is Weiland done with STP?? sure sounds like it..

gunsnmotley

Singer Scott Weiland, who has just released his second solo album, "Happy In Galoshes", recently spoke to Edna Gundersen of USA Today about the possibility of a new studio album from Stone Temple Pilots, the band with which he completed an extensive and highly touted U.S. reunion tour.

"When you commit to a band that big that sold so many records and touched that many people, you can't easily get out of it," he said. "I'm finally on my own, at a place I've wanted to be for so long."

On being gun-shy about band duty, he said, "There's a beauty in being part of a band, when there's equality and trust. But at this phase of my life, I want to write and not have to think about whether a song is going to be a hit. I want to explore the music that inspires me, and I don't want to ape myself.

"I've been saying for a long time that I couldn't see myself shaking my (butt) in leather pants when I'm 40. My goal in STP was to leave an imprint. That was done. I want to move forward and be in control of what I do musically. I have kids, and I don't want to spend my life on the road."

"Happy In Galoshes" sold 10,500 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 96 on The Billboard 200 chart.

Scott Weiland celebrated the release of "Happy In Galoshes" by making an appearance at the Virgin Megastore in Hollywood, California on November 24. Scott performed live in the Hollywood & Highland courtyard, and followed it up by taking part in a CD-signing at the Virgin Megastore.

I read an interview with him in another magazine this week where he basically hinted that they're contractually obligated to do another album, and he's fearing it, because he doesn't think it'll be very inspired since nobody wants to do it. He said something like, "I just found out that apparently we have a contract with the record company, which is disappointing. I don't know if I can see myself getting into it again." Or something like that.

I read an interview with him in another magazine this week where he basically hinted that they're contractually obligated to do another album, and he's fearing it, because he doesn't think it'll be very inspired since nobody wants to do it. He said something like, "I just found out that apparently we have a contract with the record company, which is disappointing. I don't know if I can see myself getting into it again." Or something like that.

Thats pretty sad. It seemed like they were doing well together...for the most part.

They might not get around to it. It doesn't seem like anyone's falling over themselves to do one, even the DeLeo's who really couldn't do any better than STP. I think there's still a good deal of distance between them and it will prevent them from pulling it together and doing an album anytime in the next couple years...Even though Scott said in a radio interview they did some song writing while on the summer reunion tour.

I still haven't bought it. I can't find it anywhere. I wonder if it even has an Australian distributor?

10,500 in the first week is pretty decent considering it was released through Scott's own label in limited release on the same week as Chinese Democracy, Day & Age and Kanye's album.

It's a good album, without ever reaching great heights. Probably on par with 12 Bar Blues. I listen to Crash all the time. Paralysis and Tangle With You Mind are cool and have a sweet country vibe about them. Big Black Monster is incredibly fun. Missing Cleveland and Blind Confusion are solid pop tunes.

I think the more trippy and experimental stuff was better on 12 Bar Blues, though. Maybe he needs to be doing a lot of heroin for that stuff to really work?

Btw, if anyone's wondering what happened to that song he did with Pharrell Williams:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=20Nfl_WtgUM

Ya see Zint?? Now you can let go of your grudge against Scott, because he really didn't leave VR to go back to STP. He just retired to do his solo stuff. You can almost say that he ended his career with VR. :rolleyes:

No grudge.

If going solo to sell 10,000 copies per release makes him happy..then beautiful!

He's being honest with himself and making music that connects with his soul and means something personal to him.

And if other people dig it,then that gets him off.

That's what being a true artist is really all about.

And I admire any musician or artist that has the fortitude to live with that kind of honesty.

I have total respect for it.

I thought he sucked on Kimmel,but I thought he was really good on Leno.

In fact...I really dug the Leno performance!

Oh well...can't please them all every time.

Ya see Zint?? Now you can let go of your grudge against Scott, because he really didn't leave VR to go back to STP. He just retired to do his solo stuff. You can almost say that he ended his career with VR. :rolleyes:

No grudge.

If going solo to sell 10,000 copies per release makes him happy..then beautiful!

He's being honest with himself and making music that connects with his soul and means something personal to him.

And if other people dig it,then that gets him off.

That's what being a true artist is really all about.

And I admire any musician or artist that has the fortitude to live with that kind of honesty.

I have total respect for it.

That reminds me of someone ;)