Green day - 21st Century Breakdown

Gallagher Rose

I'm probably gonna float around this thread to find a general consensus before purchasing the album. I wasn't a huge fan of American Idiot, but loved thier old stuff... although I assume this opinion has been expressed more than enough :P

I heard the single and wasn't too impressed, although often that can be a good sign...cos a good album (IMHO) is when the singles aren't the best songs on the album. (E.g's include UYI 2, any of Neil Youngs albums really and probably most of the Beatles albums :P)

But yeah, if i get it, I'll post my views on here somewhere.

xXx

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been listening to the album for a couple of days now and i must say that 'before the lobotomy' and 'peacemaker' are two of the best songs i've heard in this past year. I was very disappointed when i heard the first single, thank god that's probably the worst and least inspired song on the album. There are a few other solid tunes and the rest is mediocre Green Day stuff. I hope they atleast choose the other singles right. Cause many people i know was put off buying the album after hearing 'know your enemy'.

• 2 weeks later...

Good enough album for a few listens. I didn't buy the hype and I was pleasently surprised. As always there's some really good pop tunes on here that we'll probably all over the place this summer. Know Your Enemy is decent enough, and single worthy( ha, at least in this day and age) but I think 21st Century Breakdown would have been a better leadoff single.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought American Idiot was a great album, listened to stream of 21st Century Breakdown on a newspapers website, some sort of exclusive thing, and thought it sucked, Before the Lobotomy and Restless Heart Syndrome are the only ones that stood out. Better luck next time.

21 Guns video exlusive: http://link.brightcove.com/services/player...tid=27079565001

Cool video. One of my favourites on the album.

i agree. Green Day's amazing, they're modern good rock n roll.. stuff that's pretty rare these days in music.

guitar driven, crazy bass lines, manic drums, and one unique frontman. I don't get the hate?

anyways, in the video.. wonder if those were the actual kids featured on the on the cover

I liked the album at first, but I find it's getting worse and worse with each listen which is what I was afraid of. It just doesn't sound fresh after a while.

Know Your Enemy has to be one of the worst songs to ever be released to radio. 21 Guns makes me gag after two listens. Before the Lobotomy is an absolute stinker.

Songs like Murder City and Restless Heart Syndrome save this album from being a rotten turd, which is unfortunate.

• 1 month later...

i just bought the album, not bad.. i'm liking american idiot better at the moment. but that was an epic album. this one sounds very good also. green day are better then most bands out today.

21st Century

Know Your Enemy

LA Gloria

Before The Lobotomy

Peacemaker

Horseshoes And Handgrenades

21 guns << best song on the album, magic song.

See the Light <<< awesome song also.