Halifax Show

madison

concert was fucking awesome. First off Id like to say Bach fucking rockedddddddddddddd, man he put 500% into his gig for fucking sure.

might have been short but it was sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Wasn't Jim Lahey awesome?

Also DJ in the flight suit was sweet. Fuck he is great.

i gotta see a picture of DJ in the space suit

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 songs, only 6 off CD is kind of mailing it in when you consider what shows from earlier in the tour were getting.

Considering they were consistently playing 5 songs (sometimes 6) off CD back in 2006, I would hope that any tours moving forward would consist of a much higher quotient of CD songs (only 6 is weak now that the album is out) on a nightly basis.

18 songs, only 6 off CD is kind of mailing it in when you consider what shows from earlier in the tour were getting.

Considering they were consistently playing 5 songs (sometimes 6) off CD back in 2006, I would hope that any tours moving forward would consist of a much higher quotient of CD songs (only 6 is weak now that the album is out) on a nightly basis.

Agree ... maybe fuel deposit was empty tonight?

Was it sold out? ...capacity? tickets sold?...... Its a shame they seems to play less and less songs ......by the time (if they) they come to sweden they

will play a 2H set without This I love, Catcher etc ....but i shouldn't complain ...Its great they are out playing ....

i wonder if there will be any surprises becauses its the last date of this tour in canada

Yes, I was wondering the same thing.

I think it's a great sign that the show started before 11. Great start!

The band probably had some other things to do after the show...like celebrating Axl's birthday.

Ha! No they had to celebrate Del James' birthday. Actually, most of the guys had a 10am pick-up time from the hotel to get to the airport (which is 15 minutes from now). I'm sure they're ready to get back home to New Jersey, California, or wherever. They've been riding around in a bus and sleeping in hotel rooms all month. They stayed at the Marriott Harbourside here in Halifax.

The show was awesome! It looked pretty much sold out. We had side stage seats instead of the floor, which was fine with me. We had a floor experience in Moncton, Calgary, and Edmonton and the floor was much more packed tonight than the other places we saw him. He sang his ass off and the band sounded really good. He was probably at his best during Knockin' On Heaven's Door. I wish they would have played This I Love, but at least they cut the Pink Panther (sorry Ron- three guitar solos seem like too much for me) and played Patience.

Great set of shows. Please play Atlanta this Fall.

before the internet existed, GnR probably gave many of these "shortened" shows and nobody could compare, now we have stats on which songs they played and how long each show was...I wouldn't read anything into this, maybe a band member was under the weather as was the case in Toronto.

I don't have whole lot to add in terms of anything interesting that happened. Everyone else seems to have covered most of it.

I have to admit I was pretty disappointed about the set list. Especially when they started playing "Paradise City" right after "Liquor and Whores". I was bummed for about 30 seconds, then thought, "Fuck it. Who knows when I'll get the chance to see GN'R again and they're in front of me playing the last song of their set right now." I then commenced rocking.

Our seats were pretty good. Second section beside the stage, right by the isle with a direct view right down to the end of the ramp on that side of the stage. Unfortunately we were the very last row at the top of the section and the venue staff were literally standing right behind us. Which made it really hard to take video. My wife did anyway, but she had to hold her hand over the display on the camera so they wouldn't see it. Which obviously made it a little difficult when it came to recording. They didn't come out too bad though. The audio was actually pretty decent. Just before "November Rain" one of the ushers came over and asked if it was a camera and asked her to come with him. She followed him and when they got out by the concession stands he took the camera and tried to delete everything on it. But he didn't know how and got some wired error message. Our camera sometimes does that and it's no big deal, but my wife said, "Great now you broke it." She played dumb and wouldn't help him try to delete the videos/photos, so he said she would have to leave. So she goes, "Fine. I need to go get my coat and purse." Then he just looked at her and asked for the battery from the camera. She gave it to him and that was that. Before the end of the show, he gave it back and we still have everything on the camera. Haha.

I just uploaded "It's So Easy". The quality of my original file is quite a bit better than what was uploaded to YouTube for some reason.

Oh, and around 2:40 in the video, you'll see the awesomeness that is me. ;)

Edited by Sunn074

Cool. This was a solid lil' tour. Toronto was an amazing time and something I'll never forget.

Now Monday it's back to speculating about what comes after Brazil and the rest of S.A. New album perhaps? Who's ready?

Edited by sofine11