Winnipeg Show: Official Thread

Gordon Comstock

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a huge guns supporter. Saw them first in '87.

LOVED the last guns tour. Thought it was wicked.

This show was totally different. The band was tight, but the crow was lame. Free Press said 7500. I'd say less than 5000.

I will never go see GNR again unless there is a reunion. Everyone I talked to thought the show sucked.

Obviously so did Tommy.

Bye bye GNR. I'm done with you.

Where did that come from? Go to another forum

Bad news. The top source for video last night just sent me this...

ChuckBlack has sent you a message:

Re: hey

I was front and centre for the whole show. Security was told to stop anyone from recording anything. They'd even stop ppl with cellphones. We saw at least one camera get taken away. I didn't take the chance at all, I was way too close to security. I paid too much for my camera, it spent the whole night in my pocket. I took one picture at the very end of the show.

The show did rock tho!

2v3j8r5.jpg

great spot! i kinda envy those 10,000 people arenas where you can have spots so close to stage. i mean, the energy in huge 70,000 p. stadiums like where they did/will play here (argentina) is fucking amazing, but either you are right in the floor near stage, or you are way far from them

Fuck you guys make me laugh.

What makes me laugh even more is all the PMs I received. Death threats? Fuck you guys are losers.

I'm speaking an opinion. My guess is everyone who's replied and PM'd me weren't there last night.

EVERYONE I know who went (20+ people) thought the same thing.

Remember, I've been a new GNR defender. I can't blame this all on the band. They were tight.

Axl sang OK. Not like he did a few years ago which was fucking brilliant.

The show didn't hold a fucking candle to the 2006 show. Sorry guys. Sorry Axl. Was an off night. I hope the rest of the tour is better.

What makes me laugh even more is all the PMs I received. Death threats? Fuck you guys are losers.

I'm speaking an opinion. My guess is everyone who's replied and PM'd me weren't there last night.

Remember, I've been a new GNR defender. I can't blame this all on the band. They were tight.

The show didn't hold a fucking candle to the 2006 show. Sorry guys. Sorry Axl. Was an off night. I hope the rest of the tour is better.

OK so you + 19 others... I can see why he said lame ass crowd. he went your group.

Now FUCK OFF hypocrite!!!

I thought you were leaving? It made me happy.

:rofl-lol:

He's still here.

Interesting. I hope more videos surface from the show so I can form my own opinion as to the quality of his voice. tkarmy was positive about his voice, as were the professional reviewers thus far.

Ali

I tivo'd all the news from Winnipeg since yesterday. It paid off. The regular 11:00pm news was a special about Haiti. prayers be with them. But at 11:30pm which is usually International news,, they showed local and said. "We're gonna try to end the news on a high note. Axl Rose style he said... The last minutes and closing were the GNR show and Axl singing Welcome To The Jungle. I have no way to upload it but I'll try to find the clip. And his voice sounded awesome without the distortion we've heard in the YouTube vids.

Edited by MicEffecT

:rofl-lol:

He's still here.

Just leave... let us enjoy this rare moment in time where everything is going well. please.

Thanks for a very insightful review of the first Canadian show.

I don't understand why the crowd was throwing shit and acting bored. they're damn lucky that GNR are playing shows there.

I really hope this doesn't fuck up the rest of the tour for Canada and I really hope Axl decides to tour the US and this shitty response to them doesn't want him to quit early again.

what the fuck? Those people paid to see Axl and GNR, what was their problem? They should be happy that Axl decided to show up and sing. lol

this show was amazing!!! the only downside to it was the crowd reaction! the floor was not moving at all...everyone in the front 10 rows were pretty much standing comfortably the whole show, i was embarassed to be in there especially when GNR gave everything they have! I have never been to a big rock show in recent memory with a lame crowd like that, it was really pissing me off

this show was amazing!!! the only downside to it was the crowd reaction! the floor was not moving at all...everyone in the front 10 rows were pretty much standing comfortably the whole show, i was embarassed to be in there especially when GNR gave everything they have! I have never been to a big rock show in recent memory with a lame crowd like that, it was really pissing me off

Why is Axl wearing eyeliner?

This show was totally different. The band was tight, but the crow was lame. Free Press said 7500. I'd say less than 5000.

I will never go see GNR again unless there is a reunion. Everyone I talked to thought the show sucked.

Obviously so did Tommy.

As if you matter.

Why must this guy get ostracized because he didn't like what he saw? This is a GNR forum, where things good AND bad are discussed. I mean 5,000 at a show is absolutely embarassing and galvanizes what alot of people here say - that Axl's a has-been and won't ever be successful again without Slash. That said, I'm still going to see him when he comes to the US, but some of the negative points are absolutely 100% correct.

Obviously so did Tommy.

As if you matter.

Why must this guy get ostracized because he didn't like what he saw? This is a GNR forum, where things good AND bad are discussed. I mean 5,000 at a show is absolutely embarassing and galvanizes what alot of people here say - that Axl's a has-been and won't ever be successful again without Slash. That said, I'm still going to see him when he comes to the US, but some of the negative points are absolutely 100% correct.

You matter even less.