NEW SLIPKNOT SINGLE HAS LEAKED!

Gordon Comstock

Urgh listened to about a minute of it and it's really shit. I think I'll listen (/watch the video cause it's fucking awesome) to Before I Forget so I can remember that Slipknot are capable of writing some good songs.

Edited by FunkyMonk

I object.

Don't ask why, that's just how I roll.

I went through my 15 minutes of Slipknot back in the day....

Then I heard Motley Crue's cover of "Smokin' In The Boys Room" come over the radio, and I snapped back to my senses.

I don't know whether to applaud that, or pray for your nuts after I kick you in the junk.

I object.

Don't ask why, that's just how I roll.

I went through my 15 minutes of Slipknot back in the day....

Then I heard Motley Crue's cover of "Smokin' In The Boys Room" come over the radio, and I snapped back to my senses.

I don't know whether to applaud that, or pray for your nuts after I kick you in the junk.

Vince killed his best friend. It doesn't get anymore dark & metal than that.

OH YEAH!

this is not Slipknot,this sounds more like Stone Sour(a band far worse than Slipknot)

it will fall to the mediocrity of Vol 3,I hate it when Corey decided he could sing,self-titled and Iowa were so much better because he stuck to the shouting/screaming/rapping part

this is not Slipknot,this sounds more like Stone Sour(a band far worse than Slipknot)

it will fall to the mediocrity of Vol 3,I hate it when Corey decided he could sing,self-titled and Iowa were so much better because he stuck to the shouting/screaming/rapping part

Says the man with a Limp Bizkit sig. Biggest cashgrab band ever. Fuckin' posers.

have you even fuckin listened to the song!?!

its heavy as fuck, and a LOT more heavy than vol 3.

hes screaming for most of, if the the entire, song.

Maybe Slipknot would be decent if they made more songs as awesome

They should lose the fucking masks though, they look ridiculous.

for fuck sakes... i hate how everyone hears before i forget and automatically assumes its the best slipknot song ever. its not even one of the best songs on an ok album. The Blister Exists, Three Nil, Duality, Circle, Opium Of The People, Vermillion, The Nameless, and if Dont Come Close + Scream were included in the normal album and not just the bonus edition, they too, along with all the aforementioned tracks, are better than Before I Forget. and that was their worst album.

Seriously, its really fucking annoying. Duality went mainstream too, and its a better song.....

Edited by RickRoses

Hm, no. Before I Forget is great, it's simple and it rocks hard. For once they made a song that isn't an indecipherable shitstorm of what they try to make sound metal.

Also "maggots" are quite possibly the most pathetic people on the planet.

Hm, no. Before I Forget is great, it's simple and it rocks hard. For once they made a song that isn't an indecipherable shitstorm of what they try to make sound metal.

how are maggots pathetic?

im a big slipknot fan, but i wouldnt consider myself a hardcore maggot or anything.

i havent even seen em live though, however i am trying to this summer..

anyway, how are they pathetic?

im a big slipknot fan, but i wouldnt consider myself a hardcore maggot or anything.

There's something seriously not cool about willingly calling yourself a "maggot". I dunno, it just screams of trying to fit in and avoiding being an individual to the point of blindly following a freak show of 9 guys in masks. I have no problem with people who think Slipknot are a good band and like their music, but then when you see self-proclaimed "maggots", it's just sad IMO.

Nothing to do with the band though :tongue2:, the whole "maggot" thing is quite clever on their part, they've got a semi-cult relationship with their fanbase.

There's something seriously not cool about willingly calling yourself a "maggot". I dunno, it just screams of trying to fit in and avoiding being an individual to the point of blindly following a freak show of 9 guys in masks. I have no problem with people who think Slipknot are a good band and like their music, but then when you see self-proclaimed "maggots", it's just sad IMO.

Nothing to do with the band though :tongue2:, the whole "maggot" thing is quite clever on their part, they've got a semi-cult relationship with their fanbase.

I dont see a problem with calling yourself a maggot. its like, Aerosmith have AeroForceOne, gnr have Gunners, star trek has Trekkys.... ok yea i get your point for that last example... but its just like a fan club sorta thing. if they choose to call themselves a Maggot then thats their choice, whatever, y'know?

and as for the masks, i think it was Corey who once said that they wear the masks as a form of expressing the music through something that they themselves could not convey. i know i have the wording wrong on that - ill try to find the statement, but really who cares? the music is good, they are extremely talented musicians, all 9 of them, who cares what they look like? thats like saying "I hate Guns N' Roses becoz Axl Rose has dreads" or "Coz Slash had that tophat"