Security at Winnipeg show instructed to turn away people if they showed up in Slash shirts/tophats

madison

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slash ruined guns n roses. And now he's making tons of money making music. Fucking media whore. I can't believe you slashites posting on this guns n roses board. he isn't even in the band! Axl is just looking out for the fans interests by harassing them! He just wants to make sure the fans get the pleasure of being able to see him without him HAVING to throw a hissy fit over a t-shirt! It's called preventative measures you slasholes. Really, axl has no other option.

Really, fuck you guys.

i can't believe some of you think it's ok to be censored this way. it's only a t-shirt.. it's not a machine gun. this reeks hugely of fear.

Now a bunch of them will tell you "it's just a shirt,who cares?" I guess I can't blame em because a bunch of these GNR educators (and ,no it isn't their fault) weren't around to experience the true spirit of GNR and all the things that went into them being an inspiration to so many for more than just music. There was an attitude and a lifestyle that went along with the music.

which you honour by wearing a tshirt.

one river please.

getting arrested trying to wear the tshirt into the show would be much more symbolic. i suggest you do that.

I was at the show in Hammersmith in 2006 and all the way through the show, these two guys, a little behind me, screamed abuse at the band - through the whole show! So, some people will pay just to fuck with someone. Don't get it myself.

that. just cause we dont understand it, doesnt mean it doesnt occur.

im not defending it, but i dont have a problem with it. if your enough of a smart ass to wear a slash specific shirt to an axl show, you get no sympathy from me.

banning AFD shirts would be fuckin ridiculous though. slash specific i can see, but old era shirts is literally insane.

Edited by Jackie Moon

Slash ruined guns n roses. And now he's making tons of money making music. Fucking media whore. I can't believe you slashites posting on this guns n roses board. he isn't even in the band! Axl is just looking out for the fans interests by harassing them! He just wants to make sure the fans get the pleasure of being able to see him without him HAVING to throw a hissy fit over a t-shirt! It's called preventative measures you slasholes. Really, axl has no other option.

Really, fuck you guys.

The insults and allegations aside, this is just as much a Slash thread as it is an Axl/New GNR thread so why exclude people? No amount of 'sorting' is going to divest Slash and the old band from this topic or Guns N' Roses. Removing people with Slash T-shirts would makes just as much sense as hypothetically removing Slash from the Sweet Child O' Mine videos distributed under the Guns N' Roses brand just because he's not in the band anymore.

think you missed the sarcasm homie

You are missing an important point rancid.

Going to a GnR show is a CHOICE that you are making.

If you don't want to follow the rules that the show is putting out . . . . you don't have to attend the show.

If you don't agree with the rules . . . . don't go.

If the shirt that you wear is more important than seeing the show . . . then don't go,.

Pretty simple.

Is' 2010 and these are the rules.

Don't agree with them or want to follow them . . . . don't go.

It really is that easy.

Take your fan support and go follow Velvet Revolver!!!!!

Really, fuck you guys.

He ruined Guns N Roses? He pretty much MADE Guns N Roses. Without Slash, there wouldn't even be a NAME for Axl to keep playing under. Do you not understand this? I'm as big a fan of Axl's as anyone but come on man, get a grip here.

Axl Rose can do what he wants and if he wants people censored, and doesn't want them to wear something, then it's his shows and he can do it. Doesn't make it cool, or right...but it is what it is. Personally, I think this just encourages MORE people to act up at shows....but meh.

I don't understand this "cupcake" shit. To me a cupcake is someone who signs up here with their only purpose being to say fuck Guns N Roses, all versions,etc. Pretty much everyone on here is a fan of GNR either old,new,or both.

but sadly people will call you that, if you don't love every single thing Axl Rose says or does... :rolleyes:

No moreblack, not at all!

I'm as big of an Axl Rose fan as there is on this forum. But I still post negative things about him.

The "cupcake" thing comes from people who claim to be a fan of the band (old, new, etc), but then do NOTHING but consistently bash Axl.

It's people that respond with the ridiculous "Axl's balls in your mouth" if somebody dare say something positive about Axl. Apparently you can love Slash unconditionally, through thick and thing. But if you post that you like Chinese Democracy or you enjoyed their last concert - then it's just because you have Axl's nuttsack in your mouth and you aren't capable of thinking logically.

It's people that would rather focus on a fucking t-shirt at the concert, rather than the actual concert and the music played.

It's people that spend more time bitching, whining and complaining about everything Axl does.

