Terribly written (and twisted) article regarding latest forum spat

Amir

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense, but if you have problems listening to people's opinions who don't gel with yours, then you shouldn't be coming to a forum.

Gee, Madison, it seems that this applies to you more than anyone! Oh yeah, except that you can't ban people who disagree with you. Shucks!

I haven't really wanted to say anything, in fear of being banned. But it seems that almost any thread about Madison or what happened (even the ones that were on that topic) are all locked.

Over on SUPPORT: "Any Changes Planned for a Post-Madison MGNR?" and "madison no longer listed as admin" have both been locked. Meaning that there's no main threads in there anymore.

The poll over on DON'T DAMN ME "Who thinks Dexter should be banned for the way he talked to Madison" has been locked.

The four topics on ANYTHING GOES that were related to the Madison debacle ("Gunsguy is the new moderator," "Dibiase Returns to Teach Madison a Lesson," "At this point, I think Madison should post a pic" and UKSubs Is Back!") were all locked. And, of course, the original "Revolver's trip to Canada" has been locked. That's a crazy amount of locked threads!

Obviously I'm not saying none of these should have been locked - a lot of them were being trolled, or completely off-topic and whatever. But is there any threads where we can talk about what happened anymore?

See, that's the beautiful thing is that now you can actually have differing opinion and Madison can't ban you. Rejoice!

In regards to topics getting locked, I find this amusing. I especially loved the part where Madison expresses her feigned outrage! That brough the LOLs. No, she probably wouldn't have locked them, she'd just issue warnings or suspensions or simply delete the entire thread. Those threads had gone from a discussion to Madison madmouthing the mods and trying to stir up more shit (shock!). The 'Gunsguy new mod' thread was turning into more of the same, people brining up things he'd done in the past, etc. The 'Dibiase' thread was blatantly rude to Madison if it had been any other member, it would have been deleted too. The pic thread. Really? We need a thread asking her to post a pic. Not going to happen. And the UK Subs is back thread never needed to have it's own thread anyway. If he had wanted it to be in it's own thread he would have put it there. It's the same one of two whiners that Madison keeps encouraging with her stupid 'you rock' and :wub: and great post. Boring. As has been said before, the board is ready to move on. I know this board was your life for so long, Madison, but really. You're what, 35? Yet, you're constantly on the board on Friday and Saturday nights posting. What happened to this fabuslous NY life you were supposed to live? Go make it happen, girl! It's not too late.

And you should be thanking your lucky stars that someone like you, who is 110% in favor of censorship that is even moderately not of your opinion, isn't in charge because you'd be banned so fast your head would spin, cupcake.

We've already been warned not to derail this thread, and you're keeping it off topic. Perhaps it's doing things like that which led to your banning? Or maybe it's the personal attacks on people's lives?

(And yes, I know that there's nowhere else to talk about it. Someone should open up a new thread in Support.)

I've got nothing against Madison because she's never banned, suspended or deleted my threads. And that's probably because my posts don't break the rules.

Anyway, we've been asked to stop bringing it all up in this thread, so let's.

:lol: Pot. Kettle. Black. So it's okay for you and Madison to talk about it but not an opposing viewpoint? Wow, no wonder you're a Madison supporter.

Again, wrong on all accounts. You posts don't have to break FORUM rules, just her personal ones and those change day to day. And ex-Queen Bee herself made numerous attacks on people far worse than my little dig could ever be. I guess all that Kool Aid you've been drinking is clouding your brain. Anyway, I digress, I do think that the horse has been beaten so long it's nothing but pulp at this point.

And, in keeping on topic, the article was terrible excuse for journalism. A gossip mag has better writers. <_<

This one will be lock too if you guys stay off-topic.

Offtopic?

This is a topic about [ poorly written] article regarding forum drama of MyGNR. This is MyGNR.

In all seriousness, how is discussing Axl firing Madison Offtopic in this context? What should be discussed here?

What in here is On-topic then? Should we all get journalist on each others asses and begin analyzing different writing styles and paragraph structures used in the article?

Instead of debating wether Eric bend over in 60,90 or 120 degree angle*, we should debate over different flavors of Gonzo journalism?

If discussing how and why and by whom Madison got Das Boot is offtopic here, isn't everything except discussing the Bar's interior and furnishing in thread Official NYC SURPRISE GIG #2 - Feb 14 th 2010 - The Rose Bar off topic as well?

*My guess,75 °

(ooh this reminded me to listen Izzy's 117° album. If you haven't, I recommend giving it a spin.. It's surprisingly good stuff.Now THIS was off topic, sorry:p)

Edited by LTD

Maybe Madison's demod and Axls 'highly inappropriate rant' deserve a thread somewhere, since this one isn't it.

This thread is about an article published about an unfortunate incident on the internet. I am not inclined to discuss the merits or flaws of the article itself, however the incident of which the article itself is written about, is what I would like to read and write about myself. Where should I go? Is there a thread, or is this it? Obviously this isn't it, since this thread lives with a sword hanging above its neck, derail from the topic and the sword, the lock, will fall.

What happened still nags me from quite a few angles. The topic is sensitive, since it has to be seen as an unfortunate culmination of a pot of things left to cook on the stove. And the way things turned out in the end was unfortunate from quite a few perspectives. Because things are sensitive, unfortunate and at parts even ugly, should we "sweep this under the rug", or "close it quickly in the closet to die"? Wouldn't like that to happen, personally speaking. :thumbsdown:

I know so much has been said and done about the the thing(s) already and that there is a desire to 'move on'. However, the 'moving on' bit happens by itself as time passes - there are going to be fresh developments from the band as they are very much alive and active now, so easily we can deduct from this that there is also going to be fresh developments on the forum, people have and are going to have relevant stuff to talk about. Its just the natural order of things.

Moving on is not the same as sweeping unfortunate incidents under the rug or closing them to die in the closet. If this sort of procedure is desired then yeah, I'll shut my mouth, pretend I didn't see anything and pretend like nothing ever happened, other than some surprise gigs got talked about by the ginger haired one himself. But that's not all that happened now is it.

It is odd that we're not meant to discuss how we perceived the "forum spat" in a thread that is about how others have perceived it. Maybe someone should go and create a new thread for it over in support or anything goes. I've got a couple of things to don't add up which I'd like to ask the moderators.