Alice Cooper '08 tour pics and reviews

Becket

Yeah I was pretty dubious about your seats being equal to 7th row floor distance-wise.

But judging from the pics it wasn't too bad.

More cool pics!

Can't wait to hear the 2 new songs live,especially Vengeance!

Nice reports guys...thanks!

Yea, it was probably more like 10th or 11th row equivilant...I was 14th row floor my first time seeing Alice and I was closer last night from comparsion of pics of the 2 concerts. Awesome seats, but not the greatest because of the stage lights (you can see the ones I mean in the lower left corner of some of my pics). And honestly, Vengeance was probably one of the top 5 songs of the night. It works incredibly well live, and it's so much heavier!

When's your gig?

Really cool to read these reviews! It's a shame I won't be able to see him until the Along Came A Spider tour next summer. :(

But hopefully by then, he'll have different songs from the album to play live. ^_^

Yea, I'd like to see some new songs, most notably Killed By Love, I Am The Spider and The One That Got Away. I also wish he would've played a few older gems like he did earlier this year and last year (Long Way To Go, Muscle Of Love, Public Animal #9, etc.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really cool to read these reviews! It's a shame I won't be able to see him until the Along Came A Spider tour next summer. :(

But hopefully by then, he'll have different songs from the album to play live. ^_^

Yea, I'd like to see some new songs, most notably Killed By Love, I Am The Spider and The One That Got Away. I also wish he would've played a few older gems like he did earlier this year and last year (Long Way To Go, Muscle Of Love, Public Animal #9, etc.

I'd love to hear Salvation live. :wub:

doubt he'd ever play it though unfortunately. Too orchestral.

doubt he'd ever play it though unfortunately. Too orchestral.

That's what I was thinking. Killed By Love would be a good substitute though.

I changed the thread title.

Those pics are great powerage. Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Did you get any souvenirs?

I was happy to see him do Halo Of Flies (My favorite Cooper song) and a few other oldies, like It's Hot Tonight.

I was also glad to see him do the hanging. Never got to see that live before. I got to see the guillotine the first time live on the last tour, the first time I seen him he didn't do the execution. (I believe you were at that show zint? Toronto 91 with Judas Priest.) He did have some cool theatrics at that one though.

Can't wait to hear your review on the show zint. I want to see some cool pics too. :D

Here's another shot from the Thunder Bay show. I love this one, it's so ghostly and surreal. (Credit again to my brother photography skills)

img1371tu0.jpg

I'm printing out this one, a hanging one, a Chuck Gerric one, Eric singer, and one other one of the Coop in 8X10s and framing them.

Going to put the guitar pic with the Garric one and display the drum head and sticks with the Singer one. And my ticket probably with the hanging.

I changed the thread title.

Those pics are great powerage. Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Did you get any souvenirs?

I was happy to see him do Halo Of Flies (My favorite Cooper song) and a few other oldies, like It's Hot Tonight.

I was also glad to see him do the hanging. Never got to see that live before. I got to see the guillotine the first time live on the last tour, the first time I seen him he didn't do the execution. (I believe you were at that show zint? Toronto 91 with Judas Priest.) He did have some cool theatrics at that one though.

Can't wait to hear your review on the show zint. I want to see some cool pics too. :D

Here's another shot from the Thunder Bay show. I love this one, it's so ghostly and surreal. (Credit again to my brother photography skills)

img1371tu0.jpg

I'm printing out this one, a hanging one, a Chuck Gerric one, Eric singer, and one other one of the Coop in 8X10s and framing them.

Going to put the guitar pic with the Garric one and display the drum head and sticks with the Singer one. And my ticket probably with the hanging.

Too many souveniers. I got the Canadian shirt, 2 other tour shirts, the baseball shirt (Very overpriced, but I still love baseball shirts), bandana, Eric Singer drumhead and a couple of the Elected stickers. $211 altogether. I think the shirts we considerably overpriced, $40 a shirt is the most I've payed for a shirt all year. At the Verona show I may get the drumsticks and the signed ACAS album.

Also, at the Verona show I should be able to get awesome pics; I've been there before and the tickets I'm looking at are about 10 feet from the stage.

Ya, I found the shirts a bit overpriced too. And that hoodie $60!! I would have liked to get that but got the drum head and sticks instead. Money was a bit tight this time around.

60 Dollar is okay. At the Iron Maiden concert I just went to about 2 months ago, the t-shirts were more than 50 Dollars. There was one t-shirt that was about 100 Dollars. That's just crazy.

Here are some of the pics from when I saw him:

dsc00742ei8.th.jpg

dsc00736id2.th.jpg

dsc00734qv3.th.jpg

dsc00730yz8.th.jpg

dsc00728es3.th.jpg

dsc00723eu2.th.jpg

dsc00751pd3.th.jpg

dsc00748mu4.th.jpg

Ya, I found the shirts a bit overpriced too. And that hoodie $60!! I would have liked to get that but got the drum head and sticks instead. Money was a bit tight this time around.