It's people who are still stuck in the past with the old band, it's people who blame Axl for the band's break-up.

Those people are cupcakes.

Axl could donate 100% of the profits from this tour to Haiti, could do 5 hour shows every night and play every song in the GnR catalog, could spend three hours after each show hanging out and answering questions from fans, donate millions of his own money to help fight world hunger, give bj's and hj's to any fan who wanted . . . . . . and the "cupcakes" on this forum would still come in and bash him. "DJ messed up that one note of the solo, he can't hold Slash's jock. Axl played all of GnR's songs, but he didn't play enough covers, his voice cracked in two different songs, the concert didn't get over until 3 AM, he looked fat and his bandana is ridiculous, and he wouldn't let me wear my slash shirt. Fuck him, GnR used to be the world's most dangerous band. You didn't live through the 80's and early 90's, so you don't know what I'm talking about. And if you disagree with me, it's because you have Axl's balls in your mouth."

That is a cupcake.

You are missing an important point rancid.

Going to a GnR show is a CHOICE that you are making.

If you don't want to follow the rules that the show is putting out . . . . you don't have to attend the show.

If you don't agree with the rules . . . . don't go.

If the shirt that you wear is more important than seeing the show . . . then don't go,.

Pretty simple.

Is' 2010 and these are the rules.

Don't agree with them or want to follow them . . . . don't go.

It really is that easy.

Take your fan support and go follow Velvet Revolver!!!!!

See though, they never made the rules clear at the time of purchase. If this is happening, they really need to have this set out for you to read at the time of ticket purchase

Wow, just a matter of time before this story is misinterpreted and spreads like wildfire. Stating this is confirmed could be interpreted as "slander" if it damages the band. This is like Slash now saying he personally turned down Axl and $100 million to reunite, when the truth is Izzy, Duff, Axl, and Slash collectively turned it down. But no, the headline now is Slash turned down Axl, which is false. The security firm, if they did this, acted incorrectly, AS THERE WERE NO INSTRUCTIONS FROM THE BAND OR MANAGEMENT FOR THEM TO DO THIS AT THE GATE! INCREDIBLE AND MIND BOGGLING THAT THIS FORUM IS OFFICIALLY SAYING THAT IT IS CONFIRMED AXL TOLD SECURITY TO ACT LIKE THAT AT THE GATE. THIS IS SLANDER, AND POTENTIALLY ILLEGAL!

It was confirmed.To Madison. Hours ago,even.

We did not advise any security to ban any sort of apparel.... If they did, they did it on their own accord, or under someone else's order - from within their management.

Fernando Beta's son posted this at HTGTH

what i want to know is how does a security firm arrive at an independent decision to ban the wearing of a shirt as a means to avoid disturbances - it's not exactly public headline news that axl experiences discomfort over slash. To so thoroughly research the history of the band, and then of all things, to ban that at the gate. it's just weird that it wouldn't come from within, without internal consultation. maybe winnipeg is just paranoid.

If this is happening

exactly. key words. i don't know why more people won't just call up the place and ask for themselves.

TRUE NORTH SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT LTD.

260 Hargrave Street

Winnipeg, MB R3C 5S5

Ph: 204-987-7825

Toll Free: 1-888-626-6673

Fax: 204-926-5555

http://www.mtscentre.ca/footer/contactus.php

Marone!!

Scenario should go something like the following:

MTS: "Hello?"

You: [ask question]

MTS: [give answer]

:::/quest:::

what i want to know is how does a security firm arrive at an independent decision to ban the wearing of a shirt as a means to avoid disturbances - it's not exactly public headline news that axl experiences discomfort over slash. To so thoroughly research the history of the band, and then of all things, to ban that at the gate. it's just weird that it wouldn't come from within, without internal consultation. maybe winnipeg is just paranoid.

its possible the security team decided to do it independently cause of axls reputation. maybe the promoter ordered it in fear of axl storming off / having to issue refunds or something?

i dont buy it, im just saying its possible, however unlikely.

Slash had a hand in writing half the material this band performs live, for somebody to consider wearing one of those shirts from way back in the day with him jamming on a Les Paul isn't some kind of CrAzY cOnCepT.

and if you think it is its probably because you're dumb enough to buy into the feud and pick sides

Do you wear a t-shirt with Slash face just to show that Slash had a hand in writing the old songs??? Well, so, it's a protest. You wear a t-shirt with Slash face as a way of showing your disapproval of this new lineup.

i would wear a shirt of slash to say that i support him for his role in the bands history, from my own point of view and not because i bow down at the feet of any of the other past or present members.

