Terribly written (and twisted) article regarding latest forum spat

Amir

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been away for a few days, anybody fancy updating me on what's been going on because im completely confused.

Edit:

So basically Axl ripped on Revolver a bit because the guy made a claim Axl didn't like?.

Edit:

So its all Maddy's fault?

That's two old-timers confused Mr. GOAB!

R.

Thanx.

So Axl now controls this forum too?

Interesting observations from Axl on abuse of power considering how much censoring goes on regarding certain members on certain forums.

Clear your in box Maddy, i can't pm you

Edited by GET OFF AXLS BACK

already read like three articles like that one where I'm the bad guy =/

I guess it's hell of a lot less of explanations and therefor more comfortable to write about when I am the same as Madison and that I was claiming the exact opposite of what I was actually claiming... three minutes of fame and I'm already trashed to pieces.. wonder how Axl feels

you sound like you had an amazing experience backstage, don't let one minor thing ruin it. if that news source got that much of the information wrong they must not be very reliable, and for the most part i would say the fans know what happened.

Thanx.

Interesting observations from Axl on abuse of power considering how much censoring goes on regarding certain members on certain forums.

Axl doesnt control the forum.

Eric revoked her admin status before the Axl rant.

Thanx.

Axl doesnt control the forum.

Eric revoked her admin status before the Axl rant.

Clearly that is still very debatable.

Still i will look forward to yet another Canadian mod joining the team :rolleyes:

Edited by GET OFF AXLS BACK

As far as I can tell, Eric was thinking of getting rid of Maddy for a while, he deiced to act and told Beta he was about to since he knew that her status was an issue that existed between him and her and Axl, after hearing this, showed up. Then shit happened!

Yeah REVOLVER - I really didn't understand why Axl was pissed at you. You basically relayed a story that Axl didn't care about Slash shirts. It was confusing to me.

he misread what I said... very simple and understandable considering he was already very fed up about Madison

I guess it's hell of a lot less of explanations and therefor more comfortable to write about when I am the same as Madison and that I was claiming the exact opposite of what I was actually claiming... three minutes of fame and I'm already trashed to pieces.. wonder how Axl feels

I don't think that that articles implies you being the bad guy. What the journalist is clearly trying to do is make it seem like Axl was this major dickhead who just lashed out on a competition winner and made him change his story of , which is not the case at all, it was directed at a moderator and the "journalist"(aka a random dude who can type) probably only read Axl's post, which wouldn't surprise me at all, cause that's what they do, it's exactly what bumble said in his interview, when people see or realize that the story isn't that interesting, they'll do everything in their power to make it more entertaining...it's like when I mention GN'R to my friends or random people, first thing they usually say is: oh yeah, i saw youtube videos of axl beating up fans or stopping songs at concerts...etc. you know the regular shit, but this is understandable because people are fed this garbage on a daily basis (or at least when a new piece of news about gn'r comes out), they just want to be entertained, I mean they probably find it fun to talk shit about Axl and say that he's completely insane, it's like that airport incident, i read how some media outlets wrote that Axl went crazy and beat up a journalist for no reason, which clearly not what happened, but writing that he defended his loved one would make people compassionate and create positive feelings toward Axl and they cannot let that happen, because that would be totally against their agenda, which is to make a profit off other people by writing shit...and the train keeps on rollin', I don't personally see an end to this

Edited by ppruks

but we all love you Eli (and Axl too)!

So, that's him told. The fan in question subsequently removed his original comments, saying that his "memory ain't perfect".

WTF? No one ever said this! Not Revolver not Madison. This reporter is making stuff up!

Wut?? Reporters making stuff up? Shocking! Where is the world headed?

:lol:

Yeah, it happens :shrugs:

Oh no not that discussion again....

However I have to say, even I thought the tone of Axl`s post was a bit erm harsh it resulted in great entertainment....I think he should insult a random member every week who was talking trash, that`ll keep the forum running. On the other hand he could give out a backstage pass to a particulary nice member :)

Gsus...just to imagine all the backstabbing, insulting and fighting....Great Entertainment!!! Welcome to MyGnR...the Deathzone!!!