60 Dollar is okay. At the Iron Maiden concert I just went to about 2 months ago, the t-shirts were more than 50 Dollars. There was one t-shirt that was about 100 Dollars. That's just crazy.

Here are some of the pics from when I saw him:

dsc00742ei8.th.jpg

dsc00736id2.th.jpg

dsc00734qv3.th.jpg

dsc00730yz8.th.jpg

dsc00728es3.th.jpg

dsc00723eu2.th.jpg

dsc00751pd3.th.jpg

dsc00748mu4.th.jpg

:blink: Maiden shirts were $25 at both shows I saw this year.

give me ten Alice songs besides Billon $ Babies, schools out, no more mr nice guy, poison, feed my frankenstien, im 18, dirty diamonds, elected, vengence is mine to listen to.

so im pumped 4 da show

Im so excited October 25th baby

What kind of seats you got?

And don't forget your camera!! ;)

give me ten Alice songs besides Billon $ Babies, schools out, no more mr nice guy, poison, feed my frankenstien, im 18, dirty diamonds, elected, vengence is mine to listen to.

so im pumped 4 da show

probably about 20 feet or so and to the right side of the stage. Not the best, bought them Monday, tickets went on sale a few months ago but the seats are good for $46.

so im pumped 4 da show

probably about 20 feet or so and to the right side of the stage. Not the best, bought them Monday, tickets went on sale a few months ago but the seats are good for $46.

That is a pretty decent price. Here the tickets were $65 for any seat in the auditorium. Still that's not to bad.

so im pumped 4 da show

That is a pretty decent price. Here the tickets were $65 for any seat in the auditorium. Still that's not to bad.

Aye, mine for Hamilton were $59. I'm paying $150 each for Verona though!

For Canadian fans (and anyone who can pick up the show).

Alice Cooper is on George Strombolopolis's show on CBC (8 pm) (and Newsworld) (11 pm) tonight.

If you miss it...it will most likely stream on the show's website.

right....off to the show!

...and there's a full moon! B)

That's cool. When I saw Cooper in 91 my brother and I had to take a subway to my other brothers house and then walk a bit from the subway to the house, we took a cut through a graveyard at 1 am. Kind of fitting after seeing Alice. :)

How was the show?

"If I'm elected..." part of Elected, he forgot he was in Hamilton, he got to "We've got problems her in..." and held up a sort of one moment finger to the crowd and ran back to look at his setlist sheet, I just found it really amusing and I'm sure no one else did.

He did that last night too...I think it's part of the shtick.

even Alice broke out of his persona a bit during the encore and had more fun than usual, maybe it had something to do with being Keri Kelli's birthday.

weird!

Same thing last night...and Alice said it was Kerri Kelli's birthday last night too!

(more shtick??)

"If I'm elected..." part of Elected, he forgot he was in Hamilton, he got to "We've got problems her in..." and held up a sort of one moment finger to the crowd and ran back to look at his setlist sheet, I just found it really amusing and I'm sure no one else did.

He did that last night too...I think it's part of the shtick.

even Alice broke out of his persona a bit during the encore and had more fun than usual, maybe it had something to do with being Keri Kelli's birthday.

weird!

Same thing last night...and Alice said it was Kerri Kelli's birthday last night too!

(more shtick??)

Let the conspiracies begin...

Also, to add to the Keri Kelli thing, wikipedia says his birthday is Sept. 9th...

...Guess I'll have to wait and see what he says on the 28th.

The show was good.Miles better than the last time I saw him around '04.

The opening band,Econoline Crush.

Hard working band...they do absolutely nothing for me.I was bored out of my stick.

Actually we spent our time during their set trying to figure out of the She-Wolf in front of us was a man or a woman...seriously!.

(we didn't arrive at a conclusion) :tongue2:

In between bands was rather interesting...they played the Along Came A Spider cd.

Don't think I've ever heard a band play their own music before they go on stage before....

It was actually one of the highlights of the evening for me...it sounded GREAT cranked like that...I was really digging it.

I was disappointed in the shortened version of It's Hot Tonight,I was really looking forward to that.

I've seen Alice so many times,I relish the moments where they play something off the beaten track.

I wasn't too thrilled with the medley versions of songs...like it was a Vegas review or something.

It was a fun night out...but it just isn't the same vibe anymore.

I can't quite put my finger on it...but there's something...um...safe about it now.

It kind of reminds me of how Kiss is talking about replacing all the members and letting the "experience" continue.

The Alice Cooper show '08 kind of reminds of that...only they haven't replaced Alice yet.

It's Alice Lite...same great taste but not the same buzz,but you get to experience what all the fuss was about 35 years ago.

He's a 60 year old guy touring on his glory days when he was a menacing threat to parent's morality and society at large.It reminds me of a really good Alice tribute band we used to go see all the time called Billion Dollar Babies,but with the real Alice fronting the band.

It kinda strikes me as a "remember when?" review.

I thought the band was ok,not the best band I've seen Alice assemble...to be sure.

