Slayer drummer mentions Axl

Lethal Weapon

Well, aren't they special! Dumb shits. At least Axl has a good voice and is attractive to look at. All those Slayer members are ugly and who would notice if their singer couldn't sing or not? lol

And most importantly no one has killed themselves or sacrificed anyone or any animals to GNR songs unlike some Slayer songs.

I wouldn't throw stones, Slayer.

Cho Seung-Hui, the Virginia Tech Killer would disagree with you.

Why was he a fan of GNR's music? whatever. I don't actually agree that music makes people kill or kill themselves, but since I don't like Slayer, I just thought I'd throw that out there. lol

People kill people because that's just how some sick sons of bitches are. I don't believe that music, movies or tv cause people to lose it and kill. It's in their nature. I just wish these sick fucks would just kill themselves and leave the innocents alone. Too many innocent people and animals get caught up in some sickos problems and fantasies. It makes me sick.

He wrote a short play called Mr Brownstone, and some other stuff linking that song to his justification. Wasn't Shackler's partly written about him as well?

Yep.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how people compare themselves to Axl and try to make him look bad when they're nowhere even close to his league.

Fail.

You know, some people outside of the US and Canada are not so spoilt by rock stars' attention or the lack thereof. So for many people, Slayer and GN'R are in the same league and Slayer is as legendary as GN'R, and Kerry King is as much of a rock star as Slash etc.

How was your trip?

Funny how people compare themselves to Axl and try to make him look bad when they're nowhere even close to his league.

Fail.

You know, some people outside of the US and Canada are not so spoilt by rock stars' attention or the lack thereof. So for many people, Slayer and GN'R are in the same league and Slayer is as legendary as GN'R, and Kerry King is as much of a rock star as Slash etc.

How was your trip?

I don't know about that. Kerry King ain't exactly a household name, Slash is. And even if Slash isn't, just say "the guitarist who wears the top hat". Sweet Child O' Mine is the real deciding factor here. You see Slash all over the place. Obviously I'm going to be slightly biased, but I've only ever heard of one Slayer song and couldn't tell you any of the band member's names. I guarantee you most people would be able to tell you one or more Guns N' Roses songs, and probably name Slash or Axl.

Fail.

How was your trip?

I don't know about that. Kerry King ain't exactly a household name, Slash is. And even if Slash isn't, just say "the guitarist who wears the top hat". Sweet Child O' Mine is the real deciding factor here. You see Slash all over the place. Obviously I'm going to be slightly biased, but I've only ever heard of one Slayer song and couldn't tell you any of the band member's names. I guarantee you most people would be able to tell you one or more Guns N' Roses songs, and probably name Slash or Axl.

Are you joking? Similarly, just say "the baldheaded guitarist who plays BC Rich King V, has a huge beard and tattoos all over his head and arms"... Anyways, this is an argument over nothing. Slayer's a legendary band and those guys are profoundly respected within the rock community. But to prove one of us worng, another one has to conduct a poll. I'm not gonna do this, are you? Sure they didn't write Sweet Child O' Mine, but they've got their piece of fame. Edited by Scumcat Esq.

Like slayer but what does that mean? GNR are not physical? Too many drugs have warped his mind clearly he has never seen guns, Axl does not stand in one spot all night

not only that but is he also implying that Slayer's music has had more musical lasting power than GNR, because Axl has cancelled shows and run off stage? do i even need to go into detail on how many ways thats just wrong?

The guy didn't say anything that's not true. However, I agree with an earlier poster who said the guy is jealous of Axl's success. The remark reminds me of the comment Bon Jovi made when Axl's leaked tracks were getting so much attention. Bon Jovi resented the attention Axl was getting and pointed out how he was putting out albums all the time and Axl wasn't. So, I think this guy is just a bit jealous of Axl.

You know its makes alot of sense too what you said, its no different than any workplace, if one guy does nothing for a long time and yur working your ass off getting the same $ you would be jealous, after all your working your ass off...

