Is this quote really from Axl?

-Anti-

I think it's actually from Bumble, it's from some interview from before this tour.

Bumble?! what the hell are you guys talking about? it's from Making Fuckin' Videos - Estranged as far as I'm concerned =/

Negative Ghostrider. I just watched that and don't recall him saying that.

I think it's actually from Bumble, it's from some interview from before this tour.

It's a fairly old quote, I think, so I'm not so sure about the time frame you gave.

Edited by -Anti-

Bumble?! what the hell are you guys talking about? it's from Making Fuckin' Videos - Estranged as far as I'm concerned =/

huh.. thought it was when he was playing with that dolphin.. been years since I watched it though just heard this quote so many times on here and always figured it was from that video

It's a fairly old quote, I think, so I'm not so sure about the time frame you gave.

I can't remember the exact time but it does feel pre tour. But I'm fairly positive it was Ron talking about a trip, or atleast something along those lines.

I have a book called GUNS N ROSES - in their own words. which I had as a christmas present in 1993. Im pretty sure it was in there. It definately was an Axl quote.

This sounds promising. Not that I don't believe you, but do you still have the book?

I have a book called GUNS N ROSES - in their own words. which I had as a christmas present in 1993. Im pretty sure it was in there. It definately was an Axl quote.

This sounds promising. Not that I don't believe you, but do you still have the book?

I read that book I think. Fuck I loved that book. It was very close to an autobiography. It talked more about pre-illusions but it was a wild book. the Guns N' Roses documentry on the Biography Channel was based on it I think. It had a lot of parts written by management. it wasn't authorized tho. I bought it at Sunrise Records around the time the Illusions albums came out. Still don't remember the quote tho.

I read that book I think. Fuck I loved that book. It was very close to an autobiography. It talked more about pre-illusions but it was a wild book. the Guns N' Roses documentry on the Biography Channel was based on it I think. It had a lot of parts written by management. it wasn't authorized tho. I bought it at Sunrise Records around the time the Illusions albums came out. Still don't remember the quote tho.

I dont still have it but it was a book made up of quotes from the band from 1985-The start of the Illusions tour.

Looks like its out of print now though

http://www.amazon.com/Guns-Roses-Their-Own-Words/dp/9993281719

I dont still have it but it was a book made up of quotes from the band from 1985-The start of the Illusions tour.

Nope that's a different book. Now I gotta search for it online.

th_DSC01013.jpg

Well, Not saying it's not in there, but I can't seem to find it, feel free to correct me though...

Still, some interesting quotes in there:

"If I was going to die, It would have to be because the stage collapsed, or a lighting truss fell on me or something. I'd hate to go out because of self pity." Slash - 1991

"My favorite cartoon characters are Metallica, and Slash" Axl - 1989

"Steven (Adler) is scared to death of me. If he sees me in public, he just turns into a grovelling heap of defeatism" Slash - 1992

But, only the pic's have listed sources, the quotes are attributed to years, and thats it, no info on where, or who what was said to....

Make up your mind spunko! You either have it, or you don't have it! Unless of course you disposed of it in that 19mins! :shrugs: lol!

edit: back on topic, it's attributed to Kevin James over Here: but I don't think thats a credible source?...

Edited by DvntJester

Kevin James said it in an episode of King of Queens years ago.

"I discovered I scream the same way whether I'm about to be devoured by a Great White or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot."

As for Axl saying it, I don't know. It's possible that James lifted it from him, or vice versa, but it could also be a wrongly attributed quote to Axl.