Faith No More to reform

Marky

Faith No More are set to reform and play a European tour this year.

The reformation of the band, led by Mike Patton, was confirmed by their publicist, reports Idolator.com.

It is reported that the band, who initially split in 1998 with the band members pursuing other musical outlets, will play a European tour this year - with summer festival dates likely.

It is thought that guitarist Jim Martin, who left the band in 1993, will not be part of the reunion.

http://www.nme.com/news/faith-no-more/43007

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Faith No More are set to reform and play a European tour this year.

The reformation of the band, led by Mike Patton, was confirmed by their publicist, reports Idolator.com.

It is reported that the band, who initially split in 1998 with the band members pursuing other musical outlets, will play a European tour this year - with summer festival dates likely.

It is thought that guitarist Jim Martin, who left the band in 1993, will not be part of the reunion.

http://www.nme.com/news/faith-no-more/43007

so who's it going to be Johnny or Trey?

would be the most worthwhile thing Mike Patton has done in years

Seeing Fantomas last month made me realize just how shit Fantomas really are :lol:

I may be in the minority but I never really cared for Pattons 2,000 other projects, pretty much just FNM. Of all his side bands,what one features the most singing and sounds closest to FNM?

Some people might say Tomahawk

But I think Mr Bungle is his second best project after FNM

WTF? Faith No More without Jim Martin is like Guns N Roses without all the members of Guns N Roses except Axl.

Obviously you missed King For A Day and Album of the year

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

I may be in the minority but I never really cared for Pattons 2,000 other projects, pretty much just FNM. Of all his side bands,what one features the most singing and sounds closest to FNM?

Some people might say Tomahawk

But I think Mr Bungle is his second best project after FNM

My vote goes to Peeping Tom.

This is fucking awesome. They definitely made their best music with Jim Martin in the band but he clearly didnt like what Patton was doing to the band. King For a Day is a kick ass album and Album Of the year is pretty good too.

You Europeans are damn lucky, hopefully they play more dates than the Rage Against The Machine "reunion" last year.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1605707/2...h_no_more.jhtml

"MTV News contacted Patton's publicist, who told us that yes, the Faith No More reunion is happening ... and no, they're not going to be playing any dates in the U.S. (sorry, Coachella fans). This is will be a strictly European affair. "

What the fuck is that about? They started in the US. At least give us a few festivals and maybe an NYC date. Come on! \

Any US fans seriously considering heading to Europe for this?

Any news on an album?

wayy too early for that, its not even clear who the guitarist will be for these reunion dates. Knowing Patton he has like 6 other projects and wont want to do it. I heard somewhere hes working with the singer from TV On The Radio and another singer, that could be wild. For now, bask in the fact that theyll be back, if only for a short time.

Just hope they play Jizzlobber.

That would be sweet but from what I read Jim Martin was heavily involved in writing that song. It doesnt look like he'll be in on the reunion so it might not work. They had some odd set list choices towards the end, not a lot of Angel Dust era stuff. I still cant believe the only time Malpractice ever got played live was when Patton played his one and only show with Dillinger Escape Plan. Its sweet though check it out:

Just hope they play Jizzlobber.

That would be sweet but from what I read Jim Martin was heavily involved in writing that song. It doesnt look like he'll be in on the reunion so it might not work. They had some odd set list choices towards the end, not a lot of Angel Dust era stuff. I still cant believe the only time Malpractice ever got played live was when Patton played his one and only show with Dillinger Escape Plan. Its sweet though check it out:

I can't wait for what Patton has to say. The magnificient bastards are back!

I got that Dilinger album Miss Machines.

I they left looking like this?

I think people expect it to be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkPT2XS0vVc

Maybe Wolfmother will support.

Fakin yes! The best reunion (or what-not) news ever!

I do agree with that one dude that wrote to this thread earlier that it's a damn shame if J.Martin isn't with em'... He really really should be..

If Jim isn't in (DAMN!!!!!)... I would prefer Trey, but I guess that he and Mike aint getting along... After that I would choose Menta and my last last last choice would be "the most boring man in RnR" J.Hudson, that guy makes me fall asleep: Zzzz Zzzzz Zzzzzz.

But gotta catch em!