Alice In Chains

Gordon Comstock

Fuck Yes!

Layne Staley's voice and Jerry Cantrells Music and lyrics=Perfection. Layne wrote some good tunes too, but Cantrell is the reason they're so great imho. Dirt, Facelift and Jar Of Flies, are my obviously my favorites. Supposedly they're releasing a new album this year with David Duvall on vox(who is pretty good, and sounds like Layne) which I'm looking forward to. though it won't be the same with out LS. :(

Rip Layne Staley

Alice In Chains is one of the greatest bands of all time ! And by far the best to have come out of the grunge era. Layne is such a brilliant vocalist as well as lyricist. The layered vocals of Cantrell & Layne make the songs so special. Cantrell was the greatest guitarist of that era too. Brilliant band.

Guest deleted_19765

I've always been a big fan and have placed them next to GNR at times as my favorite band. Layne was one of the most amazing singers in rock, but even without him Cantrell wrote and sang so much great material. Jar of Flies is my favorite album from them.

Edited by AgainstAllOdds

• 2 weeks later...
recently been gettin into them... any fans?

Have you checked out Mad Season?

weird that you asked him that because i just started listening to them today. im planning on listening to more of their stuff

That's sexy.

Anyway, the album is ace! Check out the tune, Long Gone Day.

weird that you asked him that because i just started listening to them today. im planning on listening to more of their stuff

That's sexy.

yeah i definitely will. as of right now, i really like 'river of deceit'. it sort of reminds me of jar of flies. :heart:

That's sexy.

yeah i definitely will. as of right now, i really like 'river of deceit'. it sort of reminds me of jar of flies. :heart:

That's a tasty one. I'm listening to it now. The whole album itself is more Jar of Flies than anything else AIC have done.