Was Adam Robbed of the Title?

EternalFlame

Who really won the singing competition? Adam Lambert is the most unique and vocally gifted artist that Idol has ever cast. He is the true American Idol in my book. The only reason I watched Idol this season was because Adam's wildly enormous range blew me away from the first note I ever heard him sing. Since then, I was hooked.His extraordinary talent of adding his creative touch to the songs he sings and making them sound original and new, along with his sexy rocker vibe is only a plus. Tonight's results shocked me, and I feel that Adam WAS robbed.

What do you think?

Edited by EternalFlame

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's because he was gay

Somebody had to say it

I honestly don't think that was the reason.

If anything it's because people were turned off with the judges obvious bias towards Adam pretty much all the time.

Also don't forget it was two guys (who were both pretty cool imo) with different styles. The show is American Idol, not American Who Can Hit The Highest Notes. Adam was really good, but I watched most of the episodes and Adam did seem to hit those high notes a little too much as the show went on, ie sometimes throwing out those high notes every song can make it seem a little "tired." Also Kris played Piano, Guitar,etc so I can see why people would gravitate towards him and his style.

With all that said, I'll personally be looking forward to Adam's album more because I like rock more, but I don't think the outcome was because of sexuality, just different styles and some backlash to obvious favoritism.

It's because he was gay

Somebody had to say it

If anything it's because people were turned off with the judges obvious bias towards Adam pretty much all the time.

Also don't forget it was two guys (who were both pretty cool imo) with different styles. The show is American Idol, not American Who Can Hit The Highest Notes. Adam was really good, but I watched most of the episodes and Adam did seem to hit those high notes a little too much as the show went on, ie sometimes throwing out those high notes every song can make it seem a little "tired." Also Kris played Piano, Guitar,etc so I can see why people would gravitate towards him and his style.

With all that said, I'll personally be looking forward to Adam's album more because I like rock more, but I don't think the outcome was because of sexuality, just different styles and some backlash to obvious favoritism.

I pretty much agree. Kris was actually really good, just a different style. He turned that Kanye West song Heartless into a really cool acoustic guitar number...I mean, it was phenomenal, really great stuff. Randy said it was better than the original. Kris had a knack for taking a song and changing it into his own thing, same as Adam.

Adam was great, incredible range, although when he screams it's a little too high pitched for me and after a while it began to feel like he was doing the same thing week in and week out. Don't get me wrong, he deserved to win, the guy can sing anything and actually that second song he did yesterday was amazing. I just don't think he's perfect. A lot of this is subjective anyhow.

I'd say Adam should have probably taken the crown, but I don't think he was robbed. Kris was deserving. Allison would've deserved it too. They all have different styles and all are great in their own right. Hopefully now they release some decent music, but that may be asking too much. They will probably get someone who cranks out crappy pop songs to write an album for them. That song Kara co-wrote is embarrassing, really. Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, hopefully these guys will want to do their own thing and will take songwriting seriously. It appears that they've got a bit of substance to them so I guess we'll see.

It's because he was gay

Somebody had to say it

I pretty much agree. Kris was actually really good, just a different style. He turned that Kanye West song Heartless into a really cool acoustic guitar number...I mean, it was phenomenal, really great stuff. Randy said it was better than the original. Kris had a knack for taking a song and changing it into his own thing, same as Adam.

Adam was great, incredible range, although when he screams it's a little too high pitched for me and after a while it began to feel like he was doing the same thing week in and week out. Don't get me wrong, he deserved to win, the guy can sing anything and actually that second song he did yesterday was amazing. I just don't think he's perfect. A lot of this is subjective anyhow.

I'd say Adam should have probably taken the crown, but I don't think he was robbed. Kris was deserving. Allison would've deserved it too. They all have different styles and all are great in their own right. Hopefully now they release some decent music, but that may be asking too much. They will probably get someone who cranks out crappy pop songs to write an album for them. That song Kara co-wrote is embarrassing, really. Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, hopefully these guys will want to do their own thing and will take songwriting seriously. It appears that they've got a bit of substance to them so I guess we'll see.

Yeah, I agree with you agreeing with me :xmasssanta:

That Kara song was NOT GOOD. If you really think about it, Adam kinda got lucky because he doesn't have to record that, although I think Idol would be idiotic to keep that song going since it's almost universal (from what I've read) that everybody thinks that song is a sack of shit.

I just say to each his own... I think Adam will sell better, but I have a theory on why Kris won. When Danny Gokey got voted off AI in the 3rd week, all of his voters were most likely going to vote for Kris because his genre was similar to Danny's. I think Adam was a much better vocalist, and I'm going to say it, I hope he's the new lead singer of Velvet Revolver.

Kris is a talented guy, all round. Adam sings better of course. America is made up of all sorts of people. The second place getter often does better than the winner, at least over here they do. They usually get offered a recording contract anyhow, and then get to avoid all the hype whilst concentrating on their own style.. instead of 'Idol image'.

Kris is a talented guy, all round. Adam sings better of course. America is made up of all sorts of people. The second place getter often does better than the winner, at least over here they do. They usually get offered a recording contract anyhow, and then get to avoid all the hype whilst concentrating on their own style.. instead of 'Idol image'.

That was only the case for the first two idols... While Guy is somewhat successful, shannon outclassed him in, they have both dropped off the radar since. As for season two well that chick that won it... Casey Donavon if memory serves my right, well she was just a disaster. The only reason people voted for her over the runner who I can't remember, but was more successful; was because she is fat(honestly), sympathy. The other seasons i don't even know who won. All in all, the only success to come out of australian idol are the winner and runner up of season one but nothing memorable.

