• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Image from Eric(Admin):

3500yvl.jpg says seats are blue plastic not wood

too early to tell if the place will sell out. upper bowl is empty. lol @ wooden chairs

too early? shouldn't it be showtime???

shows seem to be starting later. maybe because the next two are an hour ahead meaning GNR won't hit the stage til close to 12am (11pm EDT)

Image from Eric(Admin):

3500yvl.jpg says seats are blue plastic not wood

too early to tell if the place will sell out. upper bowl is empty. lol @ wooden chairs

too early? shouldn't it be showtime???

shows seem to be starting later. maybe because the next two are an hour ahead meaning GNR won't hit the stage til close to 12am (11pm EDT)

yeah...um, that is right now.

honestly, on a Monday night with work the next day, I would be getting a little pissed at the late starts.

honestly, on a Monday night with work the next day, I would be getting a little pissed at the late starts.

then dont buy a ticket if you cant take a day off, i always take the next day off...

....by the way what ever happened to rock n' roll all night party everyday?

Edit: the crowd are doing the wave seems to me that they are having good time, why members here that are not there figure they are owed something is beyond me, I mean I have to go to bed soon but that dont mean I am pissed about late start fuck I can read the setlist in AM

Edited by gunsguy

I know but that pic was taken around 9:45pm I assume. The upper bowl would be more full then that cuz it takes time to get up there. I'm sure the seats are sold, but probably to scalpers just like Toronto. There were people sitting on the stairs in the ailes of the upper bowl it was that packed by 1am it started to clear out tho. I assume "Bubbles on board" means Liquor and Whores tonight!!! He's probably with Axl til Halifax, where he lives

then dont buy a ticket if you cant take a day off, i always take the next day off...

just saying the people that grew up with GN'R are now 30+ years old with responsibilities. Sure, we still like the idea of Rock N' Roll all night, kick ass, whatever. Much easier to do on a weekend, but 6am comes awful early on a Tuesday and taking the next day off is not always feasible. No other bands from that era pull this stuff - just kinda aggravating.

just saying the people that grew up with GN'R are now 30+ years old with responsibilities. Sure, we still like the idea of Rock N' Roll all night, kick ass, whatever. Much easier to do on a weekend, but 6am comes awful early on a Tuesday and taking the next day off is not always feasible. No other bands from that era pull this stuff - just kinda aggravating.

They could just not tour at all.

You said it dude no other band from that era, well when I look there is no other band from that era around, even if I go a predictable concert I always take next day off or I pass it up have many times, I am older than you think and taking a sick day or vacation day is not a big deal really. I just find the crowds are ok why do forum members complain about it?

Edit: you think its feasable for the band to only play friday and saturday nights then? come on now

Edited by gunsguy

You're responsibility is to call the absence line at your work the next morning. It's quite simple really. If u'll get in shit for missing one day... Guess what? Ya shouldn't buy a ticket!!!

Costs go up when you book an event on a Friday or Saturday. Not to mention, curfews go into effect in most places. I'm a DJ I know. If a club wants to book me on a F or S. they always try to pay less because it costs more to operate then say Thursday or Sunday. U do get bigger turnouts on weekends tho.

Edited by MicEffecT

take a coffee ot two + red bull and your are fine for work Bid Deal. Sometimes I have a lot of work and sleep like 4 hours a day whole week and take it so I don't see a problem with taking few coffes/red bulls/ guarana to have a blast during night and be in good shape next day.

Absolutly right !!

I also took the thursday off for the Montreal's concert ! Went to to hotel room at 4am 'cause I went out on crescent's street with amercian people I meet after she show ! Even friday, I was hang over, I mean, when my girlfriend saw me last friday night, she never seen me in this crapy conditions !

But, I didn't take any vacation of sick leave, just on my own ! The souvenirs I have are priceless !! I was really close to jump in my car this evening and go at the Quebec's concert but my girlfriend remindes me that I've my rent to pay on this feb 1st !! :thumbsdown:

Hope Eric is having fun....again !!! lol !

Take care !!

Edited by Sratchy

You definitely make a valid point.

And the fact that Axl did start the first few shows before 11 shows it can be done.

Speaking of which - it's now 11:16 and no sign of the band?

Axl shouldn't be surprised or upset if the reviews start getting negative.. It's a shame too because the shows are great and he got great reviews in the first leg when he started the show at a decent hour.

You definitely make a valid point.

And the fact that Axl did start the first few shows before 11 shows it can be done.

Speaking of which - it's now 11:16 and no sign of the band?

Axl shouldn't be surprised or upset if the reviews start getting negative.. It's a shame too because the shows are great and he got great reviews in the first leg when he started the show at a decent hour.

Guys please read my last post lol they are already on stage, and the crowd is crazy FYI

edit: although I agree some preppy punk reviewing the show is up way past his bedtime and hates GNR anyway may have an issue but anyone of us that knows guns knows that the press are bottom feeders anyway and like to play games with everyone to make things sound worse than they are, if the crowd is happy why are we not?????

apparently the intro used was from Star Wars?

Edited by gunsguy

Starting this late does suck. The people at these shows are dead tired when Axl hits the stage. Everyone there wants to have a good time but when your body is used to going to bed at the time the band is coming on that is a little ridiculous. Axl needs to grow up a bit. He should print show starts at 11 PM if that is when he goes on. Let's see how many people buy tickets with upfront advertising. If Axl wants to act like a club band that is where he should play.

we are! rock3:thumbsup:

I sure am they are giving the crowds killer shows, even if the press dont like it, I have seen alot of shows over the years and these ones are top, I hope everyone here can find a way to get to one in the US IF they announce them. "Late" maybe but defiantly worth it!