To be fair, the site at least brought a clarification after they were made aware of their mistakes and even linked to this thread.

http://newsblog.thecmuwebsite.com/post/Axl-comments-on-Slash-ban.aspx

CLARIFICATION 12. February 2010 19:34: OK, as TheTruth0723 sort of points out below, there are two errors in this story. First, the forum where this debate occured isn't on the official GnR site, rather it's on fan site mygnrforum.com, where, according to Rolling Stone, Axl is known to post under the user name Dexter. Second, we accidently merged two GnR fans into one (we had mergers on the brain this morning). The fan who had back-stage access at the Canadian gig and the fan who claimed to have the number of a tell-all security guard are two separate people, and it's the latter person Axl's bile was directed at (with apologies to the former fan if any of that bile splashed on him as a result of our mix up). You can follow the whole debate and read some, erm, high praise for our reporting of it on the forum itself here. Should you so wish.

Nice of them to clarify this part.

I hate when the press writes whatever they want without checking the facts. This is the kind of things that make people think Axl is the devil.

Nice to see they did clarifiy the story, many wouldn't care.

No, it's Axl that makes people think Axl's the devil. Did the press write that paragraph for him? No, it was straight out of the horses mouth. Whether you agree with him or not, you can't honestly think people are going to see these sexist, homophobic, juvenile, alpha male, egomaniac attacks (not saying he's one or the other or either, just that he worded it that way) and think people's going to say "Awww, he's a little angel who's always the victim".

If you're going to behave in the way he behaves, right or wrong, you're not going to make any friends outside of the die hard fans you already have who think it's "cool". This is why I say that Axl clearly doesn't give a fuck what people think. If he did, he'd be far more diplomatic.

Edited by Nintari

No, it's Axl that makes people think Axl's the devil. Did the press write that paragraph for him? No, it was straight out of the horses mouth. Whether you agree with him or not, you can't honestly think people are going to see these sexist, homophobic, juvenile, alpha male, egomaniac attacks (not saying he's one or the other or either, just that he worded it that way) and think people's going to say "Awww, he's a little angel who's always the victim".

If you're going to behave in the way he behaves, right or wrong, you're not going to make any friends outside of the die hard fans you already have who think it's "cool". This is why I say that Axl clearly doesn't give a fuck what people think. If he did, he'd be far more diplomatic.

Yes, the paragraph was directly from Axl himself, but the original article clearly paints the situation in the light that Revolver was the one spreading shit about the t-shirts and that Axl's rage was directed entirely toward him. That was not the situation at all, and the casual reader would see that and reach a totally off-base conclusion. It's true that Axl didn't type the most diplomatic response, but the fact is that (in this case, at least), the article warped the entire situation.

Yes, the paragraph was directly from Axl himself, but the original article clearly paints the situation in the light that Revolver was the one spreading shit about the t-shirts and that Axl's rage was directed entirely toward him. That was not the situation at all, and the casual reader would see that and reach a totally off-base conclusion. It's true that Axl didn't type the most diplomatic response, but the fact is that (in this case, at least), the article warped the entire situation.

In your personal opinion, do you honestly think it would matter? Suppose Rolling Stone prints Axl's attack word for word and gets all the facts straight. Do you think the general public is going to change their minds on who and what Axl Rose really is?

Axl can do whatever the hell he wants, it's of no concern to me but had I been in his shoes, I certainly would have handled it differently.

In your personal opinion, do you honestly think it would matter? Suppose Rolling Stone prints Axl's attack word for word and gets all the facts straight. Do you think the general public is going to change their minds on who and what Axl Rose really is?

Axl can do whatever the hell he wants, it's of no concern to me but had I been in his shoes, I certainly would have handled it differently.

I agree with you, Axl can and does do whatever he pleases, and it's also of no concern to me. And no, I don't think it would matter if any article had printed anything totally accurate. However, I'm talking just this one situation. The public won't see things differently, but as a news source, this site has a responsibility to get the facts as straight as possible. In my personal opinion, I have great respect for the man, not necessarily in his tactics, but in his integrity (rather than the original "philosophies").

Edited by TheTruth0723

I agree with you, Axl can and does do whatever he pleases, and it's also of no concern to me. And no, I don't think it would matter if any article had printed anything totally accurate. However, I'm talking just this one situation. The public won't see things differently, but as a news source, this site has a responsibility to get the facts as straight as possible. In my personal opinion, I have great respect for the man, not necessarily in his tactics, but in his philosophies.

I agree. Journalism has gone through the toilet and I blame the internet and it's 24/7 cycle. Alot of publications feel like that have to rush at break neck speeds in order to compete and it causes from some er, sloppy reporting.

As for respect, I respect Axl's musical talent. I don't know the man, and I'm not going to pretend that I do.