This leg could use some spice

mrandyk

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point is that they don't seem to want to learn them. Nobody is saying for them to drop Jungle,NR,SCOM,etc. just to learn some other songs and mix it up.How sweet would it have been if each night of Hammerstein was an album performed in it's entirety and then a 2nd set of hits?

The point of this post is that you soooooo have no f'n clue what you are talking about, it's truly hilarious. Please tell me how you know they don't wanna learn those songs....

GNR would never take the time to learn the entire catalog.They like to play it safe.Check this set out for a band that keeps it fresh for themselves and their fans. Pearl Jam played a four night stand recently in Philly where they played four sold out shows with over 100 different songs played over those four nights. Now .I know GNR do not have as many songs as PJ but can you imagine if GNR played shows like this? Playing 2-3 different songs a night is not switching up the set,btw. THIS is switching up the set. GNR should know most of their material and be able to call songs out based on the vibe of the crowd.

Wachovia Spectrum Arena

Oct 27, 2009

Set 1

* Corduroy

* Whipping

* Hail, Hail

* Supersonic

* Dissident

* Unthought Known

* Faithfull

* Parachutes

* Unemployable

* Immortality

* Green Disease

* Not For You(Modern Girl)

* Rival

* Nothingman

* Ghost

* Do The Evolution

* Why Go

Encore 1

* Bee Girl

* Just Breathe

* The End

* All Those Yesterdays

* State Of Love And Trust

* Mankind

* The Fixer

* Go

Encore 2

* Daughter

* Love Reign O'er Me

* Black

* Leash

* Rearviewmirror

* Rockin' In The Free World

Wachovia Spectrum Arena

Oct 28, 2009

Set 1

* Animal

* All Night

* World Wide Suicide

* Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town

* I Am Mine

* Johnny Guitar

* Nothing As it Seems

* Gone

* Evacuation

* Even Flow

* Come Back

* No Way

* 1/2 Full

* Down

* Wishlist

* Grievance

* Given To Fly

* The Fixer

* Save You

Encore 1

* Just Breathe

* Lukin

* Speed of Sound

* Push Me, Pull Me

* Garden

* Blood

Encore 2

* Last Kiss

* Wasted Reprise

* Better Man(Save it for Later)

* The Real Me

* Porch

* Yellow Ledbetter(Little Wing)

Wachovia Spectrum Arena

Oct 30, 2009

Set 1

* Gonna See My Friend

* The Fixer

* In My Tree

* Given To Fly

* Tremor Christ

* Untitled

* MFC

* Hold On

* Unthought Known

* In Hiding

* Deep

* Habit

* Cropduster

* Off He Goes

* Force of Nature

* Present Tense

* Got Some

* Do The Evolution

Encore 1

* Just Breathe

* Parting Ways

* Jeremy

* Breath

* Light Years

* Rearviewmirror

Encore 2

* Whipping

* Crazy Mary

* Footsteps

* Once

* Alive

* Sonic Reducer

* Baba O'Riley

Oct 31, 2009

Set 1

* Why Go

* Last Exit

* Corduroy

* Severed Hand

* The Fixer

* Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town

* You Are

* Amongst The Waves

* Even Flow

* Pilate

* Unthought Known

* Daughter/Another Brick In The Wall

* Johnny Guitar

* Rats

* I'm Open

* I Got Id

* Glorified G

* Out of My Mind

* Black

* Insignificance

* Life Wasted

Encore 1

* Just Breathe

* The End

* Low Light

* Speed of Sound

* Jeremy

* Inside Job

* Bugs

* Spin The Black Circle

* Porch

Encore 2

* Whip It

* Got Some

* Crown Of Thorns

* Satan's Bed

* Sweet Lew

* Do The Evolution

* Better Man/Save it for Later

* Smile

* Alive

* Rockin' In The Free World

* Yellow Ledbetter

If GnR played completely different setlists every night you'd end up with a bunch of lesser known illusion tracks and the Spaghetti Incident being played. Something tells me that the fans wouldn't like that a great deal in most cases.

