band that time forgot, jon bon jovi the biography, and one of joy division singer ian curtis written by his wife....

any suggestions?

Please Kill Me - The Oral Uncensored History of Punk by Legs McNeil and Gillian McCain

England's Dreaming - Sex Pistols And Punk Rock by Jon Savage

Neither is a biography about a specific person but it's two awesome books about punk rock :D

Edited by izzystradlin'

If you want a really good heroin autobiography,Long Time Gone by David Crosby is a damn fine read.

You might not think it,but that guy fucking partied harder than most of them out there...he sank lower than most of them as well.

fucking excellent book!

but very non-specific dont ya think? a lot of people i know that are into like...AN aspect of punk sort of skip a lot but agreed it is a great fucking book. personally i like books full of tales of rock n roll craziness for which i would HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY reccomend Dear Boy: The Life & Times of Keith Moon. excellent read and jam packed full of weird and wonderful stories of drug related, alcohol related, mental irregularity related stories. every so often a personality comes along where they're so crazy and so out there that whoever meets them comes away with at least one "Moon story". i've not read about a single person whoose been in the proximity of this man that didnt have a story to tell, everything from jumping off 20 Storey buildings into kidney shaped swimming pools to riding hovercrafts around stately homes and breaking down (of all places) on a railways track. its full of this shit, hilairious :rofl-lol:

Please Kill Me - The Oral Uncensored History of Punk by Legs McNeil and Gillian McCain

Neither is a biography about a specific person but it's two awesome books about punk rock :D

Please Kill Me is great!

The Dirt by Motley Crue is probably my favorite music book though.

Please Kill Me is great!

The Dirt by Motley Crue is probably my favorite music book though.

yeh i was gonna get that the other day when i popped into town, maybe another time