Ashba has really grown on me fast

lefecious

At first I wasn't happy about him joining the band, but DJ has really won me over. On the old songs he sounds the most like Slash, yet he's capable of doing so much more.

Bucket and Bumble are great guitarists but they could never manage to get Slash's old solos to sound right to me.

Not knocking them at all, because Slash couldn't sound like them either.... It's a talent that apparently only a few guitarists have, and DJ is one of them.

I'm officially impressed.

At first I wasn't happy about him joining the band, but DJ has really won me over. On the old songs he sounds the most like Slash, yet he's capable of doing so much more.

Bucket and Bumble are great guitarists but they could never manage to get Slash's old solos to sound right to me.

Not knocking them at all, because Slash couldn't sound like them either.... It's a talent that apparently only a few guitarists have, and DJ is one of them.

Did you mean Bucket and Robin? Bumble is still with us, and he's so much better than Robin on his worst day. Bucket was the most advanced, diverse, and interesting player. He did the solo's justice, but I sort of know what you mean by not giving the right feel to the original leads. The best way to describe it for me would be "too bubbly".

Yeah I really like DJ too, he was a fantastic pick. Seems like they all love him in camp too, good chemistry.

Yeah...

After the Taipei show, I thought he was a great pick as far as stage presence, attitude and tone was concerned but I wasn't too sure about his playing when it came to Robin's stuff.

Now I have to admit that after these last Canadian dates, I really love the guy.

Besides, I don't know if it's just because of him, or it is because the album was finally released, but the band seems to have a real chemistry. And that's really refreshing.

I couldn't say that about the 2002/2006/2007 lineups.

They look like they are having a lot of fun on stage.

So yeah, thanks DJ. :thumbsup:

Edited by The Glow Inc.

Yeah...

After the Taipei show, I thought he was a great pick as far as stage presence, attitude and tone was concerned but I wasn't too sure about his playing when it came to Robin's stuff.

Now I have to admit that after these last Canadian dates, I really love the guy.

Besides, I don't know if it's just because of him, or it is because the album was finally released, but the band seems to have a real chemistry. And that's really refreshing.

I couldn't say that about the 2002/2006/2007 lineups.

They look like they are having a lot of fun on stage.

So yeah, thanks DJ. :thumbsup:

This!!!

And I think Ashba is just getting better and better for each show. He's really impressed me! Can't wait until they hit Europe.....!

Axl loves him ... DJ gave peace to him!!!

look at min 3: 26

Loving how Axl is pushing him!! Haha.. Didn't see that yesterday when I watched the vid. Thanks! :D

better than finck? emotionally, no. technically, yes, still not more than an average guitarist not worthy being in a band like gnr. see TIL solos, i dont think ive heard more hilarious attempt to soloing, lol.

and also other songs, he just doesnt know how to bend notes and flow with the solo.

fortus (who is a much better guitarist in every way) should do all his solo spots and ashba should just play rhythm.

Ashba has very quickly gained my respect., he just seems to fit the band perfectly IMO.

Agree 100%. He's got the right stuff, and has earned my respect. He gives the crowd the tone and feel that they expect in a GNR song, which is something that has been missing, and shouldn't be taken lightly.

I looked at his signing with a huge dose of skepticism. I never imagined it would be such a positive move forward for the band.

WTF? How could Buckethead manage to get Slash's old solos to sound right to you ? He had never even tried, he play his own solos , and his "Nightrain" solos were mindblowing, and his KOHD solo had tons of blues feel....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bucket made them better. imo obviously. nightrain, its so easy, my michelle. awesomeness.

ashba is capturing slashs sound while also doing the same for robin. his better solo really impressed me.

Edited by Jackie Moon

When talking guitarists from the post 1993-era, my dream line up would be Bucket and Ashba on lead, with Fortus handling the rhythm guitar.

Although I have to say, BBF improved so much from 2006/07 to 2009/10, that the line up we have is killer, too. It's just that no one is as awesome as Bucket in my book.

I prefer Robin. I'm just glad he and Bucket wrote for Chinese Democracy 'cause if Axl would have an 'old school' guitarist like Ashba

write the music for Guns first release in more then 15 years, it would have probably sounded dated.

Robin had everything Axl needed to bring back Guns in a big way. Bucket's help was crucial too imho.

Sometimes I wonder how members here just can't see that Robin had great chemistry with Axl and Bucket...sound wise with Bucket and all around with Axl be it on stage or in the studio.

I also think Ashba is great but like I've said, I prefer Robin.

Edited by Rovim

Ron is my favorite guitarist so I am more than happy with this lineup. I actually feel more than happy with DJ, I was very happy when he was chosen(I like Beutiful Creatures) and then he played the show....I then got dissapointed again. When he made it to Canada though he gained my trust back.

Ashba is the best!!!! :wub:

lefecious ... haha!!! not the best guitarists in the world !!! :thumbsup:

Axl loves him ... DJ gave peace to him!!!

look at min 3: 26

That's the first time I've seen that video. It's f'n awesome. That band is so tight................amazing. Mad is also my fav on CD