But the fat that i was even at the new guns concert would say that i support them and axl's efforts for success. no hate.

getting told by security to take it off at the door would bring bad blood into the whole experience and cause me to question wtf ? [which is what is happening here]

No. The reality is, these aren't Guns N' roses fans. They are trouble makers. They aren't wanted at the shows. These are the same f**king cupcakes who make this and other boards a living hell.

Axl knows what's up in those first 10 rows. He knows who is starting trouble. If you go through several months of tours and it's obvious that the people starting trouble or throwing things at Axl are wearing Slash shirts, what would YOU do?

Edward Rose

:rofl-lol:

It's kinda hard to understand what you are saying Bro,with Axl's nuts in your mouth.

How the hell would you know that people who are throwing things are wearing Slash shirts?

We have some pretty big Slash fans on here but I doubt any of them are gonna spend hundreds of dollars,and risk being fucking arrested to throw stuff at Axl while laughing and wearing a Slash shirt.

Did it ever occur to you that people who throw things at shows are just drunk/high and have no vested interest in Axl Vs. Slash.

Should my AFD cross shirt be banned from the shows?How about my UYI tour shirt? Are those acceptable oh mighty GnR lord?

Excuse me, I am the one who watches after Axl's nuts and they most certainly haven't been in his mouth, thank you! :P

i can't believe some of you think it's ok to be censored this way. it's only a t-shirt.. it's not a machine gun. this reeks hugely of fear.

Now a bunch of them will tell you "it's just a shirt,who cares?" I guess I can't blame em because a bunch of these GNR educators (and ,no it isn't their fault) weren't around to experience the true spirit of GNR and all the things that went into them being an inspiration to so many for more than just music. There was an attitude and a lifestyle that went along with the music.

which you honour by wearing a tshirt.

one river please.

getting arrested trying to wear the tshirt into the show would be much more symbolic. i suggest you do that.

I was at the show in Hammersmith in 2006 and all the way through the show, these two guys, a little behind me, screamed abuse at the band - through the whole show! So, some people will pay just to fuck with someone. Don't get it myself.

that. just cause we dont understand it, doesnt mean it doesnt occur.

im not defending it, but i dont have a problem with it. if your enough of a smart ass to wear a slash specific shirt to an axl show, you get no sympathy from me.

banning AFD shirts would be fuckin ridiculous though. slash specific i can see, but old era shirts is literally insane.

Jackie Moon, "Have I told you lately, that I love you"?? :thumbsup::D

if i were axl i would do the same thing. the person/ persons who would wear a slash costume or shirt to a new GNR concert only want to piss off Axl and make a statement. a statement being like "this isnt GNR etc"

i didnt believe it at first but still Axl has good reason to do that. Any sonofabitch who would buy a 100 dollar or so ticket and wear a slash top hat must be a Grade A hater. If u think about it, it makes sense to stop it.

I'm sorry kid that you missed out on when GNR were truly the MOST DANGEROUS BAND IN THE WORLD and there were riots and things to worry about other than fans wearing fucking SLASH shirts.

Why doesn't Axl stop performing Slash songs if we can't wear his shirts into the shows?

get it right dude, slash never wrote a damn single GNR song, look at the fucking credits,(when IO say that there isnt a song that her wrote singularly alone that GNR play) get it right and stop poisoning people with your BS.

Slash had a hand in writing half the material this band performs live, for somebody to consider wearing one of those shirts from way back in the day with him jamming on a Les Paul isn't some kind of CrAzY cOnCepT.

and if you think it is its probably because you're dumb enough to buy into the feud and pick sides

Do you wear a t-shirt with Slash face just to show that Slash had a hand in writing the old songs??? Well, so, it's a protest. You wear a t-shirt with Slash face as a way of showing your disapproval of this new lineup.

i would wear a shirt of slash to say that i support him for his role in the bands history, from my own point of view and not because i bow down at the feet of any of the other past or present members.

But the fat that i was even at the new guns concert would say that i support them and axl's efforts for success. no hate.

getting told by security to take it off at the door would bring bad blood into the whole experience and cause me to question wtf ? [which is what is happening here]

So your main reason of going to the show is to not hear and enjoy the performance . . . . but instead, to use your t-shirt as a fashion statement to let somebody (not sure who) know that you support the band's ex-guitar player????

