Any love for US in the works?

Snowmass

Ottowa, Hamilton, Toronto, Montreal and Quebec are all less than 50 miles away from the US border. Isn't that near enough?

I don't really feel like driving 9 hours and crossing the Canadian border just to see GNR.

I drove 11 hours from Kentucky to Hamilton, I would see them again if i could work it in. They will tour the US, they have data from the last tour to see where the money is. If the word gets out what they are doing on tour they will do well anywhere, if my wife enjoyed the show anybody will. Trouble is they dont get a buzz. If i didn't keep up with this G N R i would never hear what was going on. Like when ACDC toured we new months before they were coming close, it was everywhere TV, Radio Ect..

Edited by jguns

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

........Yet other artists (hip hop), movie theaters, and sporting events are still selling out.

I haven't heard of hip hop artists selling out stadiums - or even arenas for that matter - in the past year. Not sure what city or country you're in.

As for movie theater tickets - they cost less than $15 a pop - a fraction of what concert tickets cost. So, it's not surprising that they're selling well in the recession.

........Yet other artists (hip hop), movie theaters, and sporting events are still selling out.

I haven't heard of hip hop artists selling out stadiums - or even arenas for that matter - in the past year. Not sure what city or country you're in.

As for movie theater tickets - they cost less than $15 a pop - a fraction of what concert tickets cost. So, it's not surprising that they're selling well in the recession.

i would have to agree $15 for a movie does not compare with $80-$100 for concert +++ etc...

I mean wtf your Axl Rose get shit done and stop blaming management!!! All of '10 should have been announced by now.

That's pretty much it right there. Enough moaning and excuses already. If Brett fucking Michaels can tour, Axl needs to man the fuck up and show the world he still has some balls and tour like a motherfucker.

Well, in fairness to Axl, the U.S. is in the midst of a really bad recession right now. So, I can understand if he might want to wait until the economy recovers a bit to ensure people have the cash to buy tickets. Just a thought.

Or - maybe promoters are waiting to see how the Canadian tour goes before signing up. Who knows.

I think just not charging an arm and a leg for tickets would help if they're worried about people being able to afford it. I highly doubt waiting until the fall will make that much difference in the current economic situation.

They will go where the money is

The promoters in Asia, Canada and South America have put up the money to secure concerts. When US promoters come through they will play the US. It is fairly simple: they are going to markets where they are most heavily in demand. GNR and rock in general are not as popular right now in the US (relatively speaking) as they are in Asia, Canada, SA, Europe, etc. so it shouldn't be surprising that the US is not the first destination for the tour

Edited by shotgunblues1978

GNR an still play the US and have a successful tour. They don't have to overbook it either. They can play the major markets and also play small but intimate gigs to in addition to arenas. The US has over 300 million people and there will be people that want to see the band.

I would like to see the band tour Europe in the summer and then see what happens from there and take a small break. I can see South America being very popular by demand and a return imminent.

If T here is the US tour I would like to see it with visits to Canada and Mexico. If there is a a return leg to South America I can see NZ, Oz and Asia added. This will be a long tour over two years with healthy breaks. GNR does not have necessarily have to avoid the US but may not get the money guarantees it had previously add. It can still be profitable and good for the band.

As long as they are out doing it.. I don't care where they play, what size of venue or what crowd. I just want them out there showing their worth and talent. They deserve it as being locked up in a studio or dealing with various legal issues for me justifies a long tour. These incredible players deserve it. They will meet and make a lot of new fans. Montreal convinced me of that.

Any rumors or facts at all regarding US dates? Vegas? NYC? LA? Chicago? Anywhere would be great please. I can't handle reading about these kick ass shows with no US dates on horizon. WTF

Ya I couldn't handle reading about the awesome shows either, so I flew my ASS to Canada & saw 2 of them! That was just a teaser for me. Can't fucking wait for US Tour Now.

I guess this summer would make sense after maybe month or so off after South America. Heard something bout them doing Europe next tho, so maybe Late Summer/ Fall?

This is so gay, why is everything so difficult with this band? I mean wtf your Axl Rose get shit done and stop blaming management!!! All of '10 should have been announced by now.

