Recomend me so Izzy solo stuff.....

Gordon Comstock

My favourites are Miami and Ride On. But seriously, the man hasn't really gone wrong yet. I'll divide his albums up for you.

Hard Rock:

Like A Dog

Miami

Concrete

Southern/American Rock:

Izzy & The JuJu Hounds

Ride On

River

Acoustic:

On Down The Road

Fire

Try get your hands on Izzy Stradlin & The Ju Ju Hound's live ep, one of the coolest little live records I have. If you can't find it on the net (it's very limited) pm me and I'll upload it (same for anbody else that wants it - Bucket O' Trouble, Cuttin' The Rug, Jivin' Sister Fanny, Time Gone By and Highway 49).

Izzy Stradlin & The Ju Ju Hounds has some classics tracks like Time Gone By, Shuffle It All, Somebody Knockin', Cuttin' The Rug etc.. that's probably my favourite. Laid back, cool as fuck. But then again so's most of his stuff.

Also great are Miami (sun drenched rock n' roll with a bit of reggae), fire (awesome acoustic, laid back)... their all great. But my personal recommendation to start with is the Ju Ju Hounds live and studio records and Miami.

Who sings on Izzy's albums? Does he sing himself?

Yes he does.

...As for what album to start with... I think 117 degrees is his strongest album. Lots of good songs on there. I also like River, but it's not as good as 117.

His best song IMO is Sweet caress from On down the road.. Amazing song:

His best solo album is the one that isn't a solo album: Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds. It's one of my favourite albums of all time and, to me, easily the best Guns related album outside of AFD. After that I'd go with 117 and On Down The Road, but really all of his albums are really good, even if they may not be amazing. On Down The Road is worth buying for the song Sweet Caress alone.

• 10 months later...

Does Izzy's solo have anything similar to Dust N' Bones.

I have Like A Dog and most of it sounds like "Lets get smashed and have a party on the beach, bro". Nothing wrong with that I guess, as I really enjoy Just Don't Know

Get Izzy Stradlin & The Ju Ju Hounds, the live in japan ep (its unreleased so pm me if youre having trouble finding it) and miami imo. I'm not a big fan of like a dog myself.