...go's to show you no matter what happens there is and always have been a fan base behind Axl, no matter how long he is gone people may not pack the arenas but dammit they are still there and other artists are dumbfounded~!

Slightly off-topic, but "Reign in Blood" is an awesome album.

I think it's alright. If you haven't given them a listen, I suggest their first two albums over that one. Reign In Blood is where they really got to the sound that they have today (though I heard nothing from them has been worth getting since), but the first two are more raw, in-your-face Speed Metal albums.

Whoah, he's really tough.

:rofl-lol:

The guy didn't say anything that's not true. However, I agree with an earlier poster who said the guy is jealous of Axl's success. The remark reminds me of the comment Bon Jovi made when Axl's leaked tracks were getting so much attention. Bon Jovi resented the attention Axl was getting and pointed out how he was putting out albums all the time and Axl wasn't. So, I think this guy is just a bit jealous of Axl.

You know its makes alot of sense too what you said, its no different than any workplace, if one guy does nothing for a long time and yur working your ass off getting the same $ you would be jealous, after all your working your ass off...

...go's to show you no matter what happens there is and always have been a fan base behind Axl, no matter how long he is gone people may not pack the arenas but dammit they are still there and other artists are dumbfounded~!

Soo true.

Eh not really that big of a deal to me. I love Slayer and respect them as a band, and I love Gn'R more, but everyone has the right to their own opinion. If Slayer felt like bashing Axl, oh well, thats how they feel. Doesn't mean I don't like their music or anything. I'm sure there are plenty of bands I like that don't like Gn'r, just like most of my friends dont' like gn'r/make fun of me for being a super fanatic. They're still my friends though idc.

But the question remains. Why Slayer, a big band, need to mention Axl about their touring history and how good they trested the fans?

Perhaps because this "big" band Slayer is jealous that Axl is even bigger, despite having the audacity to not kiss ass or suck up to his fans.

Just a thought.

if you honestly believe this i can only assume you are deranged

This is just a comment he made in reference to some other shit going on with his band, I doubt he ever thought twice about it. It gets posted here and everyone thinks his intentions were to put down Axl when really he was just making a point totally unrelated to GNR. jealousy has NOTHING to do with this :lol:

some of you guys are too damn sensitive, ffs

Dave Lombardo is not the one who has been good and consistent to his band,

Basically he nearly tore Slayer apart being a little pricky primadonna..

you're relating a comment made by the drummer from SLAYER to BON JOVI

think that over...

this has fuck all to do with jealousy, its just a quick comment used to make a point. Slayer doesn't give a shit about success or money or how much other artists have it, they hate that kinda stuff, they're a metal band for cryin out loud

I assure you I'm nowhere near deranged, although I have been called a little crazy by friends from time to time. :lol:

What this idiot says directly relates to Axl - let me remind you:

It's not Axl Rose throwing a hissy fit and not doing a show.

Rude, yes. Petty, yes. Inconsequential to what he's talking about, yes. Jealous, YES.

Fail.

How was your trip?

I don't see how this has anything to do w/ North Americans being spoiled by "rock stars' attention." No matter who pays attention to who, GN'R & Axl are way up there in comparison to not only Slayer but tons of other performers as well. Whether someone likes GN'R/Axl or not, no one can deny their unsurpassed impact on the music industry and music in general and their legendary status.

Haha, and thanks for asking - my trip was GREAT! :D

Fail.

How was your trip?

Are you joking? Similarly, just say "the baldheaded guitarist who plays BC Rich King V, has a huge beard and tattoos all over his head and arms"... Anyways, this is an argument over nothing. Slayer's a legendary band and those guys are profoundly respected within the rock community. But to prove one of us worng, another one has to conduct a poll. I'm not gonna do this, are you? Sure they didn't write Sweet Child O' Mine, but they've got their piece of fame.

