82 year old Heavy Metal fan

Memnoch The Devil

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a lifetime of awful taste in music--you'd think he would have outgrown that phase by now.

maybe once he hits eighty-three he'll branch off to some jazz or something.

Believe it or not all metal fans are retards..

I know it's hard to believe but like a good 10% are normal.

face it: metal is for twelve-year olds and lobotomy patients. it's boring.

and to counter your next post, no, lil' wayne is not boring--he's one of the most creative lyricists in all of hip-hop.

and saying i don't have music taste based on one artist is idiotic; he represents only small fraction of the hip-hop i listen to, and hip-hop represents only a small fraction of the genres i listen to. and what does not having taste even mean? that was a bad joke. you could of i at least said i had bad taste. i guess that can be expected from either a twelve-year old or a lobotomy patient, though.

and to counter your next post, no, lil' wayne is not boring--he's one of the most creative lyricists in all of hip-hop.

and saying i don't have music taste based on one artist is idiotic; he represents only small fraction of the hip-hop i listen to, and hip-hop represents only a small fraction of the genres i listen to. and what does not having taste even mean? that was a bad joke. you could of i at least said i had bad taste. i guess that can be expected from either a twelve-year old or a lobotomy patient, though.

And yet you're very quick to dismiss an entire, diverse and creative genre. There's so much music that falls under the umbrella "metal" to immediately lump it all into the "for twelve year olds" category is a little narrow minded for someone who claims to have as broad a spectrum of music tastes as you.

^ theres nothing i hate more than hiphop...

anyway, i think its pretty cool that an 82 yr old listens to metal, i wonder if he also likes some of the recent metal or hard rock even...

my granma is 73 or something, my granpa the same age, my granma likes tangos and my granpa country... thats lame...

=D playing black sabbath in a retirement home rockon.gif

anyway, i think its pretty cool that an 82 yr old listens to metal, i wonder if he also likes some of the recent metal or hard rock even...

my granma is 73 or something, my granpa the same age, my granma likes tangos and my granpa country... thats lame...

=D playing black sabbath in a retirement home rockon.gif

Soon Black Sabbath will be playing in a retirement home! (Just kidding, love 'em really)

And yet you're very quick to dismiss an entire, diverse and creative genre. There's so much music that falls under the umbrella "metal" to immediately lump it all into the "for twelve year olds" category is a little narrow minded for someone who claims to have as broad a spectrum of music tastes as you.

i don't mind bands like boris and sunn o))), but i tend to lean more towards boris' stoner-rock efforts, and sunn o))) really doesn't have much to offer once the novelty has worn off. and i doubt that's what this guy listens to. he probably likes judas priest, metallica, megadeth, etc., which is all musically uninteresting.

Edited by stacks on deck

you're probably not doing it right. a lot of people dismiss the genre because of a few bad songs they heard on the radio; i'd do the same if i was in their shoes. a lot of mainstream hip-hop is weak right now, but underneath that is some brilliant music. people hear a song by soulja boy and think hip-hop sucks, but if they were to hear a song by mf doom or the cool kids, i doubt they'd hold the same position. and there's still good music in mainstream--mos def, q-tip, nas, but it doesn't get as much attention as some of the other acts.

which sucks.

What Metal bands have you actually listened to?

It's fucking hilarious how you'll flag people for not giving Rap a chance but then flag people for listening to metal.

Gota love the double standard.

read my last post. boris and sunn o))) are both metal bands.

i guess i know more about the genre than you do.

Wow you listen to two bands. Great way to discovering the genre

Yes, I'm sure you do.

Sabbath, Priest, Maiden, Tallica, Iced Earth, Opeth, Anthrax, Death, etc..

Yeah, you sure know a lot more about it. You just give somebody a speech about Hip-Hop and having to discover it and you've found two bands you liked and dismiss the genre?