Not directed at Maxx - but everybody:

I just don't get why this is so important to people. If wearing a slash shirt is more important to you than going to enjoy a 3-hour show . . . then your priorities are clearly out of order.

If I was going to watch my favorite band, and I paid 75 bucks for a ticket . . . I might get annoyed if the ticket guy told me to turn my shirt inside out, but 5 seconds later, I'd go enjoy the show. The SHOW is what is important, not your fucking shirt. And if I am sooooooooooooo worked up about this shirt issue, then I wouldn't go to the show. But I certainly wouldn't make post after post bitching and moaning about it on the band's forum.

I understand why Axl, if he gave this order, wouldn't want to have Slash's face staring at him all night. The guy has made his life a living hell for the past 15 years, 15 fucking years. Can you imagine if, thanks to one man who was once your friend, your world and repuation was torn down to the point where you know that no matter what you do you just can't win? Where everything you do will have shit thrown at it? That would cripple you emotionally.

Would you want that mans face staring at you while you try to enjoy something that took you 15 years to build?

Oh come on! Axl's life has been a living hell for the past 15 years? So I guess he has pretty much gone through as devastating a time as the people in Haiti are going through now, for example? Because that is a living hell. So please, don't be so dramatic.

And we should ask how has Slash single-handedly made Axl's life a living hell? Sued him a few times? Axl has a legal team that is more than capable of handling a few lawsuits. Or perhaps Slash said some mean things in the media that hurt Axl's reputation. I mean, it was such a sparkling reputation back in 1997, wasn't it? Axl never did anything to smear his rep. So I guess it's easy to see why he would be so pissed off at Slash's slander. Honestly, Axl needs to get over this shit already. It's been thirteen fucking years and it's like he just had his last fight with Slash yesterday. But he may as well have, because yesterday is everyday in Axl's world and it always will be.

The bottom line is Axl could've had his revenge. Everything went his way. He successfully ousted all the old members and kept his huge brand name, he got Geffen to fund his new band to the tune of $13,000,000, and he was able to hire world class talent to fill out his new lineup. And he had ten years to put it all together. What did he accomplish with all of that? Maybe I can understand a little bit why he is so damn bitter. The man needs to lighten up and not try so hard. The making of the album was a nightmare, as I believe he called it, only because he made sure it was.

if i were axl i would do the same thing. the person/ persons who would wear a slash costume or shirt to a new GNR concert only want to piss off Axl and make a statement. a statement being like "this isnt GNR etc"

i didnt believe it at first but still Axl has good reason to do that. Any sonofabitch who would buy a 100 dollar or so ticket and wear a slash top hat must be a Grade A hater. If u think about it, it makes sense to stop it.

I'm sorry kid that you missed out on when GNR were truly the MOST DANGEROUS BAND IN THE WORLD and there were riots and things to worry about other than fans wearing fucking SLASH shirts.

Why doesn't Axl stop performing Slash songs if we can't wear his shirts into the shows?

get it right dude, slash never wrote a damn single GNR song, look at the fucking credits,(when IO say that there isnt a song that her wrote singularly alone that GNR play) get it right and stop poisoning people with your BS.

Who gives a fuckin shit if Slash singularly wrote the songs, do you think Axl was the sole writer of Coma? Wow, you take the Axl ball huggin to a new level on here. Now I see why you post so much on HTGTH.

I hate to tell you but in the eyes of the public, Slash will always be the guitarist for GNR not Finck,Bucket,Bumble (all of whom are great) or anyone else Axl hires.

You really make me laugh, tel slash to play those songs, Im sure Axl wont mind! You act as if I hte slash when I dont, I lived thru all incarnations, your a fool if you think I don't know the history. But you just get riled about slash. SO fucking tell slash to play the GNR songs, what you think he cant, he can get someone else to sing what you so desire, if Axl chooses not to sing it for you, wtf are you crying about,

Edited by jazjme

The bottom line is Axl could've had his revenge. Everything went his way. He successfully ousted all the old members and kept his huge brand name, he got Geffen to fund his new band to the tune of $13,000,000, and he was able to hire world class talent to fill out his new lineup. And he had ten years to put it all together. What did he accomplish with all of that? Maybe I can understand a little bit why he is so damn bitter. The man needs to lighten up and not try so hard. The making of the album was a nightmare, as I believe he called it, only because he made sure it was.

Very well said.