in your opinion, who is the best band out there right now?

Gordon Comstock

so yea, was talkin to a friend about this, forget what he said (was it gnr, sean? or motley? i forget, whatever...)

but i said it was cradle of filth. they are just beyond fucking great!! seriously, they deserve a LOT more credit than they get, you really cant beat Dani Filth as a singer, hes amazing.

some examples:

Foetus of a new day kicking::

Dusk and her embrace (quite possibly the greatest metal song ever?)::

Beauty slept in sodom::

Her ghost in the fog (not the whole song, its the 'single version')::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49ZJqqrr6jk

some more awesome songs to check out by them:

Devil woman, Under huntress moon, tragic kingdom, the forest whispers my name, the black goddess rises, hallowed be thy name [pretty awesome cover], libertina grimm

but, in your opinion, who is the best band out there right now? post examples if you want, itll only help your case....

Edited by RickRoses

Dani Filth sounds like a dying grandma.

Death/black/extreme/hardcore/fail metal can die in a fire.

...somebody's jelous of his abilities....

jk,

but seriously, even if ya dont like his voice, ya gotta admit that it takes some talent to sing the way he does, and hes been able to keep his voice after such a long time, also there was a rumor he had throat cancer, so throw that on, he still sounds fucking great, especially on Thornography. also, i havent heard anyone else out there who sounds like he does.

but anyway, who do YOU think is the best band out there?

Right now? Not much on the market.

But yeah, I'm sure it does take talent. And good for him for fighting cancer. His voice still sounds like shit.

this is pretty much only true in the mainstream.

cradle are still out there, motley crue is touring, buckcherry, slipknot...

edit

by mainstream, i mean the shit you hear on most radio. yea everyone knows who motley crue or slipknot are but you almost never hear them on the radio...

Edited by RickRoses

Mastodon. They manage to combine multiple influences and elements. Their newest release "Crack The Skye" is like nothing else out there and is a true "album" in the spirit of King Crimson and other 70s style influences. They also manage to rock. Brann Dailor is a filthy drummer on top of it all.

Capillarian Crest live, pay parstarting at 1:33-2:58. What other band is pulling that off?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6uGV-f_7Hg

I cant post "The last baron" from the new disc because its 13 minutes long, but its awesome.

Mastodon. They manage to combine multiple influences and elements. Their newest release "Crack The Skye" is like nothing else out there and is a true "album" in the spirit of King Crimson and other 70s style influences. They also manage to rock. Brann Dailor is a filthy drummer on top of it all.

Capillarian Crest live, pay parstarting at 1:33-2:58. What other band is pulling that off?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6uGV-f_7Hg

I cant post "The last baron" from the new disc because its 13 minutes long, but its awesome.

listenin to it now,

dont like the weird sound effects at the beginning... the music is good though, not sure about the singer. ill find some of the studio music...

and yea, the drummer is fuckin good. the music is actually really cool, but the singer, just doesnt do it for me, at least not on this live song...

listening to "Blood and thunder" and its fuckin sick!!! pretty cool, i'll check out some of their other stuff later, still not better than COF, but good nonetheless...

and as long as we're throwin in live shit:

Summer dying fast:

the forest whispers my name:

i'd say either Coheed and Cambria, Modest Mouse, Tool, Dream Theatre, The Mars Volta, or Fear Before. they have their imperfections but imo these are guys who just hit the nail on the head with almost if not every fucking song they churn out

its really hard to pick one band and say "these guys are better than anyone else" though

Stereophonics, a lot better than I gave them credit for. I listened to their albums properly and I loved it, and actually I think they're pretty underated. Muse have a lot of talent as well, and if you want hard rock I'd crown The Answer.

Stereophonics, a lot better than I gave them credit for. I listened to their albums properly and I loved it, and actually I think they're pretty underated. Muse have a lot of talent as well, and if you want hard rock I'd crown The Answer.

Generic trash.

Decent voice on Jones, but I could never bring myself to listen to a whole album of their stuff. The only song of theirs I like is that Rod Stewart cover, and that's only cus it's on the Office. :lol:

Generic trash.

Decent voice on Jones, but I could never bring myself to listen to a whole album of their stuff. The only song of theirs I like is that Rod Stewart cover, and that's only cus it's on the Office. :lol:

Haha, Handbag's and The Gladrags? That's the song that brought me into them actually. Get some of that, Mr Writer, Help Me, Stopped To Fill My Car Up. Their old stuff appeals much more to me to be honest, songs like Dakota are overplayed and overrated.

Nickelback,Three Days Grace,Breaking Benjamin,Hinder,Saving Abel,Theory Of A Deadman,Halestorm,Buckcherry...damn so much good stuff to choose from.

I really hope you're joking.

Stereophonics are nowhere near the best out there. The Answer are a pretty good band though.

I suppose it's impossible to say who the "best band out there" are. It's all down to personal taste... for example I have no idea how anyone can listen to stuff like Cradle of Filth. It sounds absolutely fuckin horrible to me.