You need to bear in mind that most of the fans at the shows don't have a clue what setlist was played on the other nights. It's only repetitive to us because we keep an eye on every show. Imagine if you went to a show where they played none of the hits? The majority of those in attendance would go crazy and not in a good way.

i dont think anyone is saying they have to mix up the enitre setlist, obviously SCOM, WTTJ, PC, NR are staples in the setlist. Songs such as out ta get me can be trimmed from the setlist and songs such as civil war,dont cry or i would love 2 hear breakdown could b added n in its place. bottomline is this band could and should mix up 2 or 3 songs every couple shows just to add another element to the show.

Can't believe how you guys complain so much. Most of you really need to get laid.

I´m with you ... setlist is great

If you ask me a wish i´d ask for more illusions songs...

I'm fucking happy with how things are going.

If you ask me a wish I'd ask for no AFD or UYI songs. Just ChiDem plus Silkworms, Oh My God, and the asshole song dedicated to Saul "The Cancer" Slash.

Edited by RocketKing99

GNR would definitely sell more tickets and develop a bigger hardcore fanbase if they mixed up the setlists more. I've seen them seven times over the years and I would definitely have gone to more shows if they were putting just a couple little surprises in each one. I saw them once on the current tour based on the great shows they played in Japan. If they were still playing the 2006 set I wouldn't have bothered, and if they had been playing different UYI material at each show I would have seen them two or three times here in Canada instead of just once.

If you don't care about what songs they play, that's fine, but you should understand that there are many fans who really do care and decide on how many shows to go to based on that. That's why Pearl Jam can sell out pretty much any venue in the world and GNR can't come close. It's the hardcore fans who want to see every single song played and travel to each and every show to make it happen that makes the difference in ticket sales when you compare bands like GNR and PJ. If GNR wants the kind of fan support that is needed to sell out arenas across the US then they really need to earn it, and you can't do it by rotating through the same set of ~25 songs and leaving half of your catalogue permanently untouched.

GNR would definitely sell more tickets and develop a bigger hardcore fanbase if they mixed up the setlists more. I've seen them seven times over the years and I would definitely have gone to more shows if they were putting just a couple little surprises in each one. I saw them once on the current tour based on the great shows they played in Japan. If they were still playing the 2006 set I wouldn't have bothered, and if they had been playing different UYI material at each show I would have seen them two or three times here in Canada instead of just once.

If you don't care about what songs they play, that's fine, but you should understand that there are many fans who really do care and decide on how many shows to go to based on that. That's why Pearl Jam can sell out pretty much any venue in the world and GNR can't come close. It's the hardcore fans who want to see every single song played and travel to each and every show to make it happen that makes the difference in ticket sales when you compare bands like GNR and PJ. If GNR wants the kind of fan support that is needed to sell out arenas across the US then they really need to earn it, and you can't do it by rotating through the same set of ~25 songs and leaving half of your catalogue permanently untouched.

Oh no, please, not the Pearl Jam example again... :thumbsdown:

GNR is playing in Canada where the big cities are thousands of kilometers away from each other, it's winter, people don't travel much in the winter, so I see no reason for changing the setlist completely for the few fans who go to more than one show.

And GNR is interested in promoting Chi Dem stuff, so they gotta play as much from Chi Dem as possible.

I can't believe how much people complain, if they play too much from AFD or UYI "OH NO! COVER BAND!", if they play a good mix with a lot of Chi Dem "OH NO THEY SHOULD PLAY MORE UYI".

GNR is playing in Canada where the big cities are thousands of kilometers away from each other, it's winter, people don't travel much in the winter, so I see no reason for changing the setlist completely for the few fans who go to more than one show.

You still don't get it. Do you understand why there are only a "few fans" who go to more than one show? It's not because it's Winter and it's not because they need to drive hundreds of kilometers. It's because the songs played are 95%-100% the same each and every night of a given tour (Tokyo and Osaka being the only exceptions). I'm just one guy and I would have gone to at least two more shows on this tour alone. I know there are lots of other fans like me. We're talking about thousands or tens of thousands of additional ticket sales over the course of a tour. Pearl Jam have based their whole career on building that kind of fanbase and that's why they're so much more successful.

