What will you be listening to the album on?

mcmurray

I'm interested to know what gear you guys will be using for playback of the album? Anyone upgrading their system in preparation?

Anyone using (god forbid) small crappy PC speakers?

I'll be using a pro soundcard routed into a pro headphone amp and a pair of Sennheiser HD650s. And for the speaker setup it'll be Toshiba audiophile DVD player into a Marantz audiophile amp.

Oh and who is going to butcher the album by converting to MP3?

I shall be taking it home in my awesome car stereo and then putting it on my surround sound after I get home. After that I'll be ripping it and listening to it through good headphones. This baby won't be played through crappy equipment till I've fully digested it.

Edited by FunkyMonk

It would be a waste of time and money to upgrade since I'm sure the album will be compressed to hell with super loud mixing. Hopefully not, but that's the way I think it's gonna go. If you are going to upgrade then you do it to hear all your music, not just one album.

In truth, I'm actually more excited (in a hifi way) about hearing the 180 gram LP Use Your Illusion re-releases, which are coming out this month.

Anyways, I'll be listening through a Denon UD-M50 mini system, Arcam DV135 CD player, and Tannoy Mercury F2 speakers. A decent little system, which I will hopefully have upgraded within a year or two.

I want these: http://www.divineaudio.co.uk/itemdetails.php?itemId=345

Or these: http://www.monitoraudiousa.com/product.php...1&product=2

:wub:

Yeah I forgot to mention the car stereo! After spending 5 grand on it a few months ago I think it'll be up to the task :)

Hey man, you think I might be able to borrow $100?

I think you might want to ask Kbear instead, after all he can afford an Arcam CD player :)