Eric Singer was solid as usual and he can still really belt out that drum solo he used to do in the Kiss days.(he really should still be in Kiss with Kulick...but hey).

To be honest,it was virtually the same show I saw a few years back,with new musicians,a new song dabbled here and there.

He's cake walking these tours until he retires.

But I am glad he's doing it...the guy looks great up there at 60,gotta give him props for that.

The voice is pooched though...some heavy filter stuff going on at times.At other times,if you listened closely,he sounded just like he did on Ferguson...but when you crank everything up to 10 you don't really notice as much.

All in all I had fun...a good little rock show done on a budget.

Enjoy it while you can...I have a feeling you're going to hear the "Farewell Tour" announcement some time in the next 5 years.

...and I'll be there

Alice Cooper has meant a lot to me on many levels for 37 years now.He's my all time rock hero and I have amazing memories of the man,the band and the music that I'll take with me to the grave.

But the train is starting to pull into the station,it's clear to see (for those being honest about it).

However,he still thrills the devoted who fill these 3,000 seat venues!...no question about it!

I wasn't going to buy a shirt...but that Halloween 2008 one was too damn cool!

Gotta tell it straight up as it went down for me.

But I did say to myself at one point,if I'd never seen Alice before...would this be blowing me away?And the answer was ..hell yeah!

solid effort all around: B+

so im pumped 4 da show

I saw him last year for $25, front row center.

The show was good.Miles better than the last time I saw him around '04.

The opening band,Econoline Crush.

Hard working band...they do absolutely nothing for me.I was bored out of my stick.

Actually we spent our time during their set trying to figure out of the She-Wolf in front of us was a man or a woman...seriously!.

(we didn't arrive at a conclusion) :tongue2:

In between bands was rather interesting...they played the Along Came A Spider cd.

Don't think I've ever heard a band play their own music before they go on stage before....

It was actually one of the highlights of the evening for me...it sounded GREAT cranked like that...I was really digging it.

I was disappointed in the shortened version of It's Hot Tonight,I was really looking forward to that.

I've seen Alice so many times,I relish the moments where they play something off the beaten track.

I wasn't too thrilled with the medley versions of songs...like it was a Vegas review or something.

It was a fun night out...but it just isn't the same vibe anymore.

I can't quite put my finger on it...but there's something...um...safe about it now.

It kind of reminds me of how Kiss is talking about replacing all the members and letting the "experience" continue.

The Alice Cooper show '08 kind of reminds of that...only they haven't replaced Alice yet.

It's Alice Lite...same great taste but not the same buzz,but you get to experience what all the fuss was about 35 years ago.

He's a 60 year old guy touring on his glory days when he was a menacing threat to parent's morality and society at large.It reminds me of a really good Alice tribute band we used to go see all the time called Billion Dollar Babies,but with the real Alice fronting the band.

It kinda strikes me as a "remember when?" review.

I thought the band was ok,not the best band I've seen Alice assemble...to be sure.

Eric Singer was solid as usual and he can still really belt out that drum solo he used to do in the Kiss days.(he really should still be in Kiss with Kulick...but hey).

To be honest,it was virtually the same show I saw a few years back,with new musicians,a new song dabbled here and there.

He's cake walking these tours until he retires.

But I am glad he's doing it...the guy looks great up there at 60,gotta give him props for that.

The voice is pooched though...some heavy filter stuff going on at times.At other times,if you listened closely,he sounded just like he did on Ferguson...but when you crank everything up to 10 you don't really notice as much.

All in all I had fun...a good little rock show done on a budget.

Enjoy it while you can...I have a feeling you're going to hear the "Farewell Tour" announcement some time in the next 5 years.

...and I'll be there

Alice Cooper has meant a lot to me on many levels for 37 years now.He's my all time rock hero and I have amazing memories of the man,the band and the music that I'll take with me to the grave.

But the train is starting to pull into the station,it's clear to see (for those being honest about it).

However,he still thrills the devoted who fill these 3,000 seat venues!...no question about it!

I wasn't going to buy a shirt...but that Halloween 2008 one was too damn cool!

Gotta tell it straight up as it went down for me.

But I did say to myself at one point,if I'd never seen Alice before...would this be blowing me away?And the answer was ..hell yeah!

solid effort all around: B+

Good review. I'm sure to people like you who have been seeing Alice for decades it does seem a little tired by now. But I completely agree with your last paragraph...I'm 17 and I've seen AC 3 times, once more too in 2 weeks. I still think it's the greatest show I've ever seen bar Maiden 4 times. The best part of Alice to me he puts on a larger than life show, but he doesn't do it because he wants to cover up the fact that he's not that good a musician (Which he is), unlike most shock rock bands (IMO). To me, until the first time I saw Alice open for Heaven And Hell last year, Alice Cooper was just another lame band stuck in the 80's. Literally in the 70 minutes of his set, I had a 180 degree shift in my point of view. I've never gone from loathing a band to loving a band so fast.