Even that rings no bells for me, and I still have no idea who you're talking about. I guess I've just never paid any attention to Slayer at all, not my thing. I've obviously heard of the band, I'm not doubting that they're legandary and have their place in history, but I'm just saying they ain't had as mainstream a success as Guns N' Roses did. I've no interest in a poll, but if you did go around and ask people if they know who Kerry King is, or Slash, the latter would come out on top. I ain't denying Slayer their place in history.

I don't see how this has anything to do w/ North Americans being spoiled by "rock stars' attention." No matter who pays attention to who, GN'R & Axl are way up there in comparison to not only Slayer but tons of other performers as well. Whether someone likes GN'R/Axl or not, no one can deny their unsurpassed impact on the music industry and music in general and their legendary status.

It is a matter of perception. Fortunately, there are a shitload of awesome bands in the United States of America that are either pioneers (like Slayer) or perfect products of evolution (like GN'R). For many people outside North America, they're a part of the respective culture. When they live right in your back yard and you have an opportunity to see them on tour several times a year, as opposed to hardly seeing them once in a lifetime, you're unlikely to be able to take a step back and view them from another perspective. Sometimes people don't care about the amount of air time on a music TV channel, the number of number-one hits and the fact that singing about wars, concentration camps, murders and demons is less appealing to the general public and doesn't make you want to throw your panties at the stage.

Could you please elaborate on their (GN'R) unsurpassed impact on the music industry and music in general?

And thanks for answering! :)

It is a matter of perception. Fortunately, there are a shitload of awesome bands in the United States of America that are either pioneers (like Slayer) or perfect products of evolution (like GN'R). For many people outside North America, they're a part of the respective culture. When they live right in your back yard and you have an opportunity to see them on tour several times a year, as opposed to hardly seeing them once in a lifetime, you're unlikely to be able to take a step back and view them from another perspective. Sometimes people don't care about the amount of air time on a music TV channel, the number of number-one hits and the fact that singing about wars, concentration camps, murders and demons is less appealing to the general public and doesn't make you want to throw your panties at the stage.

Could you please elaborate on their (GN'R) unsurpassed impact on the music industry and music in general?

And thanks for answering! :)

Slayer ain't pioneers and personnally I don't give a shit about their crappy music. Fact is, I had never heard of them until recently, whereas I have heard from GNR millions times before (and I've only been a fan until CD came out). GNR have that aura that no other band has. You see, over here in Europe, almost everybody has forgotten about GNR, YET, if you draw a red headed guy with a bandana, everybody will say "that singer fro Guns N' Roses", or a guitarist with a top hat? "Slash". Let them hear Sweet Child O' Mine, Don't Cry or You could be mine, everybody will say "hey i love that song, who is that?". "Oh of course Guns N' Roses". Very few bands in history have left that kind of mark and you know why? It's because GNR are LEGENDARY. Slayer are nowhere near that, and it's not only a question of popularity, it's a matter of good music. Had GNR not split,they'd be the biggest band on the planet up to that day. It's really remarquable that so many people still know them after all that time and all the shitty bands that are drowning radios. Slayer definitely are not much to my ears, and I don't care about underground people who like this kind of garbage, if you want to say that Slayer are better than GNR and that Axl Rose has cancelled shows and is a sissy, move on a different forum.

...Oh baby, pretty baby

Oh honey, you let me down honey...

Everything you said tells nothing of these two bands, Axl or people that may surprisingly like both bands. It tells something of you.

I didn't mean people like you in my most recent post in this topic, definitely. And I figure you haven't heard of the Big Four either. In case you haven't, this term designates four underground metal bands from the USA, but they are so little known in the EU and their influence and contribution to music are so minor that we can consider them as negligible.

Slayer definitely are not much to my ears, and I don't care about underground people who like this kind of garbage, if you want to say that Slayer are better than GNR and that Axl Rose has cancelled shows and is a sissy, move on a different forum.

You can read, can't you? I didn't want to say any of the aforementioned things. There're no better or worse bands. But it's too hard to comprehend, ain't it? One gotta be better than the other. And thanks for your advice, but :fuckyou: