Pearl Jam - Backspacer

oneway23

I've loved Pearl Jam since Ten came out when I was in middle-school. You know you're going to get a solid, if not extremely different, album with each effort. I like the short songs on this one and how it moves from very uptempo at the front of the album to more acoustic jams as the album finishes. Great album, but won't be a commercial success what with Creed's new album coming out next month. :)

haha if you think creed's bigger than pearl jam, :sleeper:

I've loved Pearl Jam since Ten came out when I was in middle-school. You know you're going to get a solid, if not extremely different, album with each effort. I like the short songs on this one and how it moves from very uptempo at the front of the album to more acoustic jams as the album finishes. Great album, but won't be a commercial success what with Creed's new album coming out next month. :)

haha if you think creed's bigger than pearl jam, :sleeper:

I'm not saying Creed was as popular as Pearl Jam, but you shouldn't act like it's so clear that Pearl Jam will outsell Creed (something implied when you completely dismiss any chance of Creed being "bigger").

Edited by LightningBolt

Wow.....I love this stuff.

It's fun, back to basics stuff. Heavy handed drum fills, and beautifully woven guitars. Even if it isn't new, it's amazing because no one does it much anymore. Reminds me of juliette lewis's new album which i also have. it's good grooves and fun.

Really good call on the Juliette Lewis thing. I'm listening to it right now. Just Breathe just started.

So far it's ok. I really like The Fixer, great single. We'll see how I like it, I've pretty much always hated Pearl Jam, but I am giving this a chance.