Bubba,try thinking for yourself ,instead of parroting what Axl says. If it weren't for Slash,this forum wouldn't even be here. I know you were probably in grade school when Slash quit but please show him the respect he deserves.

Most people that go to a GNR show have no clue who is the band so good luck to them if they ever played a set list like the one you suggested. They are there to hear classics and get drunk,for the most part.

--

The PJ example is spot on.He told you that that the reason PJ can sell out all of their shows in the US is not because they have new hit songs,it is that they vary the set list so much that fans see numerous shows.Now instead of bagging on PJ, try and dispute his point.Oh wait, you can't. Maybe if GNR would take that approach,their ticket sales would be better in the US outside of markets like NYC and LA.

Lol. Ok. So if it weren't for Slash this forum wouldn't exist? If it weren't for Axl Rose Slash would've never been in a band called Guns N' Roses. He would probably be dead by now from an OD or still selling clocks.

I went to two shows in this tour and they played a couple different songs, and fuck, I do want to hear the same songs twice too. You know, 99% of the people who go see a GNR show do not go into mygnrforum.com to check the setlist from the previous shows.

The reason PJ can sellout all of their shows in the US is because they are more popular than GNR and tix are way cheaper.

You still don't get it. Do you understand why there are only a "few fans" who go to more than one show? It's not because it's Winter and it's not because they need to drive hundreds of kilometers. It's because the songs played are 95%-100% the same each and every night of a given tour (Tokyo and Osaka being the only exceptions). I'm just one guy and I would have gone to at least two more shows on this tour alone. I know there are lots of other fans like me. We're talking about thousands or tens of thousands of additional ticket sales over the course of a tour. Pearl Jam have based their whole career on building that kind of fanbase and that's why they're so much more successful.

-You still don't get it

-I know a lot of fans who went to more than one show

-I would have gone to more than 2 shows, but you know, I gotta work too

-"I know there are lots of other fans like me" :rolleyes:

-"We're talking about thousands or tens of thousands of additional ticket sales over the course of a tour." :rolleyes: FYI most of the shows were almost sold-out

-"Pearl Jam have based their whole career on building that kind of fanbase and that's why they're so much more successful" Success is relative. Can PJ fill 5 soccer stadiums in South America?

Can't believe how you guys complain so much. Most of you really need to get laid.

I´m with you ... setlist is great

If you ask me a wish i´d ask for more illusions songs...

I'm fucking happy with how things are going.

If you ask me a wish I'd ask for no AFD or UYI songs. Just ChiDem plus Silkworms, Oh My God, and the asshole song dedicated to Saul "The Cancer" Slash.

Bubba,try thinking for yourself ,instead of parroting what Axl says. If it weren't for Slash,this forum wouldn't even be here. I know you were probably in grade school when Slash quit but please show him the respect he deserves.

Most people that go to a GNR show have no clue who is the band so good luck to them if they ever played a set list like the one you suggested. They are there to hear classics and get drunk,for the most part.

Oh no, please, not the Pearl Jam example again... :thumbsdown:

And GNR is interested in promoting Chi Dem stuff, so they gotta play as much from Chi Dem as possible.

I can't believe how much people complain, if they play too much from AFD or UYI "OH NO! COVER BAND!", if they play a good mix with a lot of Chi Dem "OH NO THEY SHOULD PLAY MORE UYI".

The PJ example is spot on.He told you that that the reason PJ can sell out all of their shows in the US is not because they have new hit songs,it is that they vary the set list so much that fans see numerous shows.Now instead of bagging on PJ, try and dispute his point.Oh wait, you can't. Maybe if GNR would take that approach,their ticket sales would be better in the US outside of markets like NYC and LA.

Right on!! everyone wins.

-You still don't get it

-I know a lot of fans who went to more than one show

-I would have gone to more than 2 shows, but you know, I gotta work too

-"I know there are lots of other fans like me" :rolleyes:

-"We're talking about thousands or tens of thousands of additional ticket sales over the course of a tour." :rolleyes: FYI most of the shows were almost sold-out

-"Pearl Jam have based their whole career on building that kind of fanbase and that's why they're so much more successful" Success is relative. Can PJ fill 5 soccer stadiums in South America?

Sounds like you're agreeing with pretty much everything I said.