Axl rejects guitarist for using the Whammy Bar too much

So he hated the whammy bar, which in effect gives the sound of a slide with more dexterity . But he lets Robin ruin some of the best songs on CD with his sloppy amateur playing? I don't get that, that's the one major critique I have about some of his solos on the album, he sounds like an kid with ADD at a guitar lesson.

I fixed it for you mate :)

Noted...

But that's a different topic all together. Besides, I'm pretty sure I have ADD but I kick ass at guitar.

With Fortus and Bucket, Axl had hit the nail on the head. Robin was good but like he was really really sloppy and I really like his writing ability.

Bumble's a mess. Guy can't write shit. His tone is awful, improvs are a joke. The Shackler's solo makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

I hope someone like fortus comes in, solid and classic rock like.

With Fortus and Bucket, Axl had hit the nail on the head. Robin was good but like he was really really sloppy and I really like his writing ability.

Bumble's a mess. Guy can't write shit. His tone is awful, improvs are a joke. The Shackler's solo makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

I hope someone like fortus comes in, solid and classic rock like.

+1

Richard is the best fit guitar for GNR. He looks like anyone from old line up.

• 3 years later...

I have much respect for Jason, talking as a guitar player, he's unique and it's such a pitty what happened to him.

But sincerely, i think Axl's attitude was pretty fine, he was looking for a certain style and definitely Firkins doesn't fit on GNR.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I bet Axl wasn't even in the room. Just one spotlight over the contestant and Axl, after an anxiety causiing quiet, offers his verdict over a small walkey talkey operated from a separate room above the audition, Axl grooming a cat with about 30 HD angle cameras so that he can see every drop of sweat trickle off the player.

He cranks up Angels with Filthy Souls:

I'm going to give you to the count of 10, to get your ugly, yella, no-good whammy off my property, before I pump your guts full of lead! 1, 2, 10!"

axl076editedsx4.jpg

Angels_With_Filthy_Souls.jpg

He definitely sounds more bluesy than anything Buckethead, BBF or DJ produce. Image wise he may not fit but neither did Buckethead. I think the whammy could have been fine for a lot of the work. Axl's comment just seems to be a nicer way of rejecting instead of telling him he looks like Mustaine, only douchier.

I don't think the shred fits with GNR and the band ended up with Buckethead and BBF. The whammy is closer to the bluesy sound GNR had than any shred on CD.

Edited by Rustycage

I bet Axl wasn't even in the room. Just one spotlight over the contestant and Axl, after an anxiety causiing quiet, offers his verdict over a small walkey talkey operated from a separate room above the audition, Axl grooming a cat with about 30 HD angle cameras so that he can see every drop of sweat trickle off the player.

He cranks up Angels with Filthy Souls:

I'm going to give you to the count of 10, to get your ugly, yella, no-good whammy off my property, before I pump your guts full of lead! 1, 2, 10!"

axl076editedsx4.jpg

Angels_With_Filthy_Souls.jpg

:rofl-lol: