Axl rejects guitarist for using the Whammy Bar too much

^ Thanks, good morning, and what fckn time is it? :shrugs:

Yeah, he's a whamaholic alright.

Very funny you say that Randy, just watched the SnL clip and I thought 'Vai in Crossroads'.

Edited by axlskAmpf

So he hated the whammy bar, which in effect gives the sound of a slide with more dexterity . But he lets Bucket ruin some of the best songs on CD with his whammy pedal? I don't get that, that's the one major critique I have about some of his solos on the album, that pedal sounds fucking horrible.

So he hated the whammy bar, which in effect gives the sound of a slide with more dexterity . But he lets Bucket ruin some of the best songs on CD with his whammy pedal? I don't get that, that's the one major critique I have about some of his solos on the album, that pedal sounds fucking horrible.

Out of curiosity what songs do you think he ruined? I love his playing on the record.

Also, FYI, he doesn't use any pedals. It's all done with magic. :confused:

Buckethead-02-big.jpg

Edited by axlskAmpf

Out of curiosity what songs do you think he ruined? I love his playing on the record.

Also, FYI, he doesn't use any pedals. It's all done with magic. :confused:

Buckethead-02-big.jpg

Prostitute mostly, though I'm not a fan of its use on Chinese Democracy either. This could be a personal vendetta with me though, I fucking hate whammy pedals. Be a man and use a natural harmonic with your bar. I think the pedals make it sound too unnatural and processed.

I think Axl made the right call. The guy is good but I prefer tasteful use of the vibrato arm, listen to David Gilmour. The dive-bomb type stuff is not my cup-of-tea and I don't see it fitting into the Guns sound. Obviously, Axl thought the same.

As strange as Bucket Head may be, I think his playing on CD is fantastic. I have not listened to much of his solo material but his contributions on CD are platinum. I think most people were complaining about the look he had not fitting Guns. While his playing is different, and I understand it may not suit everyone, it's obviously high caliber stuff. Nobody can deny his technical ability and as I said, to me, his vibe on CD is excellent.

Edited by mcalldp

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

This topic is gold. Probs to the guy with the darkened Axl pic!!!

By the way, it is obvious that this guitarist misinterpreted 'whammy bar' with 'Pammy hair':

061127_anderson_vmed_12p.widec.jpg

The real reason for Axl rejecting this man is that. in the dark, he reminded Axl too much of Popcorn Adler. ;)

Judging by the picture and having briefly listened to some of his material, I don't think it was just the whammy bar that kept Axl from hiring someone like "Michael Lee Firkins".

You would think, by judging by the picture and having briefly listened to some of his material, that Axl wouldn't hire Buckethead too, but hey.. ;) You never know.

(Not saying anything bad about Buckethead)

So he hated the whammy bar, which in effect gives the sound of a slide with more dexterity . But he lets Robin ruin some of the best songs on CD with his sloppy amateur playing? I don't get that, that's the one major critique I have about some of his solos on the album, he sounds like an kid with ADD at a guitar lesson.

I fixed it for you mate :)