I think Adam was robbed.

Even Kris was freaking suprised.

Didn't anyone see where after they announced the winner, he started to say he didn't deserve it?

I didn't get that he was just trying to be gracious.

I personally thought Lambert lose, because there seemed to be some sorta of.......I don't want to say conspiracy, but for lack of a better word.....some sorta of public sentiment growing that the best thing for Lambert's career was for him not to win.

I've read a couple of articles (Huffinton Post, NY Times) that were sorta trying to sway fans of Lambert's to actually vote against him, for fear that winning would hurt his career.

Edited by SunnyDRE

I think Adam was robbed.

Even Kris was freaking suprised.

Didn't anyone see where after they announced the winner, he started to say he didn't deserve it?

I didn't get that he was just trying to be gracious.

I personally thought Lambert lose, because their seemed to be some sorta of.......I don't want to say conspiracy, but for lack of a better word.....some sorta of public sentiment growing that the best thing for Lambert's career was for him not to win.

I've read a couple of articles (Huffinton Post, NY Times) that were sorta trying to sway fans of Lambert's to actually vote against him, for fear that winning would hurt his career.

Yes, Kris WAS surprised. He said that it should be Adam. Seacrest quickly changed the subject when he did say it. Kris wasn't even happy at first. I thought he was going to abdicate and give it to Adam. He definitely thought Adam was going to win. I do think that what Sprite said was logical; that Gokey's fans became Kris' fans. Kris is a good artist,don't get me wrong, but Adam is superior in every way. Adam really does have an original, truly unique sound and it IS a singing competition. His vocals are superb and he never loses control of a song.

American Idol does have that All American image; maybe it will be better if Adam does do his own thing, and stays true to himself. It would be a shame if he ever sold out to an image of what people want him to be.

Why does it even matter? I dont even watch American Idol at all and I know this Adam Lambert guy has some insane vocal chops, he has his name out there and his future can only get bigger, its just the beginning for him as much as it is for this other guy. Is it even that much of an honor to win American Idol anymore? It just seems so much like, "congratulations! given a few years, you'll be a has been pop singer!" This show doesnt decide shit, its up to the artists true talent to see whether they'll survive or not, and more times than not American Idol winners have just kinda fell off the radar. Taylor Hicks? lol, what an IDOL

Way I see it, if you make it to the finals of that show and people give a shit about you, your future is somewhat secure.

Why does it even matter? I dont even watch American Idol at all and I know this Adam Lambert guy has some insane vocal chops, he has his name out there and his future can only get bigger, its just the beginning for him as much as it is for this other guy. Is it even that much of an honor to win American Idol anymore? It just seems so much like, "congratulations! given a few years, you'll be a has been pop singer!" This show doesnt decide shit, its up to the artists true talent to see whether they'll survive or not, and more times than not American Idol winners have just kinda fell off the radar. Taylor Hicks? lol, what an IDOL

Way I see it, if you make it to the finals of that show and people give a shit about you, your future is somewhat secure.

The POINT is that Adam was robbed of a title that he SHOULD have deserved. Yes, Adam will become famous....it's just the fact that he wasn't given an honor he DESERVED. He worked hard on that show, and I saw the determination grow stronger inside of him with every week. It's just not fair.

Off topic a little:

Did anyone see the part where they where doing the "Idol Awards" are some shit.

I loved the clip they showed of the chick, who was like "And F**k you to all the guys I had to slept with to get this far.".........LOL.

Gold.

Off topic a little:

Did anyone see the part where they where doing the "Idol Awards" are some shit.

I loved the clip they showed of the chick, who was like "And F**k you to all the guys I had to slept with to get this far.".........LOL.

Gold.

Those were pretty funny. :lol:

I loved when Seacrest said "Oh, I would ask you what's new, but I already know," or something along those lines, referring to her new breast implants.

Edited by EternalFlame

The POINT is that Adam was robbed of a title that he SHOULD have deserved. Yes, Adam will become famous....it's just the fact that he wasn't given an honor he DESERVED. He worked hard on that show, and I saw the determination grow stronger inside of him with every week. It's just not fair.

STFU.

They both obviously worked hard, so quit being some stalker chick throwing around shit like "He DESERVED it because he worked hard and he wasn't given an honor he DESERVED." The competition is decided by peoples' votes, they voted. End of story.

Edited by Johnny Utah

STFU.

They both obviously worked hard, so quit being some stalker chick throwing around shit like "He DESERVED it because he worked hard and he wasn't given an honor he DESERVED." The competition is decided by peoples' votes, they voted. End of story.

DAMNIT JOHNNY DONT DISAGREE HE DESERVED IT GODDAMNIT BURN IN HELL FOR WHAT YOU JUST SAID.

STFU.

DAMNIT JOHNNY DONT DISAGREE HE DESERVED IT GODDAMNIT BURN IN HELL FOR WHAT YOU JUST SAID.

the problem w/ that show is about 1% of the US population (AR) had 38% of the votes

STFU.

the problem w/ that show is about 1% of the US population (AR) had 38% of the votes

Do not tell me to shut up. Do not tell me that I am a stalker chick. I am just a fan, rooting for my favorite contestant. I am merely stating my opinions and taking others opinions into consideration. So please, if you wish to continue this childish bickering, then stop posting in my thread and do so somewhere else.

STFU.

/sarcasm

STFU.

they voted wrong.