Yoko Ono Fights Mark Chapman's Release

Becket

Yoko Ono Fights Mark Chapman's Release

BE interactive

Yoko Ono believes it would be safer if her husband's murderer stays in jail.

John Lennon's widow, Yoko Ono, advised prison officials not to free the murderer, Mark Chapman, and insisted that he would be killed if he were to be released, reports Starpulse.com.

Ono believes that Chapman could be pursued and killed by Lennon's loyal fans if he were to leave prison.

She pleaded with parole officers to not give Chapman freedom when his court hearing takes place later this week. The late musician's wife stated, "It's dangerous for him to come out. Not only for us, but for himself. There are so many people out there who dislike him. It's safer for him to stay in jail."

Chapman shot John Lennon outside his New York home in December 1980.

http://music.sympatico.msn.ca/Yoko+Ono+Fig...&date=False

Ono believes that Chapman could be pursued and killed by Lennon's loyal fans if he were to leave prison.

So much for giving peace a chance..

I wouldn't be surprised. Ever see the people who hang out at Strawberry Fields in Central Park. Some of them look like they have nothing to lose.

I read that he's actually allowed conjugal visits from his wife. That is just unfuckingbelievable. :no:

Alright, to play devil's advocate, if his victim hadn't been John Lennon do people think he'd have more chance of getting released?

I think he has a better chance of being released because he shot a famous icon. If he shot Joe Blow 5 times in the back he probably wouldn't have been sent to the nuthouse, probably would have got life in prison.

Chapman is in a nuthouse right or is he in a regular jail?

Alright, to play devil's advocate, if his victim hadn't been John Lennon do people think he'd have more chance of getting released?

My thoughts exactly. He'd be out by now. Someone can shoot Joe Public and get 'life' (A measely 10 years, maybe less!), and be out. But because of who Lennon was (No disrespect at all, I respect him and I think we'd be nowhere without some of The Beatles' music), Chapman has been away for much longer.

So much for giving peace a chance..

I wouldn't be surprised. Ever see the people who hang out at Strawberry Fields in Central Park. Some of them look like they have nothing to lose.

Yeah I've been there....and some of them were pretty freaky!

There's this plaque on the ground that reads "IMAGINE"....this scruffy looking hippie guy walked up with a pretty spaced out hippie chick,and he knelt down and looked at the plaque.

He said to the hippie chick...(as he blocked out different parts of the word IMAGINE)..."I'M" "A" "GINE"

...the last part he pronounced as genie...."I'm A Genie".

Hippie chick was blown away!