Wrong. Not all bands book a year ahead. GNR just announced April so chill

Any rumors or facts at all regarding US dates? Vegas? NYC? LA? Chicago? Anywhere would be great please. I can't handle reading about these kick ass shows with no US dates on horizon. WTF

Ya I couldn't handle reading about the awesome shows either, so I flew my ASS to Canada & saw 2 of them! That was just a teaser for me. Can't fucking wait for US Tour Now.

I guess this summer would make sense after maybe month or so off after South America. Heard something bout them doing Europe next tho, so maybe Late Summer/ Fall?

This is so gay, why is everything so difficult with this band? I mean wtf your Axl Rose get shit done and stop blaming management!!! All of '10 should have been announced by now.

Well I use Metallica as my benchmark because they do everything right and they had their '09 dates announced a year in advance, tickets on sale about 6 mos prior to the show. Say what you will about them, they have their shit together. None of this 5-6 city tour schedules.

Well I use Metallica as my benchmark because they do everything right and they had their '09 dates announced a year in advance, tickets on sale about 6 mos prior to the show. Say what you will about them, they have their shit together. None of this 5-6 city tour schedules.

Pretty sure in 06' the dates were a lot more "in advance" I know I had a month or two to get my ticket at least. But hey, let's try and find a way to critisize the band even when it's something so trivial like how and when they book venues.

Edited by MoonWalker

You could look at it like that sure, or you can see it how they do 6 month advance ticket sales? That is alot of money and INTEREST built in the time from when you buy the ticket till show day, if you ask me its just another way to get more money, but that is my opinion, I prefer not a long wait after ticket bought then someone making alot of money for nothing...

I mean wtf your Axl Rose get shit done and stop blaming management!!! All of '10 should have been announced by now.

That's pretty much it right there. Enough moaning and excuses already. If Brett fucking Michaels can tour, Axl needs to man the fuck up and show the world he still has some balls and tour like a motherfucker.

Well, in fairness to Axl, the U.S. is in the midst of a really bad recession right now. So, I can understand if he might want to wait until the economy recovers a bit to ensure people have the cash to buy tickets. Just a thought.

Or - maybe promoters are waiting to see how the Canadian tour goes before signing up. Who knows.

Yeah, but I guess I don't get why it has to be arenas or bust for Axl. A theater tour ala NIN and VR would create tons of buzz and be very successful even in this economy.

Why deny all the fans in the states who bought Chinese Democracy and have always supported this band just because you can't sell out arenas? Just seems kinda egotistical to me. :shrugs:

Axl likes the big stage show. Can't do that in smaller venues.

Yeah...But he can't do that in the states anymore. At least not just by announcing them with zero interviews, videos, singles, God anything to promote him and his band. You just can't do that. So he has 3 choices: Play to half filled arenas, Sell out theaters, or just not tour the states at all. He's chosen the latter. I just find that kinda lame.

Axl likes the big stage show. Can't do that in smaller venues.

Yeah...But he can't do that in the states anymore. At least not just by announcing them with zero interviews, videos, singles, God anything to promote him and his band. You just can't do that. So he has 3 choices: Play to half filled arenas, Sell out theaters, or just not tour the states at all. He's chosen the latter. I just find that kinda lame.

Relax, man. He hasn't chosen the latter yet. He's touring Asia and South America and Canada, because he wanted to. That doesn't mean he forget about us. Frank said the band is hoping to tour the US in late Summer. So most likely, they will be touring here from September-December, like they ALWAYS do.

We have a whole year ahead of us. South America in March-early April. Europe in probably late May-July. Then the US I assume.

Axl likes the big stage show.

Even when they"re half full? I gotta say its probably pretty humbling to look out and remember what it was like during UYI, with people packed up to the rafters and now to see half the seats and floor empty. I wonder if he realizes that he fucked up? Maybe he doesn't care and feels 'free' now. He's starting over and part of that requires re-peaking the interest of people who've long forgotten about him and smaller venues are a way to do that. But what a surprise, his stupid fucking ego gets in the way.

Axl likes the big stage show.

Even when they"re half full? I gotta say its probably pretty humbling to look out and remember what it was like during UYI, with people packed up to the rafters and now to see half the seats and floor empty. I wonder if he realizes that he fucked up? Maybe he doesn't care and feels 'free' now. He's starting over and part of that requires re-peaking the interest of people who've long forgotten about him and smaller venues are a way to do that. But what a surprise, his stupid fucking ego gets in the way.

I'm beginning to think that Axl would opt for arenas even if he knew only 2 people would show up. Hell, maybe that's caused the problems with management. How do you reason with a man who just can't be reasoned with? No matter how "pro" you are, some people just cant be managed.

Edited by sofine11

All I can say is we US fans can hope that possibly since the GNR tour seems to be going well, that Axl decides to grant the US a tour. Awhile back, one of the rock stations in Dallas mentioned the GNR tour when it was starting in Asia and they all agreed it was Axl's call on whether or not to show and actually do the tour.

I'm puzzled as to why Axl doesn't do a full US tour? I can only assume it's because GNR won't sell out large venues and maybe that's what Axl wants. I don't think it's fair since Dallas has many venues all different sizes as I'm sure many US cities do. Maybe Axl would consider doing a summer festival type tour, so GNR won't be the only headliner and they won't have to do a whole hour or more a night?

There are plenty of tours coming to Dallas this year and it's only February. If Axl and GNR decide to actually tour the US and they do a show in Dallas, I will definitely get tickets, but I'm not going to dwell on whether it's a go or not. Luckily for me, many of my favorite bands are touring this year and making new music, so I'm good.

All I can say is we US fans can hope that possibly since the GNR tour seems to be going well, that Axl decides to grant the US a tour. Awhile back, one of the rock stations in Dallas mentioned the GNR tour when it was starting in Asia and they all agreed it was Axl's call on whether or not to show and actually do the tour.

I'm puzzled as to why Axl doesn't do a full US tour? I can only assume it's because GNR won't sell out large venues and maybe that's what Axl wants. I don't think it's fair since Dallas has many venues all different sizes as I'm sure many US cities do. Maybe Axl would consider doing a summer festival type tour, so GNR won't be the only headliner and they won't have to do a whole hour or more a night?

There are plenty of tours coming to Dallas this year and it's only February. If Axl and GNR decide to actually tour the US and they do a show in Dallas, I will definitely get tickets, but I'm not going to dwell on whether it's a go or not. Luckily for me, many of my favorite bands are touring this year and making new music, so I'm good.

There's just not alot of demand, as you've mentioned. Arenas are too big, clubs are too small...its that 5-6k area which hits the mark yet no venues are that size. they're either 12k or 2k

I really can't comprehend all these "why won't they tour the US" questions given that their touring schedule has been finalized. They very well may tour the US, it's just that a tour has not been finalized yet. There's a difference between not doing something and not doing something yet.

Ali

There's just not alot of demand, as you've mentioned. Arenas are too big, clubs are too small...its that 5-6k area which hits the mark yet no venues are that size. they're either 12k or 2k

How is demand estimated? Is it soley based on album sales? This and some other criteria? :question: I should think the huge success in Asia and Canada would drive up interest and "demand" in the US, if there was any question in the first place, -- and in turn the US would be BEGGING for them to come (however, I may be biased) - - but how do they go about measuring this?

...all I know is, I cannot wait - but I must - but I don't wanna do it.....

Edited grammar error and for clarity

Edited by innocuous1

The U.S. are greedy fucks and they are so negative why would Axl go there when theres so much love everywhere else...doesnt make sense to me...the crowd throws shit at em they are dicks i hope he doesnt do a tour in the U.S...I saw em in toronto last month and the band kicked serious ass..Axl sounded better then ive ever heard him...and you American pricks would probobly still talk shit about his voice...hes older now he doesnt want to deal with your bullshit...i met him backstage in Toronto and he was talking about that... he said Canada is amazing...I hope he comes back here instead of America...

How is demand estimated? Is it soley based on album sales? This and some other criteria? :question: I should think the huge success in Asia and Canada would drive up interest and "demand" in the US, if there was any question in the first place, -- and in turn the US would be BEGGING for them to come (however, I may be biased) - - but how do they go about measuring this?

...all I know is, I cannot wait - but I must - but I don't wanna do it.....

Edited grammar error and for clarity

Umm, how about the tour in '06 had piss poor attendance? And nothing else has changed except a hush hush release of an average album that hasn't been promoted? There's no demand for GNR in the US or the world, which is why they don't have good attendance anywhere.